Sesame Podcasts

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, there are several differences. I saw the segment recently in a rerun. Much of the dialogue was altered to be about frustraition instead of anger, and even her last line was changed. Instead of saying "I guess things aren't quite so bad," it was changed to "Nevermind."

The Brother's dialogue was the same, and undubbed.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The newest episode invovles the word "prepared". Segments include:
  • a song about getting up (this song sounds a bit like a recent song that I've hear don the radio a lot, but I don't know the name of that song, either)
  • a pirate shows his captain how he has prepared (I think this is from the 1970s or 1980s. I think I've seen an image of this on a Muppet Wiki page for a 1980s episode)
  • a sand-illustrated crab tries to avoid getting hit by a wave (with Murray voice-over)

No Muppets beside Murray in this one. I was hoping that the sketch where Ernie and Bert go to the beach and Bert prepares for everything would be included (that crab sketch would have been agood lead-in for it).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hate to take your job away from you, minor muppets.... :eek: but here's the full rundown:

Prepared:

Word on the Street opening
Wake Up song - Parody of Hey Yah by Outkast (performed by the actor who plays Miles)
Murray Word on the Street Bumper
Celebrity Word of the day-a New York Jet football player tells what he brings along when he's prepared.
A Cartoon featuring a pirate captain and his first mate putting notes in bottles and forgetting to cast off (Note- this one seems to be redubbed by new voice actors)
Sand Animation of a crab whos shelters keep getting washed away (Murray's VO is added to discuss the crab being prepared.
Word on the Street Closing.

All and all, disappointing not to see any other muppets, but that 1980's cartoon (redubbed or not) was a fun little addition.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The latest episode is on the word "family".

Content:
The Word on the Street: Family
Film: a girl awaits for her mother to give birth to a new baby (I think this film appears in A~New Baby in my House)
Rosita and her family demonstrate the spanish word "Familia" (with Murray voice-over) (I think this might have been a spanish word of the day sketch)
Word of the Day Explanation: Family
more interviews between Murray and people on Family
another film clip (I forget what happens)

It was a bit disapointing. There are many great Muppet sketches that could have been included, such as one of the skits with Ernie and Ernestine, or Ernie giving Bert's nephew Brad a bath, or Five People in my Family, or Kermit's interview with the bird whose parents don't live together, or Ernie meeting Bert's brother Bart, or anything with Cookie Monster and Cousin Monster. I am also a bit surprised that Doing the Family Thing wasn't included.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's another rundown:
Word on the Street: Mystery
Jane Tuesday: letter L
Murray talks to more people about the word on the street
Word of the Day Explanation: Mystery (murray voice-over added)
Kermit and Cookie Monster: Mystery box (ending edited)
cartoon: a bug (or maybe it was another animal... I forget now) decides to see which is different between three butterflies and a bird (with murray voice-over)

Drtooth

Reaction score
This Week's Podcast- Mail

Murray Word on the street Opening-
Stop motion/Computer animation- You got a Letter, open the letter (redubbed with Murray, Graphically Altered to have the word "Mail" come out instead of a letter)
Celebrity Word of the day- Someone from Law and Order discusses Mail, and shows off the mail from the pickle of the month club he has recieved.
Murray Talk Spot
The Mail Channel (from Elmo's World- edited for time)
Murray talk spot-Murray pretends to mail a letter.
Elmo's World Mail opening montage of kids getting mail (music redubbed with Murray's Voice over added)
Big Bird checks his mail, a postcard for radar from Big Bird (I believe this was the E-mail segment from Elmo's world Mail)
Murray closing (murray gets stuck in the mail box)

This one had a lot of segments from Elmo's world without a single Elmo clip. Seems kind of a cheat that they'd just use clips from that. Plus I always hated that stop motion/ Computer mail box "you've got a letter segment" But it was great to see Big Bird in this podcast.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The latest one is "predicament". In addition to The Word on the Street and Word of the Day Explanation skits for predicament, it includes a claymation cavemen sketch where the two cavemen try to open a door (with Murray voice-over), Super Grover trying to help a girl get her hat that's blown across the street and into a tree (the Super Grover openign is edited out, and I think the ending is also edited), and a cartoon where an ant tries to move a sugar cube (with Murray voice-over). So this is the first podcast to feature Super Grover.

Considering that this podcast came on christmas, it's a shame that a special christmas podcast couldn't have been done. Sure, christmas wasn't a word on the street, but a new christmas word on the street segment would have been great (and if the writers strike would have prevented it, then it could have been all improvised). There could have been clips from the various Sesame Street christmas specials, and the news skecth where Kermit waited for Santa to get down the chimney would have been a good one to include.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The newest podcast focuses on the word "Windy".

Contents:
  • The Word on the Street: Windy
  • a man's hat blows off in the wind (with Murray voice-over)
  • Larry King interviews the letter W (edited to only include him asking the W what it's favorite W word is)
  • Grover gives a weather report
  • Word of the Day Explanation: Windy with Gina (I'm surprised that a cast member gave an explanation)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the last podcast also included a film about kites. But here is a rundown for the newest podcast, "Apology".

• Word on the Street: Apology
  • Traction Jackson plays basketball with someone who thinks he can't play in his chair
  • The Word of the Day: Apology
  • claymation cavemen build sandcastles
  • Prairie Dawn interviews the Big Bad Wolf, whose feelings are hurt because Little Red Riding Hood comments on the size of his body parts and calls him Granny

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The newest one is "Gigantic", featuring:
The Word on the Street: Gigantic
Word explanation: Gigantic
a man asks to see some gigantic things, ending with a bird, which is not gigantic, except to a worm
a girl plays music on a fench, which turns out to be the teeth of a large monster (I think Kathy Mullen performs the girl in this sketch)
Grover the waiter: Hamburger (edited so that Grover recommends the big hamburger, with dialogue reedited in certain parts, and with Murray voice-over added)

There is also a cartoon which I am unsure of how to describe, but it ends with a shot of the earth and moon.