1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Questions about anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, May 8, 2012.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

AlittleMayhem likes this.
  2. D'Snowth

Why does my browsing history ALWAYS disappear?
  3. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

See if you have it set to auto-delete after a while
  4. D'Snowth

I've checked that before, and no, I don't.
  5. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Maybe your antivirus? Mine often does that
  6. D'Snowth

What do you use?
  7. Vincent Liu

Norton 360. (And I know it's supposed to do that)
  8. D'Snowth

Ah. Well, I haven't used Norton since my subscription expired back in the spring... unless there's still some Norton components hidden on my computer, though their shouldn't be, I uninstalled the whole thing.
  9. Vincent Liu

Than I probably can't help, sorry.
  10. Sgt Floyd

Unless you go in and manually mess with your computer's registry, generally there are always some remains of any program uninstalled
  11. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

*biting tongue*

See me being good?
    --------------
    Sgt Floyd likes this.
  12. D'Snowth

Why exactly is Kate Upton famous, again? I mean, I think it was because of some kind of scandal, but I can't remember what it was, or why it made her famous.

And am I the only one who doesn't find her attractive?
  13. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

14. D'Snowth

Why is everything being pre-empted by baseball right now? Not that I care about any sporting event, especially when it pre-empts regular programming, but I thought this was football season, not baseball season?
  15. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

It's the baseball postseason, so whatever games are being played tend to get high profile time-slots on TBS, TNT, or FOX.
  16. AlittleMayhem

Would anyone here say that a learning difficulty is the same as a disability?
  17. D'Snowth

I don't know for sure, but what I am aware of is the idea of classifying any kind of learning difficulties being classified as actual disabilities has drawn controversy.
  18. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Depends on what it is; we'd have to be more specific.
  19. Sgt Floyd

Basically, without much more information, it would have to severely inhibit learning and it would affect multiple subject areas, as many areas require the same skills that are affected by a learning disability. Just because you have a hard time learning math or something, does not mean you have a disability.

When it comes to learning disabilities, there aren't really "specific" learning disabilities. It all really comes down to what skills are affected and how severely it affects the students. Without knowing background information and grade trends of the student, you cannot judge if a student has a learning disability.

In fact, students need to go through something called the "pre-referral process" to determine if it is really a disability, or simply someone who just needs more practice, or if there is something more going on in the household. Its a monitoring/intervention method to prevent students from being put in special ed when they really shouldn't be.
  20. AlittleMayhem

I brought this up because I had to fill in a servery in college today. I was stuck on the last two questions, "Do you have a learning difficulty?" and "Do you have a disability?", because autism is sometimes classed as both. In the end, I just said yes to Learning Difficulty and no to Disability, but it got me thinking about what others thought...