Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The Muppets live forever but unfortunately the ones behind them don't...but I think they will live on forever in spirit. I just think of how Jerry is more alive now then ever before. No more oxygen or wheel chair. Now he can walk and do the things that he did back in the good ole Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, and Sesame Street days. I'm sure Jim had his characters all ready for him when he got there. Now he can perform the characters that his health wouldn't let him do here. :sing::cool::smirk::batty:

aaronmojo

Reaction score
Buck I just read your write up. Great job.

I didn't realize Jerry Nelson's health had declined to the extent that he was in a wheelchair or on oxygen. I'm glad all that's behind him now. What a long, fantastic career he had. He was so good at what he did. He didn't play those characters, he became those characters, and I think that's the highest praise you can give him, as a performer. The thing wasn't a puppet being operated by a puppeteer - it was alive, with its own voice and mannerisms and everything.

I dunno, I'm just sorry he's gone.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
No no I just No!! I'm so sad right now i'm holding back the tears as I type. I will miss you Mr. Nelson
you helped teach me to count!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson quotes:

"Each one of them is an aspect of my own personality. The Muppets are roles I assume, rather than puppets I manipulate. Robin, for instance, is an undersized metaphor for my own insecurities. He has a childlike curiosity about how things work. Uncle Deadly is the greatest ham actor of all time; Floyd is my laid-back, mellow side -- cool. And then there's Crazy Harry, whose ultimate trip is spontaneous combustion. An analyst told me I should develop that side of my personality. I don't think he meant I should go around exploding everything -- just that I should give my emotions more freedom."

"I feel blessed to have worked on something that has become such an icon of the times. I've certainly always thought I've been really lucky in that respect. I enjoy singing and I get to sing a lot. I get to be in a band (The Electric Mayhem) without really being in a band. All of those things make me say, 'Well, that's one blessing. That's another blessing."

dwayne1115

Reaction score
he was so well rounded as a prefromer to play so many voices what a talent! let's remember Jerry and our favorit Muppet he helped.
I will have to say crazy harry I love his laugh!

Vincent L

Reaction score
Both The Muppet Show version and from Jim's memorial service