Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

Taco Wiz

Reaction score
This is YEARS overdue! Too bad I missed Grover Day...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I spoke too soon... you actually can see some of the different theme songs from certain co-productions...

http://www.sesameworkshop.org/aroundtheworld

The Japanese one is very interresting. It's basically the 1970's American English Sesame theme song. No kidding. And hearing Cookie say Iditakimasu was hillarious.

ISNorden

Reaction score
If only they'd mentioned some of the older co-productions/adaptations; I'm wondering whether Norway's or Sweden's version had an opening theme of its own! :sing:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I spoke too soon... you actually can see some of the different theme songs from certain co-productions...

http://www.sesameworkshop.org/aroundtheworld

The Japanese one is very interresting. It's basically the 1970's American English Sesame theme song. No kidding. And hearing Cookie say Iditakimasu was hillarious.
Where are the videos for these certain around the world Sesame Street shows?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... ISNorden, the Norwegian version (Sesam Staasjen) does have its own theme song, it aired as part of a MuppetCast feature on that particular co-production.
Also, I got an "Internet cannot find the page" message when I tried clicking on the URL yesterday, so I think I'll wait until the launch date of 8/11/08 to find out what the hubbub's about.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! I'm having trouble getting on thee now too!

Edit: Never mind. It's back up and working again for me!

Edit again, the video section is not coming up.

You can watch them, it's just the the "browse all" section that comes up empty.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Where are the videos for these certain around the world Sesame Street shows?
Oh.. of course... You see that big section with Grover and the globe? The thing that says "welcome to the longest street in the world"?

There's a small tool bar just under it with country names (not the side with the list)... click on any of those, and you'll see the opening theme to the country's co-production.

So far they only have Bangledesh, Germany, Egypt, France, India, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kosovo, Mexico, Palistine, Russia and South Africa.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Hi... ISNorden, the Norwegian version (Sesam Staasjen) does have its own theme song, it aired as part of a MuppetCast feature on that particular co-production..
Is that MuppetCast still available, and would I need a paid subscription/any player other than my PC to access it? Inquiring minds want to know!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heck no. You can easily download MuppetCast episodes via your PC's media player. You'll have to click on the Archives link, go month by month, and root around for the particular episode, but it should be there for downloading.
Hope this helps.