Slackbot draws stuff

Slackbot

Reaction score
Everyone looks cute while playing a slide whistle. Even Wander McMooch would look cute playing a slide whistle. If you don't believe me, tie him up and stick a slide whistle in his mouth.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I've started writing "A Wandering Heart." Here are a few bits of developmental art.

Fraggle Doodle Dump: Cantus: I finally bit the bullet and spent some quality time with my DVDs, a pen & paper, and the pause button. I think I have a better handle on him, though I still am guessing about his lower body.

Fraggle OCs-developmental pics: A quick pic of three of the characters: Adolescent Janken, before he acquires any coolness; Mica, a very close friends of his, and some green chick who may be part Sneetch. Drawn while on Xanax, so I just couldn't get up the energy to to a full shading job. Mainly trying to work out general look and color schemes. Reactions, anyone?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, I like the idea of a Sneetchly Fragglish chick, whether there be a star upon har or it not be thar.

Slackbot

Reaction score
She's a bit tall and shades of green and yellow, and she has kind of a beaklike muzzle, so she reminded me of a Sneetch.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I drawed some more.

Fraggle OCs-developmental pics: Adolescent Janken, Mica, and a character I haven't named yet, all of whom appear in A Wandering Heart. Well, I'm not sure about the green chick, as I haven't decided if her plot point is important or just interesting.

Happy Janken: Lately I've been writing about sadful things that have happened in Jan's early life. However, as an adult he's a happy, upbeat guy. So, here's a pic I drew of the "real" Janken groovin' out to "Move Your Body" by Junior Senior.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Is that meant to be a Kim Possible reference? Wouldn't put it past you since you're one of our TDA authorities here. :coy:
I'm interested in that Sneetchly female. Would be good to read what her origin is if she doesn't get involved in Wandering Heart.

Thanks for posting.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Since I've never watched Kim Possible, I don't even know what the reference could be. Kim Possible was never on TDA, which was a syndicated package that ran from the late '80s to mid-90s.

The Sneetchy female... she's the descendant of a canon character, shouldn't be hard to guess who. She lives in another Fraggle colony, one not too far from Fraggle Rock, but distant enough that the two communities have never met. I kind of want to name her Terps, but that may be too doofy-sounding.

bazingababe24

Reaction score
The Sneetchy female... she's the descendant of a canon character, shouldn't be hard to guess who. She lives in another Fraggle colony, one not too far from Fraggle Rock, but distant enough that the two communities have never met. I kind of want to name her Terps, but that may be too doofy-sounding.
Is it short for "Terpsichore", the Muse of dance?

If she's the descendant of who I think she is, another good name for her would be "Calliope", which means "beautiful voice".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay... Sorry, I sometimes get things mixed up or make people confused when I spot and respond to references.

Junior Senior... Forget it, got this confused with Señor Senior, Jr.
Yes, I know TDA ran from the late 80's to mid 90's... What I meant is that since you're one of the people with infinite wisdom on that because of your fansite affiliations, I kinda thought you'd also be well versed on the newer animated series that ran on the channel once known as Toon Disney which did air Bonkers and mostly Aladdin and Gargoyles. Pity that said channel has been turned into the Disney XD dump.
Terps, as in "Terpsichore" like the muse of dance who was voiced by Cree Summers and appeared on Disney's Hercules series? The could work, unless you find something that suits better.

Slackbot

Reaction score
bazingababe24: Yep, I was thinking of Terpsichore, the Greek muse of choral song and dance. The full name is a little too much for one little Fraggle to carry. And you've hit her on the nose - ow! - as far as theme is concerned. However, Calliope is the muse of epic poetry, and also is a specific musical instrument associated with merry-go-rounds. Dunno if I want to inflict that on her. I like the sound of Clio, but she's the muse of history. Hmm, maybe that's the Storyteller's original name? :wink:

The Count: I watched the broadcast shows, but not the cable channels, as those were premium and I wasn't willing to pay for 'em. It's sad what's happened to betworks once devoted to cartoons. Who remembers the ad that used to run on Cartoon Network that listed a bunch of random times, and said that whenever you tuned in you'd see cartoons, because that's all they played, "forever and ever until the end of time!"? So much for that. :stick_out_tongue: