Sesame Street Encyclopedia Update

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count

I've got a few questions about the site:
1 Should Little Jerry be placed in the L's since his name is "Little" Jerry? To that end, shouldn't Mr. Johnson be listed in the M's and Dr. Nobel Price be included in the D's?
2 In the Count's bio, shouldn't it say that he appeared in Elmo's Adventures in Grouchland instead of Grouchand?
3 Shouldn't Cathlene the Cow be listed before any other C Muppets or at least in her proper alphabetic placement?
Thanks for your help and keep the fight going to complete the Encyclopedia!
1 We decided to place the characters on the place of their most important part of their name. His name is Jerry and he is little. His name is Johnson and he is a mister. But Little Bird will be at the 'L', cause Bird is not a name.

2 Yes, it should. I fix it immediatly.

3 Slight mistake. Will be fixed.

Punknpuppets: could you provide us good pictures (big, clearly) of Harvey Kneeslapper, Vincent Twice, and The Spaceship Surprise gang?

About Aristotle, he is lead singer of a band, The Aristotles. You will get to see more characters in the encyclopedia you have never heard of.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Tommy, if you wish me to help contribute constructing the site, I'll gladly do so by providing you my master Muppet listing. You can easily extrapolate all the Sesame characters from the list because they have (SS) after their names. Let me know if you want me to send it to you in a massive E-mail. The reason I say massive is because I've got almost 1100 Muppet characters in all!

Thijs

Reaction score
Hey Count, I have been so free to check your masterlist already:smile:
I filtered out all the SS characters. It's a great list. Must have been a lot of work making it. But aren`t you interested in making bio's?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Do you plan on doing performer bios too? If so, I got a great picture of Oscar and Caroll Spinney.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure I'd be interested in coming up with character bios. The problem is that a great number of the characters are unknowns to me, and if someone were to provide a description of what they look like that would be doubly beneficial for you and for me. I'll let you know when I've come up with a few bios for the characters. Just what are you looking for the bio of the characters to include? Maybe then I could come up with something that fits your requirements, though some of the facts are blanks to me as well. I'll see what my best efforts can produce.

Thijs

Reaction score
The visual part of the description isn`t the problem. That`s my work (although I have visual problems too: colorblind:smile:) The rest of the bio is my work too, but cause I don`t live in the US, I miss alot of stuff (although I have the advantage they show still all the old skits in The Netherlands, and the new ones too).

This is what will be in the desciption

"4 Then the bio's: We try to put everything we now about a character online. Age, Birthday, where it lives, wich seasons it is/was on, wich year(s), it's performer(s), Movie appaerances, TV appearances, TV specials, most famous song, background facts, and of course a description: how does it look like, what is it's personality like, favourite food, best friend, hobby."

And I think you and many other people can help with this. Tell everything you know about a certain character, and I will put it on the site.

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Do you plan on doing performer bios too? If so, I got a great picture of Oscar and Caroll Spinney.
Hmm, we haven`t planned to do that. We don`t make bio`s of the humans (like Mr. Hooper) either. But maybe we will in the future. I will let you know. Thanks Super Scooter.

Pino

Reaction score
Tommy like to msn with me?

Hoi met Warrick ben ik al online, maar wil jij ook msnen?
Groeten van Pino

Thijs

Reaction score
Hey Pino, stick to English. People want to know what you are saying, even if it's meant for me. I send you an email.

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tommie

About Aristotle, he is lead singer of a band, The Aristotles. You will get to see more characters in the encyclopedia you have never heard of.
rectification, I mixed up Aristotle and The Aristocrats.