SST 40th Anniversary Event

momofdreamer

Reaction score
I must have missed the meet the guest. It is too much too but I was willing to do it, since I was going to come from so far was going to make the trip worth while.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well it does sound like there might be a book signing after the event, so that's a possibility. And at least he'll get to see them at all, that's a rare opportunity in itself. :smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Well it does sound like there might be a book signing after the event, so that's a possibility. And at least he'll get to see them at all, that's a rare opportunity in itself. :smile:
Exactly. Will I be disappointed if there's no signing afterwards and/or meet and greet? Absolutely but just to see them onstage (especially Frank Oz who rarely does stuff like this) and hear them share their stories, etc. will be phenomenal. If this is anything like the event they had in Huntington, NY a couple of years back, it'll be well worth it either way.

Neil565

Reaction score
Glad to hear it. I am looking forward to going. Until I see them setting up to sign, I'll be holding my breath as I'd love to meet Oz especially, but everyone in one place is such a cool thing.

BTW, Davis on NPR Radio today:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://wamu.org/programs/dr/09/01/06.php#23623
[/FONT]
Cut and paste and Enjoy!

It was good on the authors part, but I was afraid the host was going to pass during the interview she sounded so old. She didn't get more than one word out every 10 seconds and it made it very tough to listen too

CoOKiE

Reaction score
i just moved... so moneys really short on me... i'd love to go but i'd have to go for the day n take a plane... really sucks that i'll miss this once in a life time event :frown:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
i just moved... so moneys really short on me... i'd love to go but i'd have to go for the day n take a plane... really sucks that i'll miss this once in a life time event :frown:

Amen to that my friend, If I wasn't so busy with both work and School I would have loved to go too.

Either way, someone please ask if there is a 40th anniversary special coming on TV this year and if Abby Cadabby is going to be meeting up with other old SS characters like Ernie and Bert ?

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
My mom and I are really excited about this! Don't know where we're seated though; will check the tickets later. And oh yes, I'm counting on meeting at least some of you there! Erin, weren't you and Steve trying to work something out? Also, is your brother coming? If so, that makes the count of confirmed people and their families at least 21. Lol, I thought I was the only person counting names!
:smile:
:batty:

See you there!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Well, Steve said he wanted some of the people who were going to e-mail him, and probably set up a time to meet before the event.

And yes, my brother's coming, so that's four in my group. And like I said, we're in row K.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll do that then. Oh well, we're not too far away from each other. We're in orchestra row J.
Melissa, what's the name of the hotel you're staying at, where is it, and approximately how expensive is it? Thanks.
:smile: