1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Oscarfan, Aug 5, 2008.

1. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

SW has just released Holiday Ecards, Be it for Xmas, Hannukah, Whatever!
  2. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

3. ErnieandTelly

ErnieandTelly New Member

Now It's Exercise Day

Let's gets you body moving
  4. dietrich

dietrich Member

I hope that we see many rare sketches in the near future
  5. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

They finally used one of my favorite characters during Excerise day. :grouchy:
  6. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

The Latest One is "I'm Proud" staring Grover.
  7. dietrich

dietrich Member

Have they updated any rare classic clips lately?
  8. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

It's Word Day with Alistair Cookie!
  9. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

It Amgio Day With Rosita.
  10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It seems like the "days" usually last a week or more. Still, I am really liking the relaunched site. I would still like to have many of these sketches on a DVD someday, and there's a lot that I want to see added.

I noticed in the Mupets section that there's a box linking to search resaults for many characters. Why are the uber-rare Aristotle and Lelsie Mostly listed if the results don't show any videos? And in the on-air section, why is there a section on Bruno if none of his clips are on the site?

But still, this site has a lot of stuff that wasn't on the old site, like Teeny Little Superguy, Don Music, and Roosevelt Franklin.

It's a shame that "Number 1 Day" didn't include Baker Number 1, which still isn't on the site. Disapointingly, while Baker Number 5 is included, the monsters sequence isn't, but interestingly "monsters" is lsited as a tag. I wonder if that's a last-minute edit. I also wonder if maybe that part was cut from later broadcasts (as aparantly noen of us have any 1980s episodes with the sketch).

There are some cool things that took me awhile to figure out. For example, when viewing a clip, there is somethign you can click on, to choose viewing "related clips", "recently added clips", and "most popular clips" The recently added section saves me from having to search to see if the site has added certain things I want to see. Looking at most popular, it seems like the majority of viewers are the shows current target audience, as only one classic clip ("The Golden Apple") is included.

This site has a lot of cool rarities that I didn't know about, like a sketch where Grover and the monotones demonstrate the word walk (though for some reason, the title given is "Q: Quiet"), a sketch with Cookie Monster talking about telephones, Kermit coming across the word telephone, Harvey Kneeslapper singing Tell a Joke (who knew that Harvey had his own number?), and a lot more. The site has uploaded some rarities (and in this case I'm referring to stuff I doubt any of us had copies of) that I have heard of, like Sad, The Trading Game, The U/ V Salesman, and There's a Hole in the Bucket.
  11. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Last week was Around the World Day with Grover. Now it's Amgios Day with Rosita aginn.
  12. minor muppetz

You know, if you do a search for "henson", you can find Jim Henson's film and animation segments. For some reason there is also a Muppet segment on there, but only one Muppet segment. It's listed as "5: Fish and Eels". Jim Henson's voie isn't heard, and the only talking character is performed by Kevin Clash. I wonder if Jim Henson did work on that sketch, either as a performer, behind-the-scenes work, or both. That's pretty weird that the only primarily Muppet sketch listed when searching for "henson" doesn't have any obivous invovlement. Also, one of the tags is "claymation", but I didn't notice any claymation in that sketch.
  13. minor muppetz

Well, today it's Yummy Breakfast day.
  14. minor muppetz

One thing that's interesting is that on the old site, it avoided disambiguating titles, but on the new site, there are titles that appear on multiple clips, with no slight difference in titles. For example, there are three different Newsflash segments involving the three little pigs, which were all on the old site. Those have slightly different titles like "Kermit News: Three Pigs", "News: Three Little Pigs", and "Kermit and the Three Pigs". Of course those could have had better different titles like "News: Count Counts Three Pigs", "News: The New Three Little Pigs Story", and "News: Three Little Pigs Feellings".

But on the new site, for example, there are two news segments involving Sleeping Beauty, both with the same title. Of course, one could have been listed as "Kermit News" and the other "News" (or they could use the "Sesame Street News" title, which seems to be avoided on the site). And it is hard to remember which one is which by searching, as they both have the same set, and even the descriptions aren't much help. Another example is Put Down the Duckie. Both the original celebrity-free version and the secodn version with celebrities are on there, but both clips are listed as Put Down the Duckie (though the celebrity one mentions celebrities in the description).

And it seems like this new site does a better job at including exact titles, as opposed to soemtiems making them different.

And I don't know whetehr Sesame Workshop has to pay residuals or make clearances for the clips, but this site includes 123 Sesame Street, which was cut from Old School Volume 1. If clearances isn't an issue, then I wish that song covers from the first season would be added to the site soon. We not only need classics like Mahna Mahna, but obscure covers like Yellow Submarine and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.
  15. antsamthompson9

It's Yummy Breakfast Day still. But that's all right. I think Zoe is cute.
  16. antsamthompson9

It's Nap Day with Telly! I recommend you see the first video in the playlist. The Nap song is so catchy! I saw it on an episode on Sprout on Demand.
  17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

That is one catchy song. When i first heard it it couldn't resist to make me an mp3 of it. So i did. I haven't listen to it in a while but loved it. Makes me think of the older 50's dowop songs.
  18. spritegage

spritegage New Member

Even though i am too old for it, i still play on SesameStreet.org!
  19. minor muppetz

It is now Guessing Day.
  20. antsamthompson9

Hosted by Abby. Is'nt she cute?