Recipe Swap Out

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Bad thing is, it's an inside joke between us now from another forum. I almost forgot why I was laughing, too. I don't remember things so good for some reason. Could be because I live in an apartment with lead-based paint in it. Wait, this is an apartment, right? I mean--am I even living??

Oh no!!

Whatever

Reaction score
Here we go again! :rolleyes: I dunno if it's you or Muley, or your ghost, or whatever posting. LOL. :big_grin:

Whatever

Reaction score
Quick Peanut Butter Fudge
2 T flour
2 C sugar
1/2 C milk
1/3 t salt
2 T Karo

Heat together on the stove to 235 degrees Farenheit; stir while heating.
After cooking is finished, add 1/2 c peanut butter. It will be liquid but will harden quickly; we pour in onto a dinner plate which has been sprayed with stuff that keeps it from sticking.

Whatever

Reaction score
Pie Crust
1 3/4 c flour, unsifted
1 t salt
1/2 c oil
3 T cold water
stir with spoon until forms, ball, knead with hands. add oil or flour as needed.

Whatever

Reaction score
Rhubarb Pie

4 c rhubarb
1 1/4 c sugar
6 T flour

Mix together; place in pie shell. Dot 1 T butter over the fruit mix.
Add a top crust, let stand 15 min.
Cook for 10 min at 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then cook at 350 degrees F until crust is light golden brown, about 40 minutes in all.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Rolls
Melt together 1 cup shortening, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup milk. Cool the mix to lukewarm. Let me repeat that: Cool. The. Mix. To. Lukewarm.
After you’ve cooled the mix to lukewarm, add 2 packages dry yeast dissolved in ¼ cup warm water. Add flour, to the consistency of pancake batter (at least three cups). Let it rise to about twice its size, then stir it down.
Add (preferably sifted) 2 tablespoons salt, 3 tablespoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and more flour, to the consistency of biscuit (scone) dough.
Let it rise to twice its size, then stir down.
Put the dough in a greased bowl, then grease the top of the dough. Refrigerate overnight.
When ready to use, pinch off the desired amount. Make rolls out of them and put them in a greased pan. Bake at 450º Fahrenheit until brown.
Note: Smaller rolls cook more evenly

Green Bean Casserole
Melt 1 stick margarine, pour over 2 to 2 ½ cups saltine cracker crumbs, and stir.
Line a casserole dish with all but ¾ cup of this mixture.
Drain 2 cans green beans and put atop the crumbs in the dish.
(Optional: after the green beans, you can spread 1 package almonds atop the green beans)
In a saucepan, melt 2 to 3 tablespoons margarine. Add ¼ cup flour. While stirring, slowly add 1 cup milk and 1 ½ cups grated cheddar. Stir and heat until cheese is melted.
Pour the cheese sauce over the green beans. Sprinkle the rest of the crackers over the whole thing.
Bake at 350 Fahrenheit 12-15 minutes.

Jam Cake
Mix the following:
4 beaten eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup blackberry jam or preserves
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup chopped apples
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1 cup raisins, swelled
1 2/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Bake in 3 layers at 325 Fahrenheit
In a saucepan, melt together:
1 ½ cup sugar
2/3 stick margarine
½ cup evaporated milk
the rest of the jelly jar (assuming an 18 oz. jar)
Cook until slightly thickened, and spread between the layers.
There are actually several options for icing:
1: 1 stick butter, 6 tbsp buttermilk, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 box confectioners’ sugar
2: 2 egg whites, beaten stiff, confectioners’ sugar
Either icing can add nuts, but I thought there were enough nuts around here anyway.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
My recipes

Mondel Brat(mondel bread aka biscotti) my mom's recipe

3 whole eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
6-8 oz of chocolate chips(you can use any kind,mini or bakers choc. if you want)
nuts optional(such as almonds,walnuts,whatever you'd like)
(you can also experiment with dried fruit too,or whatever cookie addition you like.At the end you sprinkle sugar or cinnimon sugar over cookie,try baking sprinkles,etc...)

Combine eggs with oil,add dry ingredients(flour is the last dry ingredient,dough should be a little drier than cookie dough;if necessary add a little flour at a time to make dough stiffen).I usually add a second teaspoon of vanilla,just for flavor.Add chips and/or nuts last(add as much or as little as you want;not to over add though).Spray cookie sheets(added trick here also,to use baking parchment paper instead of spray,less browing on bottom of cookie). Form into 2-3 loaves(like your shaping bread,flatten dough,so dough is approx. an inch thick & approx. 5-6 inches wide). Bake at 350 degrees for a half hour. Slice dough into 1 inch slices(should look like biscotti when you slice dough),turn cookie on its side(do not remove from sheet).Sprinkle with sugar or cinnimon sugar. Put cookie sheet back into over for additional 10-15 minutes more of baking(until brown).Remove.

You can,instead of topping with sprinkles or sugar,top with melted chocolate or white glaze.

Dee's Meatloaf

1-1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
1/4 cup ketchup(you can use a small can of tomato paste)
1/4 cup Mrs. Dash seasoning(to taste if you'd like)
1 egg

Mix all ingredients by hand.Place in loaf pan or square baking pan,ungreased.Top with ketchup(or tomato paste),layer top with bread crumbs & 2 slices of American(or favorite) cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 40-45 minutes,until fully cooked.

King Jim

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:

Dee's Meatloaf

1-1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
1/4 cup ketchup(you can use a small can of tomato paste)
1/4 cup Mrs. Dash seasoning(to taste if you'd like)
1 egg

Mix all ingredients by hand.Place in loaf pan or square baking pan,ungreased.Top with ketchup(or tomato paste),layer top with bread crumbs & 2 slices of American(or favorite) cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 40-45 minutes,until fully cooked.

Yum!