1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Street Season 38 Preview

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

Also, the corporate motto for Chuck E. Cheese is "Where a kid can be a kid." (I don't know if it still is.) However, the commercials for Chuck E. Cheese say "The real cool place to be a kid." Yet the PBS bumpers for Chuck E. Cheese claim it as "PBS Kids, where a kid can be a kid." Google searches come up with more "Where a kid can be a kid" than "Real cool place to be a kid."
  2. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

*nods* The only times Sesame Street ever used the word "fat", was when the lesson theme was NOT health or nutrition. Three more classic examples--
    • Frances the Fairy: "The letter 'F' can go fast [zing!]...or it can be fat [pop!]"
    • Kermit the Frog: "The letter 'B' looks a little like a fat man with his belt too tight."
    • The Country Fiddler [singing about various groups of three animals]: "...and they all lived together on a fat lady's lap. 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3..."
    You and me both; I doubt that's just a coincidence. Even when the Workshop decided to focus on specific themes each season, they never let any one theme dominate Sesame Street so long...until they had to rely on corporate funding. They still taught good health habits reasonably often, but still didn't feel compelled to preach about nutrition or exercise on every episode. I'm praying that some non-food-related sponsor can offer Sesame Workshop as much support as McDonald's does now...so the show can start treating nutrition as a "sometimes theme" again. :)
  3. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when taping started for Season 38? I know it had to have been awhile back.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Don't they start taping in the spring now since the seasons don't make it to air until the fall now?
  5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

You know... Methinks someone here posted that they tape the episodes inJune/July, just one month out of the year. Not sure if the Season 38 episodes are the ones that'll be taped this summer to be aired in August and throughout the year, or if they're taping episodes one year in advance (taping Season 39 this summer while Season 38 airs this fall).
    Hope this helps.
  6. D'Snowth

Are you sure Count? Because I remember reading here that they tape new seasons of Sesame Street for about four months out of the entire year.
  7. The Count

Uh no... Not hexactly sure, like I said, I only remember someone posting that recently here. Unsure as to who the person who posted it was or their veracity/credibility on the matter.

At any rate... Looking forward to whenever the new season starts.
  8. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

It was bear/Bryan who mentioned it. But he was saying that while he was in New York he visited the actual Astoria Kaufman studios and he was in at the front desk who gave him the information that that taping for the show is actually in July I believe it to be.
  9. The Count

Thanks for finding that for us Will.
  10. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

No problem.

I was in Burger King earlier today and this kid kept yelling out that I want king size fries over and over and over. And his mother was like "No! Your not getting any of those. So it's like Sesame Street is reinforcing what parent do naturally by doing their job being a parent by helping their children make wise decisions they might not be capable of making. They do learn young don't they.
  11. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

12. The Count

Thanks Greg. OK, the What's the Word on the Street segment... Snowths will come to hate this one as well when he does his reviews. A's Anatomy, I'm looking forward to, along with should there be another Law & Order: Special Letters Unit sketch. Glad they're moving away from the nutritional push these last two seasons. So looking forward to the NY Jets appearance if for no other reason than to see/hear what ESPN's Michael Greenberg's reaction to their appearance will be the day after.

August 13, 2007 as a start date for Season 38? OK, at least now we now the game plan. Tune in to the first few minutes to see if it's a new episode or a repeat, the first week will probably be all new episodes and then the week after that they'll resort to the usual juggling we've become accustomed to.

Again, thanks for the update and keep that News Flash in tip-top shape with the latest tidbits of Muppet information.
  13. D'Snowth

Hopefully it won't be as annoying as that "you'll never knoooooooooooooooooooooooooow who you'll meet (who you'll meet), you'll never know who you'll meet on Sesame Street!" thing, and if not, maybe I won't hate it; after all, I didn't hate the "stay happy, stay healthy, on Sesame Street!" thing.

Also, how do we know they're not saying what they said last year about saying they're going to concentrate on early literary skills, and then next thing you know they continue to cram all that jazz about "eat healthy, excerize, get active" down our throats again?
  14. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Don't know why they just can't begin the show with the opening intro like in the old days.

Can't see any benifit with this pieces at the beginning of each episode.
  15. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! Wow! John Stewart and Chris Brown! Didn't Ellen already appear on Sesame St. back in the 90's?
  16. The Count

You have a point Snowthmeiser. But all we can do at this point is keep hope for the best. So long as they got rid of the Come and Play segment I'll be happy, unless they replace it with an equally lame annoying segment.
  17. D'Snowth

Hear! Hear!
  18. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Thanks for the info and the heads up Greg!
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I love all these new parody ideas... cept I'm not too crazy about a deal or no deal parody. I love Howie Mandel, but I HATE that show, man!

Anyway, I like the literacy thing. I mean, I'd rather have a planet full of smart fat kids than a planet of healthy idiots (just a joke!)

But about McD's and Chucky Cheese... they're nothing compaired to the Spagettio's ad from way back.. they actually really advertised the product, saying it had as much calcium as a glass of milk! That was brutal...
  20. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, I have to agree. I think that their going in a good direction with the focus being on literacy. I also like the idea of 'the word on the street'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.