Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Old Thunder

Reaction score
The "you're not accepting my oppression of you, therefore you're intolerant" stance is bogus. The other question makes little sense.
The point I’m trying to make is that we all see the world differently. The right has their own ideals (and leave the neo-Nazis out of this because the left have extremists themselves), just like the left does. Both sides think they know the best way to run the country, and continuously overrunning people with all this fact-——ery is not going to help us one bit.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Fine, fine.

Heavy metal, doom metal, alternative metal, whichever you prefer.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
To me,

It is one thing I am at least aware of what's going on and am disgusted with the fact that Trump is doing this to our country. But at the same time, I want to focus more on my own life and problems and just let this issue pop up from time to time in my mind and not constantly think about it 24/7.

I think that's what Thunder was getting at.
I know not everyone here is religious, but just to add my two cents, Jesus did talk about injustice and those who are persecuted. But, he didn’t spend his days ranting about the government, even though his was even worse than ours. Instead he talked about how we are to treat each other one on one in our personal interactions. How we get through the day, keeping things in perspective. Because frankly, that’s really all we can do and that’s what we’ll be judged on. Earthly governments come and go, the people and their souls remain.