Sesame Street Fan-Fic: Street Smarts

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I’m Chapter Eight, and I’m Here to State, That the Number of Chapters Totals Eight

Ernie dragged Bert by his wrist, pulling him to Hooper’s Store. "Ernie, what is going on?" Bert asked angrily.

"I’m not sure," Ernie said. "But I overheard Miles rushing his parents over to Hooper’s for something big, so I figured we should go check it out."

"Ugh," Bert groaned. "I don’t know how I keep up with you sometimes, Ernie."

Ernie and Bert arrived at Hooper’s behind a growing crowd of Muppets and humans alike. Ernie tapped Gina on the shoulder. "Um, excuse me Gina, but what’s all the hub-bub about?" Ernie asked.

Gina shrugged with her baby Marco in her arms. "Your guess is as good as anyone else’s. Telly was running up and down the whole street shouting about something big at Hooper’s. So we figured we all should be here."

"Oh, okay," Ernie said. "See Bert, it’s not just me who doesn’t know what’s going on. It’s everyone."

"Yeah," Bert said. "And it looks like everyone is here too."

Kermit stepped out of Hooper’s Store in his newscaster garb, and his mouth instantly fell open. Miles and Gabi rushed over to him. Kermit turned to the couple and began stuttering. "I thought you said you were just telling your parents?" he said, his voice getting higher with his stress level.

"We thought so too," Miles said. "Obviously someone can’t keep a secret." He looked accusingly at Gabi.

"Me?" she asked, offended. "I didn’t tell anyone but my mom and dad!"
"Yeah, well me either!" Miles said.

"And I only told Telly," Kermit said. "Oh, and Alan, to get permission to use the store. I guess Baby Bear and Cookie Monster were in the store at the time. Uh, and Gladys might have been walking outside when I was talking about it."

Gabi and Miles looked at each other, then back at Kermit. The frog shrugged innocently. "Word travels fast on this street."

The crowd chattering around Hooper’s Store confirmed Kermit’s observation. "Well, do you still want to go on with it?" Kermit asked. Miles and Gabi nodded. "Oh good. Now go inside Hooper’s and come out when I give the signal."

"What’s the signal?" Gabi asked.

"Trust me, you can’t miss it." Kermit pushed them off into the store. "Alright Telly, are you ready?" Kermit asked the monster.

Tell walked up next to Kermit. "Yes sir, mister Kermit, sir. But are you sure you want me operating the camera?"

Kermit smirked. "Telly, we’re not really going to be filming," Kermit said. "Just make it look like it."

Telly scratched his head. "Okay..." Telly walked off in front of Kermit, who straightened his hat on top his head.

"Alright, mister director, that’s your cue," Kermit whispered.

Grover ran out in front of Kermit carrying a Styrofoam cup of coffee and a clapboard. On top of the furry, blue monster’s head was a fedora hat. "QUIET ON THE SET!" Grover shouted. The crowd ceased their chatter as Grover continued. "Sesame Street Newsflash sketch! ACTION!" Grover clapped the clapboard and stayed in front of the camera.

Telly began to "film", and Kermit frowned at Grover. "Grover, get out of the shot!" Kermit whispered.

"Oh, right, sorry Froggy baby. I just get so confused about when I am supposed to-"

"Just get off!" Kermit whispered harshly. Grover darted off, splattering coffee everywhere.

"Are we on?" Kermit asked.

"You told me not to record!" Telly said.

Kermit scrunched up his face. "I think I also told you not to tell anyone I told you not to record."

The crowd was utterly baffled. Kermit shook off the confusion and regained his reporter smile. "Hi-ho everyone! Kermit the Frog here, your on the street newscaster here live in front of Hooper’s Store where everyone is waiting for a big announcement to be made. Just what that announcement is, is what I’m here to find out. By asking randomly selected members of our audience, I, Kermit the Frog, will know just what this announcement is."

Kermit reached out into the audience and pulled up Herry Monster. "Hi-ho there sir, would you like to tell us just what this big announcement is?"

Herry scratched his head. "Well, gee, I would if I knew what the announcement was."

"Oh," Kermit said. "Well, I honestly saw that coming, next!" he shouted.

He grabbed Oscar out of the audience and put him on the spot. "Hi-ho sir, do you know what this big announcement is?"

Oscar stared at the frog. "You aren’t serious, are you?"

"Of course I am, sir, this is no laughing matter," Kermit said. He pushed the microphone to Oscar’s mouth.

Oscar pushed it away. "I don’t know what the crummy announcement is. Can I go now?"

"Yup." Kermit pushed Oscar back into the audience. "Alright folks, who’s next? Oh! You there!" Kermit walked out into the audience, Telly followed him with the camera.

Kermit stopped next to Susan and Gordon. "You two, you’ll do." He pushed them up to the "stage", then walked over to Maria and Luis. "Oh, and you two too... tutu?" he asked the camera.

Zoe did a ballet step into the shot. "I’m ready for my close up mister DeVille!"

Kermit frowned. "Yeah, well we’re not," Kermit said. Luis and Maria made their way next to Susan and Gordon.

"Kermit, what is this all about?" Gordon asked.

"Why, the announcement, of course!" Kermit said.

"What about the announcement?" Luis asked.

"What is it?" Kermit asked.

Maria groaned. "We don’t know, Kermit," she said. "Gabi just told us to come down here to hear it."

"Yeah, and Miles told us the same," Susan said.

"Miles and Gabi?" Kermit asked, loudly, waiting. Nothing happened. "Miles and Gabi, you say?" Kermit said louder, still waiting. Kermit grunted. "I think that this is our signal to move on!" he shouted.

"Oh!" Miles and Gabi’s voices said from inside Hooper’s. The two of them came running out in front of the store, standing in between their sets of parents. "Hi Kermit," they both said in unison.

"Hi-ho kids." Kermit smiled. "Now, can you tell us just what this big announcement is?"

Miles and Gabi grinned nervously. Miles bent down to Kermit. "I thought you were going to handle this?" he whispered.

"I’m winging it!" Kermit said apologetically.

"What are we supposed to do?" Miles asked.

Kermit shrugged. "Wing it."

Miles stood back up straight. "Uh, well, mom, pop, you see, Gabi and me..."

"Miles and I, well, we sorta..." Gabi started.

Kermit tapped his foot impatiently. "What they’re trying to say is-"

Elmo popped up next to Kermit. "Miles and Gabi love each other very, very much!" the furry red monster said.

All was silent. Kermit gulped, as did Miles and Gabi, Telly couldn’t keep the camera steady, because he was shaking so much, and Grover spat out his coffee. "Blech! No sugar!" Grover said. "Oh, sorry, go on."

"Mom, pop-" Miles said.

"Mommy, papi-" Gabi said.

"I’m not going with you," they both said. They were getting good at this unison thing.

All four adults stared at their children, dumbfounded. "We... well..." Maria tried to say something. "We knew you two were together, but-"

"You did?" Kermit, Miles, and Gabi all asked at once, in the same tone.

"Well yes, it’s obvious," Susan said. "And we have women’s intuition."
"Hey!" Luis and Gordon said.

"Well, some of us do," Maria said.

"But, not going with us?" Gordon asked. "Where are you going, then?"

"We’re going to start our own lives, pop." Miles put his arm around Gabi, protectively.

"What money do you plan to use for this?" Susan asked.

"We’ve both saved up from working at Hooper’s, Mrs. Robinson," Gabi said, purposely not calling her "Susan".

Maria, Luis, Gordon, and Susan exchanged glances. Elmo waited next to Kermit, and Telly kept the camera on the action at all times. "Well... there’s just one problem," Gordon sighed.

"What’s that, pop?" Miles asked.

"Who’s gonna take the back seat in the Volkswagen?" Gordon smiled.

Cookie Monster popped up. "You in luck Gordon! Me looking for place to move!"

"Oh..." Gordon said. "Good." He forced a smile.

Sesame Street, as a whole, laughed.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<GLOMPAGE!>

The CROWD! The ANNOUNCEMENT! ELMO! KERMIT! MILES! GABI! WOMEN'S INTUITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BACKSEAT OF THE VOLKSWAGON! COOKIE!

MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Fanfare plays for eight vonderful chapters! Oh Prawny... This was just so goooooooood! Please, post more!

Katzi428

Reaction score
YIPPEE!!! That was fantastic,Ry!!:excited:
And I liked that "womens' intuition" thing too.:wink:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I think Lisa's pretty much summed it up. Loved the "woman's intuition". Poor Gordon and Luis!
:smirk:

More please!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Awww, so cute Miles and Gabi being together and so cute that their parents knew! Loved everything about Kermit breaking the news and I especially love Gordon's comment about having the backseat open of the Volkswagon. Of course, I don't like that everyone is leaving but I know there's more story to come so we'll see what happens next I guess. Meaning...MORE PLEASE!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh Baby, Make the Sun Shine For Me, Oh Baby, Chapter Nine is by Me

The excitement ceased after a while, and everyone resumed their packing, and Street residents slowly began to trickle away.

A line of taxi cabs filled the street and everyone was hesitant about getting in any of them, knowing where it would take them away from. Friends, family, their home. Gone, perhaps forever.

The first taxi driver honked the horn. "C’mon, the meter’s runnin’!" he shouted out the window.

A group sigh filled the air as one of them would have to get into that cab. Bob took the first step towards the car and opened the door. He set his suitcase inside, and Telly handed Bob his.

Everyone watching had tears welling up in their eyes. Bob turned around and looked out at his friends. "Well everybody... I... I guess this is-"

"Don’t say goodbye, Bob," Susan said. "It sounds too permanent."

Bob smiled, hugging Susan. "Until we meet again," he said.

Gordon, Luis, Maria, Alan, Gina, Grover, Cookie Monster, and Rosita all shared hugs with Bob. Then it was Big Bird’s turn.

Bob looked up at the six-year old, grinning as always. Big Bird smiled down at Bob as well. "I’ll miss you, Bob," Big Bird said quietly.

"I’ll miss you too, Big Bird," Bob said. "But, like Susan said, this isn’t forever. I’ll come visit you at your Granny Bird’s, I promise."

Big Bird sniffed. "Thanks Bob," he said between tears. "I’m really gonna miss you."

"Me too Big Bird." Bob embraced Big Bird. "Me too."

Big Bird hugged Bob back as more tears filled the eyes of the spectators. "I love you Bob," Big Bird said.

"I love you too Big Bird," Bob said.

Telly, meanwhile, was hugging Elmo, Zoe, Rosita, Prairie Dawn, and everybody. Baby Bear came up to him and smiled. "Well, Telly, I... I guess this is it," Baby Bear said, not making eye contact.

"Yeah," Telly sighed. "I’m gonna miss you pal."

"Me too, Telly, me too," Baby Bear said. He reached out and hugged Telly.

Suddenly, Oscar popped out of his trash can. "Hey! Telly!" Oscar shouted.

Telly looked over at Oscar. "Yeah, Oscar?"

"You’re leavin’?" Oscar asked.

Telly nodded. "Yeah, I am Oscar."

"Oh," Oscar said softly. "Well... well fine! Get lost, Telly! Scram!" Oscar shouted.

Telly smiled. "I’ll miss you too, Oscar."

"Hey, I never said I’d miss you!" Oscar said.

"But I still know you will," Telly replied.

Oscar lowered his eyebrow. "Yeah? So what?"

A light chuckle came from a few of the street dwellers watching. "Bye Oscar," Telly said.

"Yeah, good riddance." Oscar waved Telly into the taxi.

"Bye everybody," Bob said, getting into the taxi behind Telly.

"Bye Bob," everyone said.

As the first taxi pulled away, everyone waved to Bob and Telly, who waved back sadly.

The next taxi pulled up. "That’s one," the Count whispered. "One taxi gone..."

Kermit sighed. "I think this is my ride, everybody," the frog said. He opened up the taxi door and tossed in his suitcase. "Well... I’m sorry that... that my visit wasn’t during better circumstances."

"So are we, Kermit," Susan said. "We’ll miss you."

"I’ll miss you all too, it won’t be the same... not... not having you here." Kermit looked down at the pavement.

"Frog?" Cookie Monster asked. "You got cookies where you going?"

Kermit smiled. "Yes, yes I do."

"Oh, good," Cookie Monster said. "‘Cause me planning on coming to visit. But only if you have cookies."

Kermit smiled. "I look forward to it."

"Thank you Kermit," Big Bird said quietly.

"Bye green frog," Elmo sniffed.

"Yeah," Oscar mumbled.

Grover was kicking around a small pebble on the street with his foot, concentrating on that, and not Kermit, just like every time Kermit left.

"Grover?" Kermit asked the monster.

"Y-Yes, Froggy baby?" Grover asked.

"You can come visit, anytime you want," Kermit said.

Grover looked up. "You mean it?"

"Of course."

Grover rushed over and practically tackled Kermit into a hug. "Oh, thank you Froggy babieeeee!" Grover cried.

Kermit hugged his old friend back. "I tell you that every time I visit," Kermit said.

"I know," Grover said, still hugging. "But it just means so much."

Grover finally let Kermit go, and Kermit finally let Grover go. "Well, everybody, I need to get back for rehearsal."

"Hey, Kermit," Miles said. "Thanks."

Everyone nodded. "That’s the general feeling," Gordon said. "Thank you Kermit, for everything."

"No." Kermit shook his head. "Thank you. All of you, for making this the greatest street in the world."

"We couldn’t have done it without you, frog," Oscar said.

Kermit smiled. "Bye everyone," he said, getting into the taxi.

"Bye Kermit."

The taxi pulled away, and the third one pulled up. "Two, two taxis gone."

Prairie Dawn and her mother took the next taxi, then Rosita and her abuela. Next it was Elmo’s family’s turn to leave.

Elmo hugged everyone, then stopped at Zoe. "Um, Elmo?" Zoe said. "I... I have something for you."

Elmo nodded. "Elmo has something to give Zoe, too."

Zoe pulled out a rock in both her hands, cradling it gently. "Elmo, I- I want you to have Rocko."

"Really?" Elmo asked. "Well, well, Elmo wants Zoe to have Elmo’s blanket." Elmo handed Zoe a blue cotton blanket.

"But- but Elmo," Zoe gasped. "This is your absolute favorite thing in the world."

Elmo shook his head. "No, Sesame Street is Elmo’s absolute favorite thing in the world, and Zoe is too." Elmo smiled.

Zoe took the blanket, and Elmo took the rock. "Bye Zoe," Elmo sniffed.

"Bye Elmo." Zoe waved.

The taxi pulling Elmo and his mother pulled away from Sesame Street.

"Five, five taxis."

Zoe was the next to leave with her family, then Gina and Marco, then Herry and Alan, then the Bear family.

"Nine, nine taxis..."

Ernie and Bert stood at the door of the tenth taxi, staring. "We... we have to get in, Ernie," Bert finally said.

"But I don’t want to, Bert," Ernie said softly.

Bert put his arm on Ernie’s back. "None of us do, Ernie," Bert said. "But we don’t have a choice."

Ernie nodded and squeaked his Rubber Duckie. "Rubber Duckie says he’s gonna miss Sesame Street," Ernie said.

"He’s not the only one," Bert sighed.

The two friends got into the tenth taxi and tried not to look back.

"Well, there’s only one more taxi left," Maria said.

"Is it- is it Grover’s taxi?" Grover asked quietly from his seat on the stoop.
"I’m afraid so Grover," Gordon said.

Grover let out a heavy sigh. "But I do not want to leave..."

"None of us want to leave, Grover," Susan said. "But it’s just something that we have to do."

"But- but I will miss everyone," Grover said. "Big Bird, and Elmo, and you Gordon and Susan and Maria and Luis, and Oscar, and Froggy baby and my mommy!"

"Grover, you can come visit all of us, you know," Susan said.

"Yeah, anytime you want," Luis said.

Grover sniffed. "I know... it’s just... not the same."

"Grover?" Big Bird asked.

"Yes, Big Bird?"

"I’ll miss you," Big Bird said.

"And I will miss you too, Big Bird."

Grover and Big Bird hugged. Then Grover stared down the taxi cab. "You know... I will always think of Sesame Street as our street," Grover said. "No matter what happens to it."

Everyone left on Sesame Street nodded. Including Oscar, who watched from his trash can.

"Long ago, not so very long ago
The world was different, oh yes it was," Grover sang.

"We settled down and we made a street and made it live
And we watched it grow it was our street," Gordon and Susan sang.

"Time goes by, and time brings changes, we change, too
Nothing comes that we can’t handle, so on we go," Maria and Luis sang.

"Never see it coming, when the world caves in on you
On our street, nothing we can do," Oscar sang the surprisingly touchy verse.

"Main street isn’t main street anymore
The lights don’t shine as brightly as the shone before
To tell the truth the lights don’t shine at all
On our street," Big Bird, Oscar, Susan, Gordon, Maria, Luis, The Count, Cookie Monster, Oscar, and Grover sang.

"Sun comes up each morning, just like its always done," Big Bird sang.

"Get up, go to work, start the day
Open up for business that’s never gonna come," Maria sang sadly.

"As the world rolls by a million miles away." Grover sniffed.

"Main street isn’t main street anymore
No one seems to need us like they did before
It’s hard to find a reason left to stay
But it’s our street we love it anyway."

Miles and Gabi stepped out of the apartment holding hands, this time not having to hide anything, but coming in at the wrong time.

"Come what may... to our street." Everyone gulped, holding back what was left of their tears.

"I... I need to go," Grover said quietly. "G- goodbye everybo- everyone."

The tears fell. And the eleventh and final taxi pulled away from Sesame Street.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Weeps.>

That... is all.

No. It isn't.

...Yes. It is.

.....<GROUP HUG FOR ALL READERS!!!!!!! ...AND THE WRITER! AND CHARACTERS!>

More please.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Weeps with Toga. Noooooooo! You can't do this Prawn! Especially after Grover gave Kermit what amounted to your basic glomping. You have to save the street somehow, you can't let this happen! We won't stand for it!
Fozzie: So where do you usually go?
Statler and Waldorf: To the theater, but we can't get away from you there either.

So post more story... And get the family back together again!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Oh Prawnie!:cry: :cry: You can't just leave it this way!!Please (when you get a chance) post more!!