1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Series Nine, When

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Gonzo14, Oct 5, 2004.

1. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Yeah, I just checked my e-mail and I got an e-mail (all pretty much the same) about Pops, Steppin' Out Fozzie, Classic Swedish Chef, and the Backstage Playset. This is what it said:

Thanks for pre-ordering from EBgames.com! As an added benefit to ordering from us, we'll keep you informed of ship date changes. We are writing to let you know that the publisher has set a new ship date for Muppets Series 9: Pops Figure of 10/28/2004. As always, EBgames.com will not charge your credit card until we ship your order.

:D Can't wait! Just about 9 more days till they ship.
  2. caper

caper Member

Yeah, I just checked my e-mail and I got an e-mail (all pretty much the same) about Pops, Steppin' Out Fozzie, Classic Swedish Chef, and the Backstage Playset. This is what it said:

What about Lips???
  3. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I dunno, I was wondering that too :sympathy: according to my order, I ordered all 6 figures (Chef, Pops, Fozzie, and the 3 versions of Lips) so it should've sent me a thing for Lips too. Oh well, as long as I get the figures, that's all that matters :halo:
  4. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

I didn't get an e-mail about Jonny last time, so it makes sense there is not one about Lips this time. It's probably because he is a three paint or something.
  5. Luke

Luke Active Member

Don't hold your breath, it sounds wrong. Ken said they were somewhere on the sea still. They'd have to clear customs after that too. From past experience i don't think we'll see them till mid November and a few weeks later for EB.
  6. caper

caper Member

I thought you guys said that it comes out 10/28?

But now it says it comes out 10/31 and the Rowlf playset on 11/21.

Why does Palisades keep changing these things??

What is so hard to keep it in schedule?? :grouchy:
  7. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Palisades doesn't change it. EB games changes it.
  8. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, the 11/21 date is probably closest at the earliest. EB Games may not ship until the beginning of December.
  9. caper

caper Member

Yeah, the 11/21 date is probably closest at the earliest. EB Games may not ship until the beginning of December.

Yes, but why so much delay?

WHen a CD or DVD is schedule to release on a certain date it follows through...then why can't the muppet figs follow through?

If they say it'll be on Oct. it becomes Nov. and then Dec.

Is it because some stupid marketing strategy that obviously does not work or are the Muppet lines going out of business so fast that they keep delaying??
  10. Luke

Luke Active Member

There is no official delay - action figures aren't like DVD's with a certain release date. EB estimate one from when they know things are shipping from China, it has nothing to do with Palisades at all - and usually EB are very wrong in their estimations. For one, it's impossible to estimate how long the shipment will spend clearing customs, it can be days to weeks.
  11. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Well, even though they change their shipping dates a lot, and it can be aggravating, the important thing is that the figures will eventually get here. :)
  12. Docnzhoss

Docnzhoss Active Member

Too true, too true.
  13. caper

caper Member

My beef is that the figures are already made so why not ship and sell it to the people already????

What are they waiting for??

WHy this long??
  14. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

They are trying to. The figures are either on the sea now or are stuck in customs. As soon as they get out of customs they will be sent to the stores and to you.
  15. Gonzo's Goof

Gonzo's Goof New Member

ebgames.com has pushed back the dates again now they are at 11/26/04 what I think might be off. The backstage playset says 11/21/04. I don't mind the few push backs but ebgames really needs to stop flipping the dates all the time. They jump the gun way to much, they were first at 11/01/04 there was no reason to move it up. They should of known it wouldn't get her in that time. Anyway so the 22st or 27th we should have them.

Gonzo's Goof :concern:
  16. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

has anyone seen pictures of lips of pops in their packaging or with their accessories?
  17. MockMockChef

MockMockChef New Member

Now somebody where Palisades Muppet Action Figures are sold in Belgium?
  18. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

19. Docnzhoss

Docnzhoss Active Member

I just ordered the backstage playset today! This is rough. We're getting Sweetums, backstage, Swedish Chef and Scooter minis, and Animal exclusives all at the same time, and Series 9 is coming soon. This is the new wallet diet.
  20. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Don't I know it! Luckily I think my paycheck is due next week!
    You forgot that the Jim Henson figure will show up anytime now!