Series Nine, When

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah, I just checked my e-mail and I got an e-mail (all pretty much the same) about Pops, Steppin' Out Fozzie, Classic Swedish Chef, and the Backstage Playset. This is what it said:

Thanks for pre-ordering from EBgames.com! As an added benefit to ordering from us, we'll keep you informed of ship date changes. We are writing to let you know that the publisher has set a new ship date for Muppets Series 9: Pops Figure of 10/28/2004. As always, EBgames.com will not charge your credit card until we ship your order.

:big_grin: Can't wait! Just about 9 more days till they ship.

caper

Reaction score
Yeah, I just checked my e-mail and I got an e-mail (all pretty much the same) about Pops, Steppin' Out Fozzie, Classic Swedish Chef, and the Backstage Playset. This is what it said:

What about Lips???

rexcrk

Reaction score
caper said:

What about Lips???
I dunno, I was wondering that too :sympathy: according to my order, I ordered all 6 figures (Chef, Pops, Fozzie, and the 3 versions of Lips) so it should've sent me a thing for Lips too. Oh well, as long as I get the figures, that's all that matters :halo:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I didn't get an e-mail about Jonny last time, so it makes sense there is not one about Lips this time. It's probably because he is a three paint or something.

Luke

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
Can't wait! Just about 9 more days till they ship.
Don't hold your breath, it sounds wrong. Ken said they were somewhere on the sea still. They'd have to clear customs after that too. From past experience i don't think we'll see them till mid November and a few weeks later for EB.

caper

Reaction score
I thought you guys said that it comes out 10/28?

But now it says it comes out 10/31 and the Rowlf playset on 11/21.

Why does Palisades keep changing these things??

What is so hard to keep it in schedule?? :grouchy:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Palisades doesn't change it. EB games changes it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, the 11/21 date is probably closest at the earliest. EB Games may not ship until the beginning of December.

caper

Reaction score
Yeah, the 11/21 date is probably closest at the earliest. EB Games may not ship until the beginning of December.

Yes, but why so much delay?

WHen a CD or DVD is schedule to release on a certain date it follows through...then why can't the muppet figs follow through?

If they say it'll be on Oct. it becomes Nov. and then Dec.

Is it because some stupid marketing strategy that obviously does not work or are the Muppet lines going out of business so fast that they keep delaying??

Luke

Reaction score
caper said:
Yes, but why so much delay?
There is no official delay - action figures aren't like DVD's with a certain release date. EB estimate one from when they know things are shipping from China, it has nothing to do with Palisades at all - and usually EB are very wrong in their estimations. For one, it's impossible to estimate how long the shipment will spend clearing customs, it can be days to weeks.