Sam the Eagle as Samuel Arrow action Figure

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Maybe they should just have these figures come with paints! Sheesh! LOL! Hey, but that is a good gimmick! Hmmmmm!

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Just saw the great posted pic of Sam sitting in the boat!
I like him with yellow (goldish) coloured feet!

Luke

Reaction score
Putting out some kind of paint it yourself line is a cool idea - i think we mentioned it a while back and Phil mentioned that the Muppets had sold 'paint it yourself' stuff before a few times. Ok - it doesn't sound the most fantastic thing to some diehard action figure collectors who are used to just buying a piece, but when you look at how picky Muppet fans are about color schemes such as the Samuel Arrow feet you can understand why they might go for it.

Gonzo

Reaction score
...and Gonzo's nose...

Quinnnnnnnn

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Woops! I myself always thought that Gonzo's nose was blue. But in your picture it looks pinkish. Can't remember off hand but isn't the figure coming out with a blue nose? Did Gonzo ever appear in Muppet form (not cartoon) with a blue nose?

Oh wait... I think I already know the answer to my own question.
The figures are made with the reference material provided by Henson.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Gonzo's nose has gone through changes through the years, but has been fairly standard since the early 80s. His nose is more purplish than blue. It's just hard to translate it because it is no one solid color. It appears to really be blue with pink undertones goving it a purple hue. That's the best explanation I can give. It seems that giving Gonzo a blue nose looks better when he is drawn. And the Baby Gonzo puppet had a very blue nose.

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
The Palisades figures are the best likenesses of the Muppets ever produced, but they set my expectations too high- I was actually hoping they'd be able to get the color of Gonzo's nose right instead of using the same pale blue that has bee used incorrectly for as long as I can remember...

My mind blames this color on the Muppet Babies... but I'm sure it pre-dates them. :frown:

Ken, why Does Henson insist on using that blue? We all read about the animal and Floyd color disagreements - surely there was a Gonzo's nose argument somewhere...

Still, Fozzie is just about the only toy I've ever seen that has actually looked exactly like Fozzie. Well done.

- Derek

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Palisades' Gonzo nose shouldn't be all blue from what they have reported. Do you actually have it or are you speaking of this from second hand knowlege?

It's supposed to be a mix of several colors. I could be wrong about the final version, but I don't think so. Still looks a little more blue than it's supposed to be, but still pretty darn good IMHO. I have also had issues with the overly blue nosed Gonzo representations over the past 25 years.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I've come to accept the blue-nosed Gonzo, even though I know that "in real life" it's not quite like that. Just getting the shape right when you're drawing/sculpting it is tricky enough, let alone COLORING....

I didn't know there was going to be a test!

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Hey Dr.Tooth...don't worry about it....no biggie. It;s out, there isn't a lot we can do about it now...comment all you want.
I meant in the movie, when he was in the "Ny-exceptionally safe little boat." I saw his feet and said to my self, WHAT THE...? Cause we all know that we rarely seen Muppets from the waiste down!

I just wondered from the picture if he's going to be a little wobbly when he stands up!