1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sababa Mokey coming Summer 2006

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Sep 17, 2005.

1. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

As i agree, it wasn't so bad that disney now owns Muppets. I also agree that we've been lied to. This is seriously an outrage! I will never buy another thing from them :grouchy:
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

:boo:
    It Means:
    Where is Kermit Christmas Capers?!?
    Where is all those Muppet Attaractions that were annouced?
    Why have we not heard anything about American Muppet?
    Look What Happend to the Kermit Tour
    And on a Non-Muppet Note, Look at the Song of the South DVD... Ohh Yea THERES NOT GONA BE ONE ANYMORE!!!

They Lied, Which makes them liers!!
    And It Looks Like Sababa Lied too!
  3. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

It Means:
    Where is Kermit Christmas Capers?!?
    Where is all those Muppet Attaractions that were annouced?
    Why have we not heard anything about American Muppet?
    Look What Happend to the Kermit Tour
    And on a Non-Muppet Note, Look at the Song of the South DVD... Ohh Yea THERES NOT GONA BE ONE ANYMORE!!!

They Lied, Which makes them liers!!
    And It Looks Like Sababa Lied too!
    :grouchy: :boo:
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Well, you have two or three different things out of place in that post.

First, only Henson and Sababa have the deal for Mokey.

Disney's Muppets Holding Company owns (outright) all things Muppets. Henson has nothing to do with it anymore.

Henson also has nothing to do with Sesame Street, which is owned by Sesame Workshop.
  5. FraggleFan

FraggleFan New Member

..well, didn't they say mokey would be coming this summer? it's still spring! just because the temps have reached the 90's, we shouldn't lose hope already!
  6. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

As i still pray we get Mokey, where are the production photos or updates? I wish i coulda call them and ask, myself, but i cant.

Dont forget to add the fact that Muppeteers have been lossing their jobs. For example. From the Balcony. A series on movies.com, stars cheaper paid puppeteers, and replaced Steve, and (i wanna say Dave but i think i'm wrong). Disney cut them out to save money. Do you think it stops there? When else will another Muppeteer lose their job due to Disney's changes?

I'm not 100% agasint Disney. We havn't seen too much from them just yet. But thats kind of a draw back, and honestly, Muppet Oz didn't do so well.
  7. Metacritter

Metacritter New Member

Foodie's finding new Fraggle plush, I'm hearing word of Target exclusives, and STILL no Mokey! Oh, the humanity! :cry:
  8. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

So...here it is summer, and we haven't seen or heard anything about Mokey yet. Uh, what's going on? Shouldn't have Sababa said something by now?

:confused:

Convincing John
  9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

10. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Right on, Fozzie!

Fozzie, your email from the other thread (the one you wrote to Sababa Toys) was very well put.

What indeed is the use of an incomplete set of Fraggles? Mokey is one of the core characters, and many fans (including myself) would adore to have a Mokey as part of their collection. Yeah, Doozers are nice...but the PVC ones were enough.

They should have used their money to produce the rest of the core group of characters (Mokey, Matt, Sprocket...maybe Junior Gorg) instead of expanding on the Doozer line. Seeing the wide Doozer selection and not a Mokey in sight makes me think "what gives?"

Do you think an email would be the best way to contact them? I don't know if a regular ol' snail mail letter would be more effective...or calling them.

I hope that someone from Sababa reads this thread (or someone emails 'em the link). I don't think I'd return my Fraggles to the company...but that's only my opinion.

Man, I hope they reconsider Mokey...

Convincing John
  11. LadyVader

LadyVader New Member

a voice heard

I goot this off there web site

Sababa Toys extension
    Main Telephone 646.638.1240
    Customer Service x 0
    Sales Team x 263
    Account Questions x 222
    Logistics x 223
    Operations x 260
    Main Fax 646.638..1242
  12. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

What gives with Mokey?:confused:

I mean, why is she getting the brush-off with a lot of Fraggle stuff. You don't see her on the covers on DVDs, besides the season. Now no plush. That's sad.
  13. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

They shipped the set of new large Sababa fraggles with DVDs a few days ago. If I can, I'll get pictures. :smirk:
  14. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

15. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

are these the Target exclusives that were rumored around these forums? how did you get this information?
  16. ILuVERNIE

ILuVERNIE New Member

17. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I got them today but I have no clue if they're gonna be the Target ones. I got them from an on-line store and they only make Gobo, Wembley & Red. They come with DVDs that have 2 episodes and one cartoon. They're about the size of the Hasbro plushes. They're nice. $20 each. I did a Google for fraggles and these showed up. A warning to the whiners though, they don't have a Boober yet and also, no Mokey, so... start a new thread if you want to cry about it cuz honestly, I'm rather tired of your tantrums.

http://www.playfulplushtoys.com/FraggleRock-plush-toys.html

Nick
  18. Metacritter

Metacritter New Member

Awesome find, thank you! :excited:
    *counts pennies*
    Aw, who am I kidding... It's a foregone conclusion that I'm gonna get 'em!

The real question is how many? I doubled up on the Red plush and the Red & Gobo fun pack. I dangit wanted Red and Gobo free from their bondage, but wanted to leave one of the fun packs intact. Red #2 was going to ride on my motorcycle headlight. I gave up that idea because I couldn't stand to let her get bug-splatted... maybe if I put a windshield back on.

So, can the packages be left un-destroyed when getting the plush out?
  19. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Yeah. They come out easy. Just snip a few wires and the package stays fine. :smirk:
  20. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member