Redesigned Muppets for "The Muppets" movie

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's my least favorite hair style too... well, second least favorite.

Somehow, I don't think the character ever looked any better than she since season 4 and GMC... But the facial part of the puppet looks better with the MTM hair. Maybe because the other hair style just accentuates things that look wrong about the puppet.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Just saw a high-res photo of Uncle D with his counterparts, and it seems he has the glowing-eyes feature! I love that about him! Creepy.

Frogster

Reaction score
I've mentioned this before, but Beauregard hasn't changed much either. His eyes seem more lively. Same with Dr. Teeth's eyes, but I think his eyes have gotten too big, almost comical. Also, he used to be lime green, now he's got kind of a yellowish mix to the green. Like some people here, the designs of Sam, Piggy, Animal or Gonzo are gonna take some getting used to. I guess Fozzie's alright but I kinda liked what was said about his overbite from MTM; it was Frank performing him. Fozzie's had his moments but he has always been smarter than Gonzo; it was he who said, "We picked up a weirdo" about Gonzo from the first movie. I really think this movie is going to re-establish the hierarchy of the characters once again.

Also, I think Bunsen's face has gotten somewhat bulbous, like his chin is catching up with the rest of his face. Crazy Harry kinda has the same thing going on, like the pinkish rings around his eyes are almost too comical, like as well as his actual eyes. Some of their faces have kind of ballooned up, like Bunsen and Scooter. Zoot's not bad either but I liked the mouth design from GMC; the permanent frown seems a lil depressing. Also, I like Floyd's look but I miss that design they used back during the last two years of TMS where his bottom jaw slanted upwards. His "lips" and grayish white eyelashes kind of make him look as if he's aged some. Julius Strangepork has the same thing going on but with his ears drooping and his saggy cheeks. The last thing I can think of is, I really miss the shaggy-ness of Sweetums from the first season of TMS. His face became less round and hairy and more squared up and less intimidating by the time the show ended, and he just didn't look as scary. That's probably good though, I used to have nightmares about him as a kid.

Really I'm being completely nit-picky here. Besides, they have to keep updating them. They've backtracked on a few designs before; I remember Scooter and Rowlf and even Kermit not looking as good in GMC as they did during the last year of TMS, imho. I'm really just observing and not trying to complain. Bobo, Janice, Lew Zealand, Uncle Deadly, Rowlf, Link, Beauregard, Thog, Robin, Wayne and Wanda all look really great though.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------
Just last night (kicking myself I didn't see this before), when looking at a behind-the-scenes shot with Kathy Griffith and Billy Crystal for "The Muppets," I realized Newsie, behind them at the table, ISN'T the one from the Disney XD videos! Comparing it best I could to the tiny bits where he's in the trailers, I believe they've put him back to close to what he used to be -- sharp nose and wide jaw! Whoo HOOO!
(loves Classic Newsie) :smile:
--------------------------------------------------

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------------------
Er...Kathy Griffin. Whoops...

-----------------------

markit

Reaction score
From watching the Trailer for new movie (which I just think is AMAZING!!) It's only really Animal that stands out to me as not looking right, and I know he's looked that way for a while now, but why is it so hard to make him look like how he used to ? Much more hair, much more..Animal like...he kinda looks a little malnourished now! :wink: He seems to resemble the Master Replicas Poser more now, I miss Muppet Show Animal ! :smile:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Personally, I have felt that since 2008, Animal has been going back to being really hairy, like he was in the early days of The Muppet Show.

Puppet crazy

Reaction score
From watching the Trailer for new movie (which I just think is AMAZING!!) It's only really Animal that stands out to me as not looking right, and I know he's looked that way for a while now, but why is it so hard to make him look like how he used to ? Much more hair, much more..Animal like...he kinda looks a little malnourished now! :wink: He seems to resemble the Master Replicas Poser more now, I miss Muppet Show Animal ! :smile:

Yes his head is a lot flatter and red. He now has huge bags under his eyes too. He looked good up until after Letters from Santa.