1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Songs You Can't Stand

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Nov 30, 2011.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Same with mine.

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

You know a song I find to be super annoying?

THAT'S NOT MY NAME.

THAT'S NOT MY NAME.

THAT'S NOT MY NAME.

THAT'S NOT MY NAME.

Oh my GOD that song is cancer.

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

"Love So Soft."

Granted, I don't hate it, it's just a really dumb song. It doesn't even sound like a song half the time, it sounds like tribal chanting accented with hiccups.

4. mariolover

mariolover Well-Known Member

I actually love the songs "Barbie Girl", and "Party In The U.S.A", "What Makes You Beautiful", and "We Are Never Getting Back Together". I am a fan of Miley Cyrus, One Direction, and Taylor Swift. I haven't really listened to any of the other Aqua songs, because Barbie Girl is really their most popular and mainstream song but I love Barbie Girl.

5. mariolover

I also like All About That Bass, which is a song a lot of people hate.

6. mariolover

As for songs I hate, I hate "Baby" by Justin Bieber. OMG that song is so annoying!

7. mariolover

I used to like Gangnam Style, but it got old and repetitive the more I listened to it.

8. mariolover

I also hate "Me Too" by Megan Trainor. I think it's annoying, despite the fact that I like her other song that I mentioned.

9. MikaelaMuppet

I don't like Meghan Trainor's music also. Same with Justin Bieber's recent material.

10. mariolover

I respect your opinion for you hating them though

11. MikaelaMuppet

Me? Oh, I like the other songs you mentioned, but just don't like Meghan's music and Justin Bieber's recent stuff.

12. mariolover

Not you, D'Snowth mentioned he hated those songs so I was talking to him.

13. mariolover

I find that song annoying too.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  14. MikaelaMuppet

Sorry. :o

15. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

That's funny, because it's actually the other way around for me. I hate his older songs, but I think some of his newer songs are kinda sorta alright. But not good.

16. MikaelaMuppet

One song by him that I cannot stand at all is Love Yourself.

17. D'Snowth

Watch this video, it actually goes into the science of why most of today's modern pop music sucks:

What floors me is that a vast majority of the junk we hear today is actually written by just two guys . . . part of me finds that impressive the any one individual person can continually come up with stuff like that, especially when it comes to music (writing lyrics is hard), but another part of me understands now why most music sounds the same today (not to mention repetitive lyrics).

18. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

Yeah I already saw that. Good vid.

Though when you say writing songs is hard, it all depends on your influence. I’m writing an album that details the rise and fall of Adolf Hitler and I’ve written 17 different songs over the past two days alone.

19. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

'Hello' by Adele is one of the worst songs I've ever heard; I'm actually quite indifferent to most of the song, but the way she sings "Hello from the other sssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddeeeeeeeee" is absolutely unbearable; some guy I worked with joked it sounds like something you would attach to an ambulance.

And then there's stuff like Katy Perry doing "wha oh wha oh wah, whoa ah oh wah oh wah oh" before the chorus in California Girls.

We've come a long way from Rainbow Connection being in the top 25; it's good to know the majority of the population have become feckless idiots in the process.

There are no words in the English language to describe the disgrace to humanity modern country is either.

LittleJerry92 and Froggy Fool like this.
  20. D'Snowth

"Send My Love (To Your New Lover)" is perhaps Adele's most overplayed song on the radio . . . so much so, you'd assume it's her only song.

Similarly, Lorde finally has other songs, but still, "Royals" is the only song of hers you ever hear.

But, of course, as soon as Taylor $#!+ comes out with something new, it's quick to be catapaulted at us.