Scotland meets Kentucky!

Phantom

Reaction score
Y'alls cunfuzin' me with all that fancy talk. Pert'near took fideen min-nuts to figger it out.

Beebers

Reaction score
For a real reading challenge, go over to Henson Headlines, the Oxford Dictionary thread. Which is worth reading anyway.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
anathema said:
It is, however, somewhat worrying that one in three American visitors to Scotland firmly believe that they can go hunting for haggis in the Highland glens...
LOL! I guess they'd be up there for a while... :stick_out_tongue:

"Grits": where I come from, "grit" is what you put on the road when there are icy patches about. Not to be taken internally!
:eek: I should think not!!!!
Erin

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
"Beginnings..."

------------------

Okay, so, like, I got to the airport about 20 minutes before his scheduled arrival, and he was already there waitin' on me! Lol! We recognized each other quickly, honed in, and did the official International Airport Greetin' (a.k.a., "handshake"), got 'is luggage in muh car, 'n headed off to "home"! :smile:

Alex is cool---a li'l more talkative than I'd imagined, li'l taller 'n slimmer than I'd pictured (he looks a li'l differn't online than in person, lol), and a good British guy. I just need to get 'im outta his shell a li'l more, he's a li'l "shy-ish" 'bout me callin' people 'n havin' him talk to 'em or leave a message, lol. :stick_out_tongue: (my sister, a friend, etc.)

We're havin' a good ol' time...we walked around my neighborhood to help stretch out his poor six-hour-plane-ridden legs 'n muscles. And so far his southern US diet has been hot chocolate (lol). But tomorrow sees the Cheese Grits Casserole!! :big_grin:

:crazy:

If ya've seen the FR episode "A Cave of One's Own", it's remindin' me o' me and muh temporary roomie---I'm quite animated, LOVE green, always eatin', 'n Alex is laid-back, has no fav'rite "colour" (happy, Alex?), and professes to "not eat much". Heh. What a weird combo two foreigners can make! lol

He' sittin' behind me right now---lol, this is great! "Real time Muppet pals"! We need to market these!

Really!

We do!

:big_grin:

Okay, he's lookin' at this now, so I'm gonna go---besides, my toilet's still makin' noise, I think he may have messed it up...*gulp*...

Beebers

Reaction score
Whatever said:
Hoo muny Berleens? Berleen is zee best cepeetel ceety ifer!
How many Berlins?

We have eight Berlins, in: Connecticut, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Dakota and Pennsylvania.

There is also a Berlin Heights in Ohio, a Bagdad (without the h) in Arizona, and did you know that Belgium is not in Europe but Wisconsin.

Good luck with those grits, Alex.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
"Good Mornin' "
------------------

Welp, we're both off now. Alex is in the shower. Last night he was in the bathroom and I thought he was gonna shower (he decided to after he slept instead), and I called out to him, "Ya pull the knob to the left for hot water, and to the right for cold", and he called back, "I think I can figure it out. :stick_out_tongue: " And I said, "Well, I've had trouble before in places, so I didn't know! lol :embarrassed: "

I gave him my bed (so's to be a good American host---freshly changed "linens"), and I took the floor. Sorta like a li'l international slumber party. Too bad it weren't no fraggle cave, heehee! :stick_out_tongue:

Anyway, I'll be showin' him some Kentucky stuff today---welcome to the Blue Grass State, Alex! :big_grin:

:smile:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
WOW!!! Sounds like you two are havin' lots of fun, so far!!! How long are you gonna be in Kentucky?

Oh, and in reference to the regional food gathering, I may be Cajun, (I really am), but I make LOUSY jambalaya! Now, if you wanted me to make Crawfish Monica...:big_grin:

anathema

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
WOW!!! Sounds like you two are havin' lots of fun, so far!!! How long are you gonna be in Kentucky?
Until Saturday :smile:

And I have now seen the scary sight that is Byron in the mornings... :-O

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
anathema said:
Until Saturday :smile:

And I have now seen the scary sight that is Byron in the mornings... :-O
:smirk:

It's not that scary! :grouchy:

(i--is it? :concern: )

He also "said" I snored, but I think he was just hearin' the American central air kickin' on 'n off, or a small noise outside, er some'in'...

:attitude:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
(Phantom:I assumed the Katy was a nickname for a regular line on the El train. I don't really know for sure. Yep, a train; not necessarily the El train.)

About the snorin' business, don't wookies normally snore? Besides that, what about the Grits thing??? How'd he take to that??