Slackbot draws stuff

Slackbot

Reaction score
Nobody has any more clue than I do about that Wembley face, eh? Oh well, it was worth a try.

Wanna Sock in the Nose? Gobo's not talking about laundry. Another pic for fic-in-progress "The Mamas and The Papas." Gobo and Red are under the impression that Boober has been playing hooky instead of carrying out a particularly important duty. Wembley urges them to give him a chance to speak his piece before they clobber the little dimp.

This pic is #1 in the "Dumb hats for Gobo" campaign: a sporty fez made out of a plastic cup.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Wow! Gobo looks menacing in that picture. That's rather disconcerting. But I like the emotions portrayed on everyone.
As for the face that Wembley makes, I always thought he made it as a reactionary face. I'm trying to remember in exactly which situations he uses it but it kinda reminds of the face that Kermit makes when he pulls his upper lip back. With both characters it seems as if it's not one particular emotion but more of a face they make when they first react to a situation and have that brief moment (and I mean it could be really brief to like 30 seconds brief) where they puzzle it out before coming to a more substaintial conclusion about the situation.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I thought Red looked a little worse than Gobo, pushing up her sleeve as if she's about to unscrew the lid off a fresh jar of whoopASCII. But, yeah, he does look pretty mean. He does have reason to be very, very ticked at Boober, or at least he thinks he does.

Your explanation of Wembley's face actually makes more sense than anything I've been able to come up with. A face he makes before deciding how to react? A wembling face, heh. I'll buy that for a dollar.

I copied that face from a paused video of A Tune for Two. (See 1:00 to 1:10 over here.) Boober had just refused to sing with Wembley and then turned right around and agreed to sing with Tosh. Wembley made and held that face at Boober, and I had no idea what that was. A scowl, bitterness, disbelief, what? I kept thinking it was the puppeteer making a fist, hence the title.

ilovemusic

Reaction score
Nobody has any more clue than I do about that Wembley face, eh? Oh well, it was worth a try.

Wanna Sock in the Nose? Gobo's not talking about laundry. Another pic for fic-in-progress "The Mamas and The Papas." Gobo and Red are under the impression that Boober has been playing hooky instead of carrying out a particularly important duty. Wembley urges them to give him a chance to speak his piece before they clobber the little dimp.

This pic is #1 in the "Dumb hats for Gobo" campaign: a sporty fez made out of a plastic cup.
Soo genious! :big_grin: I love fezzes (? what's the plural of fez?)

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I copied that face from a paused video of A Tune for Two. (See 1:00 to 1:10 over here.) Boober had just refused to sing with Wembley and then turned right around and agreed to sing with Tosh. Wembley made and held that face at Boober, and I had no idea what that was. A scowl, bitterness, disbelief, what? I kept thinking it was the puppeteer making a fist, hence the title.
Funny enough, that's the exact shot I thought of when you first mentioned it. He makes that face numerous times in the series, but I think that may be my favorite instance of it.

I'll do some careful re-watching and see what I can come up with, but for now my answer is that it's kind of like that sound he makes--distinctly Wembley, but hard to describe or give an exact reason for. Sometimes that sound is part of how he sings ("Boss of Yourself" in "The Gorg Who Would Be King"), sometimes it's more like he's providing his own sound effects as he moves (like wiggling his way through the hole to look out at Doc's empty workshop in "Change of Address"), and sometimes he uses it like some sort of punctuation (like after Mokey/Blundig delivers the words of the theme song in "Mokey, Then and Now"). The face can sort of be the same way--it can be disgust, annoyance, a replacement for the word "um..." and who knows what else. And as for what to call it... um... Hmm... The Wembley Face? :coy:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
*in Aussie Accent(No offense to any Aussies)*

Look out mate! When the rare pink-tailed Fraggle bares it's teeth it means it's ready to attack and you'd best be getting out of its attack range

Sorry, I just thought of that in reference to the picture today, couldn't resist.

Slackbot

Reaction score
ilovemusic: I think the plural of fez is fezzes. I want one myself, complete with tassel. Tassels add fizzazz!

TogetherAgain: Heh, I guess all one can really say is that that strange face is just another one of Wembley's little quirks. When I first watched FR, I found his buzzing grunt kind of annoying, but as time went on it became cute. I think of it as an expression of his natural exuberance. I can think of a few times it's made me laugh, like the time he used it as a sound effect while impersonating a ball of lint in The Perfect Blue Rolllie. I'd love to incorporate it into fics, but I just don't see how to put it in text and have it come across decently. (It was left out of the animated series, but then, so were a lot of things, sigh...)

Anyway, I've posted the first chapter of a new fic, which includes the main sequence in which Wembley's rubber face is a plot point.

RedPiggy: Gawrsh, thanks! It's a pleasure to be nominated, especially considering some of the other nominees. I mean, wow.

Gonzo's Hobbit: One might think that herbivore teeth aren't so dangerous, but anyone who's been bitten by a horse will know differently.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Fraggly Doodly Dump: Another bunch of thumbnails, some for stories I've written, am currently writing, or plan to write. This one has gotten some interesting comments, and none on the subjects that I thought people would pick up on. This is not unusual. Dumb-hat-for-Gobo alert #2: Mouseketeer beanie. I don't have the heart to tell him how very inappropriate that is.

Wembley Trippin': A quick, silly followup to Fraggles 'n' Smurfs in Oz. A true friend is someone who will sit on you to keep you out of trouble until your brain comes back from the clouds, and won't repeat any of the weirdness you babbled. Dumb-hat-for-Gobo alert #3: a Smurf hat.