Sesame Street Encyclopedia Update

Thijs

Reaction score
As announced before, the improved Sesame Street Encyclopedia is online!
The first version was only functional, but didn`t look so good, so Warrick and Ryan joined me to build a new version. And now it`s more functional, and looks good too!
The adress is

www.SesameEncyclopedia.cjb.net

The thing we try to accomplish is to have a picture and a bio (big or small, depends on the screentime of the character) of each (puppet) character that ever was on Sesame Street (USA).

This sounds impossible, but with the help of the forum, we think we can get far.

Things you can do to help us:

1 Visit the website

2 Do you miss a character? That`s because we don`t have a picture of it. Do you have a picture of it? Send it to us:
sesamestreetencyclopedia@hotmail.com

3 Don`t like the picture we put online? Have a better? Send it to
sesamestreetencyclopedia@hotmail.com

4 Then the bio's: We try to put everything we now about a character online. Age, Birthday, where it lives, wich seasons it is/was on, wich year(s), it's performer(s), Movie appaerances, TV appearances, TV specials, most famous song, background facts, and of course a description: how does it look like, what is it's personality like, favourite food, best friend, hobby.
As you can see, many characters are online, while there is nothing in the bio. That can mean two things: 1 We are working on it, 2 we don`t know a (certain) thing about the character). We need all the help we can get writing the bio's. So post everything that`s missing in the bio's in this thread. Or complete bio's of course, we would be very thankful. Maybe I will sometimes make a appreciation thread of a character.

Of course, if you help us making the site by sending us pictures or writing bio's, we give you the credits on the site!

So, visit Sesame Street Encyclopedia on
http://www.sesameencyclopedia.cjb.net/

greetings from Thijs, Warrick and Ryan

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Clean composition, neat layout. Very good job!! :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

That's good so far. Keep working on it. I'm looking forward to reading the updated version.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i'd like 2 see some Sonny Friendly, but otherwise its great. and when was Gladys in Follow That Bird?

Cathlene The Cow...niiiicce! just need some more info. from what i know she's kinda like a Big Bird personality-cow, from the episode i seen her in when telly and some girl were tryin 2 teach her what love is. I think she was played by Rick Lyon

Aristotle - never heard of her or him whatever

Professor Nobel Price was played by Frank Oz. According to Unpaved- A professorial muppet whose lectures were so dull that he put himself to sleep as he was giving them. While he was sleeping, whatever the concept he was discussing would be demonstrated in the background (if he was talking about feelings, a group of "Happy" muppets would walk throug, for example). He was played by Frank Oz, but he didn't make the cut because he was, well, too dull.

I'd also like some Harvey Kneeslapper, Herbert Birdsfoot, Placido Flamingo, Vincent Twice, and The Spaceship Surprise gang

Thijs

Reaction score
glad you like the site

Sonny will be on the site of course

and about Gladys, in the end scene, she speaks and when susans car comes around the corner she is in the background

Luke

Reaction score
It's a lovely site guys, especially a nice graphic design Warrick. I think great things will come from this !

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Punknpuppets: Me thinks you've confused two different Muppets with each other. The dull professorial Muppet you're talking about is named Professor Hastings. Dr. Nobel Price is a completely different character who was kind of a weird science inventor. He'd make machines and inventions that wouldn't really work, but when the end effect was achieved he thought his inventions work. The best example of this is the rain shortage episode where his rain maker machine refuses to work, and when it does rain he thinks it's because of his machine. Another classic Nopel Price sketch is the one where he brings the Six Dollar Man to life.
I've got a few questions about the site:
1 Should Little Jerry be placed in the L's since his name is "Little" Jerry? To that end, shouldn't Mr. Johnson be listed in the M's and Dr. Nobel Price be included in the D's?
2 In the Count's bio, shouldn't it say that he appeared in Elmo's Adventures in Grouchland instead of Grouchand?
3 Shouldn't Cathlene the Cow be listed before any other C Muppets or at least in her proper alphabetic placement?
Thanks for your help and keep the fight going to complete the Encyclopedia!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
Punknpuppets: Me thinks you've confused two different Muppets with each other. The dull professorial Muppet you're talking about is named Professor Hastings. Dr. Nobel Price is a completely different character who was kind of a weird science inventor. He'd make machines and inventions that wouldn't really work, but when the end effect was achieved he thought his inventions work. The best example of this is the rain shortage episode where his rain maker machine refuses to work, and when it does rain he thinks it's because of his machine. Another classic Nopel Price sketch is the one where he brings the Six Dollar Man to life.
well they look exactly alike and i remember on this one thread i made i wondered who Dr Nobel Price is and some dude (i forgot who) said it wuz just another name for Professor Hastings.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tommie
glad you like the site

Sonny will be on the site of course

and about Gladys, in the end scene, she speaks and when susans car comes around the corner she is in the background
what did she say? sorry, i havent seen it since i wuz in kindergarden

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

well they look exactly alike and i remember on this one thread i made i wondered who Dr Nobel Price is and some dude (i forgot who) said it wuz just another name for Professor Hastings.
I remember Dr. Nobel Price. He was some kind of inventor. However, what he didn't realize is that the things he invented, had already been previously invented. For example, I remember reading one magazine where he invented something called a "dream machine," which was really a pillow.