SST 40th Anniversary Event

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Haralde, we're in seats 142 and 143.
Melissa, is it possible for you to give me the phone number to the hotel, or a link to the page?
Just type it in on Expedia.com it'll come up right away! Or google the Residence Inn in Wayne, NJ

MelissaY1

Reaction score
i'm pretty new here, so i don't know you guys online as well as you all do, but i want to meet everyone, too! it would be nice to talk to people in person about muppets for a change--none of my real world friends or family are muppet fans. i'm probably going with my cousin, so most of my day will probably be more of a girls' night out than a muppet pilgrimage...what about everyone else? are you going with other die-hard fans, or with people who just like you enough to condone your crazy obsessions?
Yep, I'm the latter. I'm going with my boyfriend who is awesome and loves me enough to drive me to Jersey to see this!:smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I'm wondering how much socializing is going to be going on after the seminar? I was just thinking it's gonna be great to see everyone but how much time are we all going to really get to talk? Especially if there's the signing afterwards with the author and the guests everyone's gonna be kind of busy. I'm coming in from NYC after a full day of work so probably we're gonna head back to the hotel and grab dinner as soon as possible. Hope to say "Hi" to everyone though

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Are there any good restaurants near WPU? Maybe we should all do dinner before the event!

Edit: I just looked online and found a Friday's in Wanye, NJ (don't ask why Friday's, it's a tradition of sorts at my school to go to Friday's after huge events). Maybe someone should make reservations so we can all do dinner with each other and goof off before the big night! :wisdom:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Cool! That's exactly what I was thinking, a meetup in a restaurant before the event! We booked our room, so we were planning on getting there in the afternoon, checking in, and then going to dinner some place. It would be nice if we could arange something!
:smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Are there any good restaurants near WPU? Maybe we should all do dinner before the event!

Edit: I just looked online and found a Friday's in Wanye, NJ (don't ask why Friday's, it's a tradition of sorts at my school to go to Friday's after huge events). Maybe someone should make reservations so we can all do dinner with each other and goof off before the big night! :wisdom:
Unfortunately not gonna have time to make dinner I dont' think. We're gonna be coming straight from work in NYC and just want to get down to the college. If anything we're gonna check in our hotel first and drop off our stuff before heading out and eat later on.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I'm at the La Quinta in Wayne. I really hope a group of us can get together during or after the event! My schedule is pretty tight unfortunately. I'm landing in Newark Friday morning, driving to the University for the afternoon session (mainly intended for educators), then the evening's main event. I take off from Newark back to Columbus Saturday afternoon, so there's time for a breakfast meetup too if people are interested in that!

CoOKiE

Reaction score
ok so i'm stupid. I just found out that New Jersey... is almost 4 hrs away (from Rhode Island)... DRIVING. So its alot cheaper then i thought.

But what happens at a seminar? And how long is it?

Also i'd lie to ask... are any of you bringing a video camera?

Neil565

Reaction score
I've been told that somewhere on the ticket, or the ticket mailer it states no video cameras allowed, but just in case, I'm bringing mine anyway. I'm really hopeful I can get Kevin Clash to record a Radio drop for a media acquaintance :smile:..