1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Questions about anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, May 8, 2012.

1. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I don't think the tv ever even got past the prototype stage XD
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Why exactly do you need to wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident? What does your underwear have to do with how you got into a car crash?
  3. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I've never heard that before. At first, I thought you meant a different type of accident.... Yes, it is important to wear clean underwear for that.... :shifty:

*You guys can slap me for being gross*
    Sgt Floyd likes this.
  4. D'Snowth

*Slaps Casey for being gross*
  5. CaseytheMuppet

Ouch.... Meh, I deserved it. :sigh:
  6. Sgt Floyd

I think I'm going to like Casey for being gross :D
  7. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Supposedly, so the emergency room docs won't think you're a disgusting piece of filth who never puts on clean underwear. That's an old cultural stereotype particular to WASPs...
    -----------------
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

In case your pants get caught on your car as you're evacuating from it?
  9. D'Snowth

Is that it? Or is it supposedly to make it seem like you didn't end up scaring yourself ****less, literally and figuratively, during the accident?
  10. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    All of which is rather silly, considering the human body's response to extreme trauma is sometimes to expel whatever's in it. We do at death, anyway. That whole "cleanin' up the departed" thing is not a pleasant-sounding task in ANY regard.

-----------
  11. CaseytheMuppet

If you think that's gross, then you haven't seen all of me. :laugh:
  12. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Why does winter (especially Christmas) have a magical feel to it?
  13. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

I think it might be the feeling of nostalgia that makes it really special.

Then again, if people hate Christmas because of bad memories...yeah, I'm not helping with this answer....:/
  14. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I think part of it is the fact that the sun goes down earlier, so that for a good chunk of time some of the brightest lights are the holiday decorations in people's windows or yards. It's hard not to feel a little bit of that holiday spirit when that's all you see.
    Fragglemuppet, heralde and newsmanfan like this.
  15. D'Snowth

Why exactly did drug stores stop offering things like ice cream, milkshakes, soda, etc?
  16. Vincent Liu

Why did they have them in the first place?
    Hubert likes this.
  17. D'Snowth

What other animal names are there that end with the suffix of "ine"? I mean dogs are "canine", cats are "feline", horses are "equine", cows are "bovine", pigs are "swine", what other "ines" are there?
  18. Vincent Liu

19. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Do you like grits? If you do, do you like to put something in it? Like syrup or raisins?
  20. Sgt Floyd

Actually, Felines are technically Felidae, with a single species called a felid, canines Canidae, canid, pigs Suidae...do you see where I'm going with this?