Sesame's 35th season kicks off with a prime-time special

Dantecat

Reaction score
I think they will show older segments on the 35th season and maybe they might release the classic episodes on DVD.

ssetta

Reaction score
I know! Wouldn't that be wonderful??

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
They did have some kind of Sesame Street documentary a couple of years ago when some of the humans and Caroll Spinney were on the street, out of character, discussing the show with old flashbacks. There were no details about the different Gordons or anything like that though.
Yeah. I remember that. Actually, I remember a scene in that where the early Big Bird was talking to Matt Robinson's Gordon.

Remember, in the sentimental Ernie and Bert sketch, "Things That I Remember", they showed old scenes of Ernie and Bert with different appearances, especially Bert who had a much longer nose in some flashbacks.
Actually, I don't think I've ever seen the show. I just heard the song on Muppet Central Radio. But still, I've seen early pictures of Ernie and Bert. I don't think their change in appearance would have been as noticable as Big Bird's and Oscar's. I don't know. Just thought I'd put in my two cents.

muppetfan620

Reaction score
Does anyone know what channel it will be on? Or will it be on PBS in primetime? :smile:

Millicent

muppet maniac

Reaction score
The prime time special will air on PBS Sunday,April 4 at 8:00pm ET/PT.Sesame Street Season 35 will start the next day(Monday,April 5,check local PBS listings)

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Lol. That would be good, but I would like to see some kind of documentary style program where they really explain that it was three different actors playing Gordon as well as the history of the show, but then again, I guess these are things little kids wouldn't understand. Also keep in mind, that in early sketches they also probably won't show the original dopey Big Bird or the orange Oscar.

By the way, wasn't it 1974 when Roscoe started playing Gordon? :confused:
well this special is for both kids and older kids and adults that grew up on the show so there's no reason why they can't explain that 2 other people played Gordon prior to Roscoe Orman.

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
well this special is for both kids and older kids and adults that grew up on the show so there's no reason why they can't explain that 2 other people played Gordon prior to Roscoe Orman.

Well, it depends on how the special is being done. If it is performed with muppets and humans who are all in character and reminiscing about old times on the street, it wouldn't work to talk about different actors playing the role. But, if the actors and muppeteers are out of character and simply discussing the production of the show, it would be perfectly reasonable to talk about cast changes.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Sesame Street season 35 will kick off with a prime-time special on Sunday April 4. Elmo will relive the past 35 years going back in time to the most historic moments on the street.

There is a ton of other new info including a huge list of celebrities and parodies for season 35.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2004/011304.shtml

Reply and let us know what you think about all the latest news.
i don't know what to say. i get a feeling it's going to be more bad than good. Producer Lewis Burnstein says it's more about the future than the past. what? come on! it should be more about the past! were strolling down memory lane here! it's bad enough SSU and the other CTW shows aren't on Noggin anymore and seeing old clips will probably be a reminder of that. but at least focus on the past. this show is for all those who grew up on SS as well as the young ones. they have every week Mon. Thu Fri. to foucus on the needs of the children. you know, it seems like there's a lot of sgements in our society where nobody cares about the past and the producers of shows like SS are concerned to the point that they can't even do too much reminencing of of the past. 3 years ago after the last Mr. Rogers Neighborhood episode was produced i wote to Family Communications saying they should show the older pre 1979 episodes if not everyday but every now & then. there might be those older people including parentswho grew up on the older shows and would like to see them again and maybe would like for their kids to see what the older ones were like. unfortunatly there response was for many reasons, including technical ones, we've decided not to show program that were made prior to 1979. on a yahoo group i belong to about him somebody sugested that the older shows might have stuff that might confuse kids wich i won't go into examples. and while that's understandable, i'm sure kids can be told by their loved ones and thing were different and it's not all that bad. while i understand from both Mr. Rogers and SS of keeping up with the times, they reject their past too often anfd in the case of SS it seems like a gut rejection especially when they remake older stuff of anykind.