Recipe Swap Out

teebs

Reaction score
What a great thread!

I found this spiced nut recipe at allrecipes.com. It's super easy and super good. Everyone who tries them loves them. (Provided they likes nuts...) I've tried pecans as well as walnuts.

"Microwave Spiced Nuts"

Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons water
3 cups pecan halves

Directions:

1 Melt butter in a 4 quart glass casserole dish in the microwave. Stir in the brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and water. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir in the nuts so they are well coated. Microwave for 4 to 5 additional minutes on high, stirring every minute. Spread cooked nuts out onto
parchment or waxed paper to cool.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, if we keep this up, I'll have to put together a MC Recipe Book!!

I made something last night that I know everybody has tried at some point or another, but it was shore enuff good!

1 Cup Milk, microwaved on high for 1 minute
1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp sugar stirred in

That's it. It was warm, sweet milk, and it made me feel very homey and comfortable. But, I'm lactose intolerant, sooo...

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
Cooking

Well guys, I don't cook a lot......................OK, hardly ever, but I do have a couple of (EASY) specialties. Hubby is the cook in our family.......he's an AWSOME cook too! :halo:

Anyhow I'll share my Christmas speciality with ya'll. It's called "White Trash" It looks complicated and looks like a lot, but trust me, I can barely turn on a light by myself, this is EASY!

1 c. Creamy Peanut Butter
1pkg. Peanut Butter morsles
1 Stick Of Butter
1 Pkg (2LB) Powered Sugar
1 Box of Corn Chex Cereal (corn is sweeter, but you can use Rice......I just wouldn't)
1 can of Non-Stick Cooking Spray
1 Aluminum "Turkey Pan"
1 CLEAN, STURDY Trash Bag (yes, I've had to explain this to some people)
1 Double boiler (or you can make one using a sauce pan and a large pan underneath holding enough water for sauce pan to set and somewhat float in)
1 GOOD Friend with STRONG arms.

***DO NOT USE YOUR MICROWAVE FOR ANY STEP IN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!***

To get everything ready:

Spray your "Turkey Pan" with the non-stick cooking spray and pour the cereal into the pan, set aside.
Put Powered sugar into trash bag, set aside

Get double boiler set up and put 1c. creamy p.nut butter, butter, and morstles into top of double boiler and STIR. This is difficult at first, but TRUST ME, you DON'T want burned peanut butter! It's SUPER nasty!
When mixture is smooth pour into turkey pan, over the cereal, have your friend KEEP STIRRING!!!!!!
Coat all the cereal.
When cereal is coated pour into trash bag.
TAKE OUTSIDE (again, trust me on this one) SHAKE VERY WELL. Not only does this coat the p.nut butter/cereal mixture, but it can take some of your stress away!
I sift the extra sugar out because it's TOO rich for me, but you can leave it in if you want.

ENJOY!