Sam the Eagle as Samuel Arrow action Figure

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
I am not to worried if Sam looks like a real Eagle or not. After all he isn't a real "living" eagle, so it is okay with me if his features are "exaggerated in the case of him having short legs". I think Sam with short legs gives him character. Sam also seemed like a "grounded" muppet in morals, having short legs makes him "closer" to the ground. Hence the pun...

For those wanting "blue" feet... perhaps Palisades might consider having a "natural" colour version and a "blue" paint version. Like how Floydd will come in two differend jacket colours. Just a thought.. to appeal to everyone out there.

I wonder too if Sam has knees. Do we ever see him sitting in MTI? I can't remember.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Can't paint his feet blue because they aren't blue. That's the skin tone. Watch MTI and you will see...

Gonzo

Reaction score
Do we ever see him sitting? The ONLY time you see his legs, he's sitting in the lifeboat, with his big yellow feet sticking out under him.

And the coloring of the feet is accurate both to what we see in the movie and what Henson told Palisades to make--Palisades has to do certain things according to a color code that Henson specifies--which is why Animal, while brilliant, may not be the color that I usually think of him as.

Sam's feet are yellow. Just like Kermit's arms are green. To have a "blue feet" version would be as silly as a "purple arm" Kermit.

Quinnnnnnnnnn

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

We also thought it because the Schleich Sam figure had blue feet.

Why did Henson let that past ?

See ya

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
We also thought it because the Schleich Sam figure had blue feet.
henson lets a lot of stuff pass, i mean it would be long before Sam's feet would be shown in MTI from whenthe schleich fig was made, maybe in hensons eye's Sam was ment to have blue feet back when on the muppet show.

so it's really not wrong then, but its not right either? I Guess...i guess i'm all mixed up now, i would rather have him the way he is thought.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i guess they just thought that yellow feet would be better when they knew they'd be visible in MTI. They change their minds about things a lot - it comes down to what their thinking is right now.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Eeeek! I just posted a pic of his feet just one page back! LOL! I know, most people just read forward. I do that sometimes too. Here is the link again for those of you who may have missed it.

--------CLICK ME! I AM THE LINK. RIGHT HERE. HEY, DON'T YOU SEE ME?----- :smile:

As for the Schleich figures, well the colors on all of them were a bit screwy. I wouldn't go by those. Gonzo, Animal and others looked rather odd. Still have fond memories of them, but they are not the best representations of the characters.

Luke

Reaction score
Jamie,

On behalf of the rest of us blind people, i think we were well aware from your most excellent screenshot that the feet were yellow in MTI. The conversation was more about have they always been yellow or has there been some kind of change ?

When the designers made the feet for MTI it's quite probable that Henson had to make the blue/yellow decision and figure out what would look best on screen. It could well be that earlier sketches over the years had blue feet and thats why they passed the merchandise. It wouldn't have been a big deal for them until the character's feet actually had to be seen on screen. The puppets go through so many design changes and rebuilds that anything is pretty much possible.

I'm not saying i disagree, i think yellow looks best and the sculpt is perfect. Obviously what matters is that since MTI Henson have shown us Sam's feet are yellow, so yellow it is and thats what gets made. I just wouldn't be so sure they've always been yellow !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I am aware of that. Just seemed that people have been still talking as if there is some sort of actual blue feet reference or an absence of all puppet reference to his feet when I just posted his only known full bodied pic. If henson says they are golden, well that's what they are. Of course this comes from the people that gave us skinny Piggy, but that is another issue entirely.

Luke

Reaction score
LOL - Yeah i can see your point. They're making MTI Sam and you have proven above and beyond all doubt that they were golden yellow in MTI ! It's a good job we have a frogboy here with screenshot and reference capabilities !