Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Froggy Fool

Reaction score

An old pencil drawing. I know many people just like his entertainment, but the heart of much of my politics stems from the lessons and the works of Henson. More people of all parties and political persuasions could also take a lesson in HOW he conveyed those messages and treated others. It's easy to forget that and just focus on the message itself, but that's part of it too. And that's what this thread is trying to do. Another lesson I learned from him is resilience. No matter how many people told him no, he kept trying until he go the Muppet Show on the air. He had to fly to another continent to do so, but he did what it took. That's why I chose this particular drawing. My right wrist was crushed during the period I drew this, but in order to stay in college, I had to press on and learn how to draw with my left hand. All Muppets are left handed and, for several months, I was too. Anyway, I thank Jim for gently teaching the world his message of peace, perseverance, and embracing otherness.
OMG! You drew that?! That's flippin' amazing!!! You certainly have a gift...!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
An old pencil drawing.
No it isn't. This is a photograph, you two-faced liar. No one in this world can draw something so amazingly accurate and detailed and life-like. Stop joking around.

.................................HOLY CHRIST THAT'S NOT A PHOTOGRAPH WHAAA

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Daaw. Y'all are sweet. I drew that over two decades ago. It took three tries and I used this sketch as practice to get into the zen mode of drawing. Not to get into too many details, but there was a bit of violence that happened to me when I was young, but it didn't get me down. That's the thing in life. Stuff happens. It's what we do - how we figure out the work-around - that defines us.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
That one's more obviously drawn, but still, that's amazing.
That was the practice drawing where I'd get into my groove before touching the real deal. I never finished this one, but it was fun. Fozzie fur is a lot of fun! It's kinda like fried chicken, actually!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I'm seeing more and more about these supposed "concentration camps" for the children of immigrants torn away from their parents, so I guess it must be true . . . and I'm not even surprised in this "administration." Disgusted, but not surprised.