Sesame Street Encyclopedia Update

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo14
Where's Ernie
We work very randomized, so it remains fun, and doesn`t become work. Ernie will be online soon, just as all the other main characters you miss, Elmo, Telly, Zoe...

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tommie
Punknpuppets: could you provide us good pictures (big, clearly) of Harvey Kneeslapper, Vincent Twice, and The Spaceship Surprise gang?

About Aristotle, he is lead singer of a band, The Aristotles. You will get to see more characters in the encyclopedia you have never heard of.
i'm studyin a guy named Aristotle in history class

And I can probably get some pics of Harvey, but not the Spaceship Surprise gang or Vincent Twice...but hears an idea, take a picture of Guy Smiley and the Orange AM, print em off, draw some star trek suits on them and VOILA!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Tommy, I'll be working on the profiles of the B characters for you this weekend limiting myself to the ones that are already listed. As soon as they're ready, I'll ship them off to you.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
B Character Bio

Tommy, here's all the stuff I've got for Baby Bear's bio. Hope it helps.
Baby Bear

1 Performer: David Rudman.
2a Seasons: Not really sure but I know at least from 25 - Present.
2b Years: 1994 - Present, as inferred from above.
3a Lives In: House of the Three Bears presumably.
3b Lives With: Papa Bear and Mama Bear.
4 Best Friend: Telly Monster, though he's good part of the present-day main characters.
5 Favorite Food: Porridge.
6 Pet: Ralph, Baby Bear's pet parrot.
Extra Details
7 Pronouncesall R's in his speech as W's.
8 Becomes greatly annoyed by Goldilocks' tricks and habits.
9 Wore his Papa Bear's "Nifty Number 9" uniform at a baseball game on SS.
10 Enjoys playing football, with triangles, and pogo stick jumping.
11 Turned himself into a dog to cheer up Telly during the Dog Show, almost ate dog food.
12 Learned how to sing "beebop" at Birdland with coaching from Hoots the Owl.
Note: This episode was sponsored by the letters R and S, and the number 20.
13 Appeared in Elmo's Happy Holidays Around the World video special during Hannukah.

Thijs

Reaction score
Very very thanks Count! You get credits on the site. I put it online tomorrow! Thanks.

Update note: Snuffy's bio added

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Tommy, there a few questions I have about Snuffy's bio.
1 Shouldn't his name be spelled "Aloycious"?
2 If you have him listed as debuting in 1971, then should the "Seasons" field of the bio read 2/3 - Present?
3 With regards to his description, shouldn't you mention that he looks like a brown shaggy elephant but without either the tusks or big floppy ears?
4 He appeared in Follow That Bird! for the "Movies" field and in Please Don't Eat the Pictures for the "TV Specials" field. Other appearances for the "TV Specials" field include his appearance in Sesame Street Stays Up Late where they celebrated New Year's Eve 1994.
5 The L"Lives" field can be filled with the Snuffleupagus Family Cave.
Hope this helps.

Thijs

Reaction score
Good suggestions Count, thanks. But about that name, I have never read the spelling Aloycious, only Aloysius. That's the name they always write on websites (ok, I know how it works, somebody spells it wrong and everybody does the same thing because they think it's true, am I a casualty of that too?). Can you confirm it's Aloycious?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Tommy, you're absolutely correct about Snuffy's first name's spelling. Unfortunately, I got confused with its spelling but confirmed it within my own master listing both posted on the forum and the backup saved on my personal diskette.
However, here are a few good sites that can provide you with further Sesame character names, if not photos as well. The first of these sites was recommended to me by fellow MC member, gymkatarules: www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~csilvers/muppet-characters.html.

www.punchandjewelry.com/legacy/html/mpindex.htm.

Hope this help the cause of the Sesame Encyclopedia, and I'll work on Bert's and Big Bird's bios for later today or tomorrow.

Thijs

Reaction score
Update note: Baby Bear bio added, Snuffy bio updated.