1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Podcasts

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by scarecroe, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well, there are several differences. I saw the segment recently in a rerun. Much of the dialogue was altered to be about frustraition instead of anger, and even her last line was changed. Instead of saying "I guess things aren't quite so bad," it was changed to "Nevermind."

The Brother's dialogue was the same, and undubbed.
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

The newest episode invovles the word "prepared". Segments include:
    • a song about getting up (this song sounds a bit like a recent song that I've hear don the radio a lot, but I don't know the name of that song, either)
    • a pirate shows his captain how he has prepared (I think this is from the 1970s or 1980s. I think I've seen an image of this on a Muppet Wiki page for a 1980s episode)
    • a sand-illustrated crab tries to avoid getting hit by a wave (with Murray voice-over)

No Muppets beside Murray in this one. I was hoping that the sketch where Ernie and Bert go to the beach and Bert prepares for everything would be included (that crab sketch would have been agood lead-in for it).
  3. Drtooth

I hate to take your job away from you, minor muppets.... :eek: but here's the full rundown:

Prepared:

Word on the Street opening
    Wake Up song - Parody of Hey Yah by Outkast (performed by the actor who plays Miles)
    Murray Word on the Street Bumper
    Celebrity Word of the day-a New York Jet football player tells what he brings along when he's prepared.
    A Cartoon featuring a pirate captain and his first mate putting notes in bottles and forgetting to cast off (Note- this one seems to be redubbed by new voice actors)
    Sand Animation of a crab whos shelters keep getting washed away (Murray's VO is added to discuss the crab being prepared.
    Word on the Street Closing.

All and all, disappointing not to see any other muppets, but that 1980's cartoon (redubbed or not) was a fun little addition.
  4. minor muppetz

The latest episode is on the word "family".

Content:
    The Word on the Street: Family
    Film: a girl awaits for her mother to give birth to a new baby (I think this film appears in A~New Baby in my House)
    Rosita and her family demonstrate the spanish word "Familia" (with Murray voice-over) (I think this might have been a spanish word of the day sketch)
    Word of the Day Explanation: Family
    more interviews between Murray and people on Family
    another film clip (I forget what happens)

It was a bit disapointing. There are many great Muppet sketches that could have been included, such as one of the skits with Ernie and Ernestine, or Ernie giving Bert's nephew Brad a bath, or Five People in my Family, or Kermit's interview with the bird whose parents don't live together, or Ernie meeting Bert's brother Bart, or anything with Cookie Monster and Cousin Monster. I am also a bit surprised that Doing the Family Thing wasn't included.
  5. minor muppetz

Here's another rundown:
    Word on the Street: Mystery
    Jane Tuesday: letter L
    Murray talks to more people about the word on the street
    Word of the Day Explanation: Mystery (murray voice-over added)
    Kermit and Cookie Monster: Mystery box (ending edited)
    cartoon: a bug (or maybe it was another animal... I forget now) decides to see which is different between three butterflies and a bird (with murray voice-over)
  6. Drtooth

This Week's Podcast- Mail

Murray Word on the street Opening-
    Stop motion/Computer animation- You got a Letter, open the letter (redubbed with Murray, Graphically Altered to have the word "Mail" come out instead of a letter)
    Celebrity Word of the day- Someone from Law and Order discusses Mail, and shows off the mail from the pickle of the month club he has recieved.
    Murray Talk Spot
    The Mail Channel (from Elmo's World- edited for time)
    Murray talk spot-Murray pretends to mail a letter.
    Elmo's World Mail opening montage of kids getting mail (music redubbed with Murray's Voice over added)
    Big Bird checks his mail, a postcard for radar from Big Bird (I believe this was the E-mail segment from Elmo's world Mail)
    Murray closing (murray gets stuck in the mail box)

This one had a lot of segments from Elmo's world without a single Elmo clip. Seems kind of a cheat that they'd just use clips from that. Plus I always hated that stop motion/ Computer mail box "you've got a letter segment" But it was great to see Big Bird in this podcast.
  7. minor muppetz

The latest one is "predicament". In addition to The Word on the Street and Word of the Day Explanation skits for predicament, it includes a claymation cavemen sketch where the two cavemen try to open a door (with Murray voice-over), Super Grover trying to help a girl get her hat that's blown across the street and into a tree (the Super Grover openign is edited out, and I think the ending is also edited), and a cartoon where an ant tries to move a sugar cube (with Murray voice-over). So this is the first podcast to feature Super Grover.

Considering that this podcast came on christmas, it's a shame that a special christmas podcast couldn't have been done. Sure, christmas wasn't a word on the street, but a new christmas word on the street segment would have been great (and if the writers strike would have prevented it, then it could have been all improvised). There could have been clips from the various Sesame Street christmas specials, and the news skecth where Kermit waited for Santa to get down the chimney would have been a good one to include.
  8. minor muppetz

The newest podcast focuses on the word "Windy".

Contents:
    • The Word on the Street: Windy
    • a man's hat blows off in the wind (with Murray voice-over)
    • Larry King interviews the letter W (edited to only include him asking the W what it's favorite W word is)
    • Grover gives a weather report
    • Word of the Day Explanation: Windy with Gina (I'm surprised that a cast member gave an explanation)
  9. minor muppetz

I forgot to mention that the last podcast also included a film about kites. But here is a rundown for the newest podcast, "Apology".

• Word on the Street: Apology
    • Traction Jackson plays basketball with someone who thinks he can't play in his chair
    • The Word of the Day: Apology
    • claymation cavemen build sandcastles
    • Prairie Dawn interviews the Big Bad Wolf, whose feelings are hurt because Little Red Riding Hood comments on the size of his body parts and calls him Granny
  10. minor muppetz

The newest one is "Gigantic", featuring:
    The Word on the Street: Gigantic
    Word explanation: Gigantic
    a man asks to see some gigantic things, ending with a bird, which is not gigantic, except to a worm
    a girl plays music on a fench, which turns out to be the teeth of a large monster (I think Kathy Mullen performs the girl in this sketch)
    Grover the waiter: Hamburger (edited so that Grover recommends the big hamburger, with dialogue reedited in certain parts, and with Murray voice-over added)

There is also a cartoon which I am unsure of how to describe, but it ends with a shot of the earth and moon.
  11. minor muppetz

The newest podcast episode is "Rhyme". Besides the corresponding "Word on the Street" and "Word of the Day Explanation", segments include:
    • The Rhyme Time Song
    • Fat Cat (edited to only include the "ball" rhyme section, and with the word "rhyme" appearing on-screen at the end, with Murray reading the word)
    • Savion plays a rhyming game

For once the podcast features a segment that I expected in advance (Fat Cat). I also expected Rhyme Out, but while that one isn't included, it still has a Savion segment.
  12. minor muppetz

The newest episode focuses on the word "Amazing".

Contents include:
    • The Word on the Street and Word of the Day explanations for "amazing"
    • Number Three Ball Film (powder version, with Murray voice-over, the word "amazing" superimposed into the segment, and counting voice-overs cut out)
    • Mumford's cookie trick (with "amazing" superimposed on-screen)
    • a boy jumps over a big A and walks around it on his hands (the "Masing" part of "Amasing" is superimposed next to the A)
    • Amazing Animal Tricks
  13. minor muppetz

The new podcast episode is Expert.

Featuring:
    The Word on the Street: Expert
    Elmo talks about what he'd like to be when he grows up (was this a sketch ont eh show, or made for this podcast? it includes clips from other Elmo sketches)
    a girl visits her granfather, an expert chocolate maker
    word of the day explanation: expert (with Murray voice-over... I think this was originally from an Elmo's World segment)
    Expert Performances
    karate class film (with Murray vocie-overs)
  14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

So are any of these episodes archived? I was only able to download the first one they did.

Also, Murray monster is one of the best new Muppets since Mo Frackle, that Larry the Possum guy from From the Balcony/Puppet Up, Joe the Armadillo, and Waffle the cowmonkey.
  15. minor muppetz

This weeks podcast: Practice.

This weeks segmnets:
    • Word on the Street: Practice
    • Film: two kids talk about whistling
    • Word of the Day: Practice with Jon Stewart
    • cartoon: a girl in a painting talks about her piano lesson
    • Grover asks a girl if she plays any instruments
    • Cartoon: a cowboy says that his older siste rtells him to practice
    • Song: Write Your Name with a boy, a Muppet cowboy, and others (including Maria, Tely, Zoe, The Count, Big Bird, and Elmo)
  16. minor muppetz

Well, after 22 podcasts, Ernie and Bert have finally appeared in the newest one, Pretend.

Contents include:
    • What's the Word on the Street?: Pretend
    • Big Bird asks kids what they like to pretend to be
    • Word of the Day explanation
    • Ernie pretends to be somebody in the family, and has Bert guess who
    • Elmo and Venus, a tennis player (I don't know her last name... yeah, I live under a rock), pretend to play tennis

:p :(
  17. minor muppetz

There's been 23 podcast epsiodes so far. Only three more epsidoes to go before all of the "word on the street" segments have been used, and then we'll know what will hapen with the podcast next. We'll find out if a different topic is used for the epsidoes (like "Letter of the Day" or "Number of the Day"), or if new word segments are made, or if the podcast discontinues, or what.
  18. minor muppetz

This weeks podcast was about the word "sigh". Man, I wish I could remember which "word on the street" and "word of the day" segments were used...;) Sigh....

Anyway, the contents include:
    • cartoon: the word "sigh" appears on-screen
    • clip montage: Bert, Grover, and Kermit all sigh, as the word "sigh" apears on-screen (some of the sketches that clips were used from include the sketch where Ernie gives Bert a physical and where Grover attempts to sell Kermit earmuffs)
    • Cartoon: Dr. Annie Eyeball talks about sighing
    • Ernie sings Bert a lullaby to get him to sleep (the word "sigh" appears on-screen, coming out of Bert's mouth whenever he sighs)
  19. minor muppetz

Angry

The latest one is great. It features at least two sketches that I predicted would be included. And aside from the word on the street/ word of the day explanation sketches, everything is from the 1970s!

Sketches:
    • Ernie sks Bert to pretend to be angry
    • Sesame Street News: what makes people angry?
    • Bert tells John-John that he's lost his paperclips

It's a shame that the Little Jerry song "Mad" wasn't included (the word "angry" could have appeared on-screen when they sang "We're angry, really, really angry"). And I don't think Murray had any superimposed voice-overs this time.

And of course each sketch was edited. Bert only pretended to be angry once. Kermit only tried to ask a few people what makes them angry (and the beginning, with the announcer introducing Kermit and Kermit talking to an off-camera person, was cut). And Bert didn't pretend to be sad.

:mad:
  20. minor muppetz

the last word on the street!

The latest podcast epsidoe focuses on the word "Struggle". In addition to "What's the Word on the Street?" and "The Word of the Day" skits for struggle, segmnet sinclude:
    • Big Bird teaching Snuffy to ice skate (Martin Robinson redubbed Jerry Nelson's Snuffy dialogue here... And it sounds like some of Snuffy's dialogue was changed to reflect the word on the street)
    • A boy (whose head resembles a goomba from the Super Mario Bros. games) struggles to fly
    • "It's a Long Hard Road, But I'm Gonna Get There"

And now all of the words on the street have been used up. I can't wait to see what happens with the podcast next week.