1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Questions about anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, May 8, 2012.

1. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Maybe just shy and trying to learn about everyone or everything before speaking. Some people like to think that they are above others and only decide to only talk to people that they think are worthy enough .

I never do that in a new forum. I normally come right in like a chicken with it's head cut off learning the people, rules, & the way it is on day one.
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  2. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Yep, I've had to deal with the 'high-and-mighty' types before. Thankfully, there aren't any on this forum.
    Hayley B likes this.
  3. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

What's worse is when those types are the mods. I've visited a number of forums where the mods thought they were the greatest thing to happen to the internet
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Do all sitcoms have scene transitions now? It just occured to me, it seems like that started sometime in the 90s with 3rd Rock.
  5. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Chats can be annoying too. I went to one that was empty and would try to living it up. I caught this one guy on the chat. But he/she seem annoyed that I was trying to chat with them ( >.< made this face). This person just told me their problems. Basically that they work very hard and don't ever get any sleep.

It was like, sorry for your problems. But, it was like why be on a chat when you don't want to chat?:confused:
  6. D'Snowth

That's why simply IMing with people you know is more sufficient.
  7. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Here's something I never quite understood. When a movie does poorly at the box office in the first weekend, why does the movie company pull out all advertising? Wouldn't it make more sense to make more advertising to get more people to see their movie?
  8. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I guess at a certain point they are looking to cut their losses and focus on another picture that looks more promising. Perhaps they're worried it will look like they are sticking behind a dud if they keep pushing a flop.
    heralde likes this.
  9. D'Snowth

Well, isn't that kind of like, if a new television series seemingly doesn't start off with a bang, the network will go ahead and pull it off the air after like just two episodes, without even giving the series a chance to build up an audience and draw people in?
  10. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well a TV show might improve its chances with more episodes. The movie isn't likely to change what it is once it's released (that's what test audiences are for I suppose).
  11. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

There are more variables with a TV show's success; it could work better with a different time slot, while a movie can't disappear from the theater and come back when competition is less.
    heralde likes this.
  12. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Why is it that there are no TV guest appearances of Paul Williams on YouTube, yet there are so many of 70s celebrities that made guest appearances less than him?
  13. D'Snowth

Maybe he's not as well known as other 70s celebrities?

I don't know... it took me a while when I was younger to figure out who he was... that episode of Dexter's Lab where Dexter took piano lessons from one "Professor Williams" (short, long blonde hair, large glasses, etc) went right over my head for a long time.
  14. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

That is true...he isn't very well known...it's sad really. There isn't a lot of Paul Williams videos available in general...it seems like all the bands who made his songs famous end up with all the credit.
  15. D'Snowth

That's the way the music industry is. It's whoever actually sings/performs the song who becomes famous for it, not the songwriter who wrote it.

But it's not ALL bad... sure, "I Will Always Love You" is Whitney Houston's signature hit, but it's Dolly Parton who gets all the money for it, because she wrote and owns the song: Colonel Tom Parker wanted Elvis to sing it, but he also wanted 50% ownership and royalty for the song, which Dolly said no to.
  16. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

It is sad, to be honest...after all, without the songwriter, the artists would just be sitting around looking at each other...
    heralde likes this.
  17. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Whoa, back up! Paul Williams was in Dexter's Laboratory?!
  18. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I faintly remember that. :dreamy:
  19. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I think theres a clip of it on youtube.
  20. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah that's how my Dad remembered Paul Williams, that he was more known for being a songwriter for others than as a public figure. Writers are always underestimated and taken for granted.