Sesame's 35th season kicks off with a prime-time special

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, I noticed that the 123 doors are green, instead of red. So that makes you wonder.

hehehe

Reaction score
Hmm!

Hi! New here, first post. All I wanted to say was, you know when I first heard of this special, before I knew it was going to be Elmo's World, Journey to Ernie popped in my head as the ideal segment for this flashback. I mean, Big Bird and Ernie have been there almost from the beginning, and the kids could've been more involved, helping Big Bird find Ernie around Sesame Street. Just a thought.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the assist Whatever.
1 Ruth? Do you mean that Ruth Buzzi's coming back to the Street for the 35th Season?
Or is this a new character, and if so what's the name of the actress who'll play this character?

ssetta, what do you mean by noticing that the doors of 1-2-3 Sesame Street are green and not red? I remember them as always being a dark greenish color.

Heh-heh, welcome to the world of Muppet Central's forums.
But I think it should be stated that this special isn't going to be Elmo's World at least we all hope it won't be. It's going to be Elmo taking a leisurely hour-long stroll down memory lane as he explores the history of the 35 years of Sesame Street.
Hope this helps and hope to hear from you guys soon.

ssetta

Reaction score
But the doors were changed to red in Season 33. Does this mean they're changing them back???

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i read the link that was posted about the show. i wish the stupid producers decided not to use elmo's worls as the way to stroll down memory lane. this is a show for everyone. not just the kids.

zanimum

Reaction score
Not really... It's on PBS Kids, it's website has a section for parents... It can certainly be viewed by everyone, but its really just a show for kids.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Special on April 4th

Seeing as the special is only an hour long, they probably won't have SEVERAL flashbacks, they'll probably focus more on elmo than going back in time for the "golden oldies", b/c as it says in the article, "We are more focused on the future than in the past."

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am a bit dissappointed that the 35th anniversary special is so,.... lackluster looking. Especially compaired to those on the past. But at least it isn't as uneventful and anticlimactic as the 4000th episode was... El Elefante... big deal.