SST Fan Fic - A Hollywood Adventure

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Here's another short chapter. I don't want to neglect the story for too long! Anyway, it's going to get more exciting very soon, so stay tuned!

Chapter Six:

Grover finally collapsed into his bed. But, as tired as he was, he couldn’t sleep. He couldn’t stop thinking about the fight between Jake and Mindy. He trusted Jake; he thought he was a good guy. But he also trusted Mindy, she had been really helpful.

He was beginning to worry he was making a big mistake. But then he thought about the fun he had on the Ellen show and how excited he was to see his show for the first time. He chalked it up to just being show business and managed to fall asleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

David gathered together as many residents of Sesame Street as he could to meet with Kermit.

“Kermit! It’s so good to see you!” said Prairie Dawn going in for a hug.

“I wish I could say the same,” said Kermit angrily. It was unusual for the amphibian to become so grouchy, but he was getting increasingly frustrated with the situation.

“Um, ok,” said Prairie feeling a little confused.

Others greeted Kermit and were given similar responses. Finally David began to talk.

“Well guys, I’ve asked you all to come here because Kermit has something to say, so I’ll let him have the floor,” said David.

“Thanks David. All right, what is going on with this whole Grover situation?” asked Kermit.

“Oh that’s easy Kermit! Grover went to Hollywood to be a big star! He was discovered right here in Prairie’s play!” exclaimed Big Bird.

“I see. But, why did you all just let him leave? He belongs here with all of you!” exclaimed Kermit.

“Kermit, this is a good opportunity for Grover, so we encouraged him to pursue it,” said Susan gently.

“No! He has no business being in Hollywood! He has no idea what he’s doing! It’s dangerous out there!” yelled Kermit.

Everyone was shocked by his outburst. Something wasn’t right with him. There was something Kermit wasn’t telling them.

“Kermit, how is this any different than when you left us to go to Hollywood?” asked Gordon breaking the awkward silence that followed the outburst.

“This is different because I learned the truth about Hollywood. Look, there’s something you guys should know,” said Kermit.

“Kermit, I know you mean well, but really we’re all very happy for Grover. I talked to him just the other day and he sounds fine. He’s got an assistant and an agent and everything is going really well,” said David interrupting Kermit a little bit.

“Yeah Kermit, Grover was on the Ellen show and he was really awesome!” said Ernie.

“Well, I saw him on the show, so that's how I know he went out there and I’m trying to tell you guys that it’s not a good idea,” said Kermit.

“Kermit, I’m sure Grover will appreciate your concern, but trust me, I think he’s doing just fine,” said Bob.

“It was nice of you to come all this way,” said David.

“All right, well I guess if you guys are sure,” said Kermit.

“Hey Kermit, why don’t you stay to watch the premiere of the show with us on Monday?” asked Maria.

“Sure, I can be away from the theater for a couple of days,” said Kermit a little hesitantly.

“You can stay with us Kermit,” said Bert.

“It will be fun!” said Ernie.

“All right. Sorry I gathered you all together just to yell at you,” said Kermit.

They all told him it was ok and began to disperse. What they didn’t know is that there was something Kermit wasn’t telling them. And he was still deeply worried about Grover.

Hopefully things would turn out all right for Grover. For now, Kermit followed Bert and Ernie and decided to relax and enjoy his time on Sesame Street.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Grover awoke the next day to his phone ringing.

“Hello?” said Grover.

“Grover! You’re a half hour late to the studios! Where are you? The driver’s been ringing the doorbell for an hour!” exclaimed Jake.

“Oh my gosh! I’m on my way! I must have overslept! I am so sorry!” exclaimed Grover.

“Well you’d better get down here! We’ve got publicity shoots! The show premieres tomorrow!” said Jake angrily.

“Ok! I get it, I’m on my way!” said Grover. He didn’t stop to eat or shower or anything, he just ran down the stairs and out the door where the driver was waiting for him.

“Hello Mr. Oz, you’ll have to drive quickly!” exclaimed Grover.

“No problem sir, anything you need,” said the driver. He closed the door behind Grover and sped off to the studios.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Mr. Oz! How perfect! And Kermit was great!

I really love this Beth! :smile:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, Beth, I am SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO sorry I missed this!!! I can't believe I haven't even been on here since three days ago.... <shiver> Anyways, Oh my gosh by gosh and golly good graciousness I don't know where to start! Mr. Oz! How awesome is that!!!!!!! And I, I just gotta hug Kermit he's so worried and WHAT IS HE NOT TELLING THEM???? Oyyyyyyyyyy I feel guilty begging for more when I didn't even read it for days, but- MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH! And Grover being so worried about the fight between Jake and Mindy, it's just so......... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SOMEBODY GIVE THAT MONSTER A HUG!!!!!!!!!!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I am always making excuses! I don't know how much I'm going to get to this story this week just because my life has really gotten crazy and then the holidays will be here. I have every intention of continuing this story though so keep watching, I promise to update when I can.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
<BUMP> :smile:

Just reminding you it's here Beth. Hope you can update it when you can! Merry Chrsitmas!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I second the bump, and the Merry Christmas, and the post when you can! ....I coulda just said "ditto".... <shrug>

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh you guys are so sweet! I haven't forgotten about it and since I'll be off from work for like the next week I'm pretty sure I"ll get an update in soon!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Don't get too excited, it's not an update...YET...

I just decided to give this a little bump because I have very big plans of working on it this week and getting updated. I have an idea for another story that I'm dying to get started on, but I promised myself I would finish this one first. So, I just wanted to let everyone know, it's not been forgotten and you can expect an update in the next day or so!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
As promised, here is a long overdue update! It's not a long chapter, but here it is!

Chapter Seven:

The limo made it to the studios in record time. Grover hurried inside.

Jake met him at the door.

“Jake, I am so sorry I am so late, I overslept,” Grover began to apologize.

“I don’t have time to hear your excuses, we have publicity shots to do right now!” exclaimed Jake a little angrily.

“Ok, ok, I understand. Where is Mindy?” asked Grover.

“I told her not to come in today. You won’t need her today,” said Jake.

“Oh, ok,” said Grover.

“You’ll see her tomorrow at the premiere party,” said Jake.

As Jake rushed him over to makeup, Grover began to wonder if he had made a mistake.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Back on Sesame Street Kermit woke up early. He couldn’t sleep; he was so worried about Grover. He decided to call the theater and let everyone know he’d be staying an extra day.

“Muppet Theater, Scooter speaking!” answered Scooter.

“Hi Scooter, its Kermit,” said Kermit.

“Hey boss! How’s it going? Did you find out what’s going on?” asked Scooter.

“Yeah, but I’m still not happy about it. Is Rowlf around?” said Kermit.

“Yep, I’ll go get him for you,” said Scooter. Kermit wanted to check up on Robin, but he really wanted his oldest friend’s advice.

“Kermit?” asked Rowlf getting on the phone.

“Hi Rowlf. How’s Robin? Did he give you any trouble last night?” asked Kermit.

“Robin’s fine. We played checkers for awhile and he went to bed right on time,” said Rowlf.

“So that really means that you stayed up way too late playing music together and he’s still not out of bed yet?” asked Kermit knowingly.

“Well, what can I say? He loves to jam on that harmonica you gave him,” said Rowlf.

“That’s ok, it’s a weekend, he can have a little fun,” said Kermit.

“So what else is up Kermit? You don’t sound like yourself,” asked Rowlf.

“It’s this thing with Grover. I guess a producer saw him in one of the little plays that they perform every now and then here and he enticed him to go to Hollywood,” said Kermit.

“Oh, well maybe that’s a good thing for Grover,” said Rowlf.

“Well, it would be, but I think it’s that producer,” said Kermit placing emphasis on the word that.

“Oh, I get it. Gee, that wouldn’t be good Kermit, what are you going to do?” asked Rowlf.

“Well, no one here seems to know what this guy’s name was, but I just have this gut feeling it’s him or someone who works for him,” said Kermit.

“Kermit, do you want one of us to come down to Sesame Street?” asked Rowlf.

“No, I don’t think so. But if it turns out to be what I think, I’m going to go out to Hollywood,” said Kermit.

“All right, well keep us posted. Maybe it’s a different producer,” said Rowlf.

“I hope so. I’m going to find out. Anyway, I think Ernie’s up so I’m going to go. Give Robin a hug and tell him I’ll call later,” said Kermit.

“Will do! Talk to you soon,” said Rowlf.

Kermit hung up the phone.

“Good morning Kermit! Who were you talking to?” asked Ernie.

“Oh, just Rowlf,” said Kermit.

“The piano playing dog! He’s so cool!” said Ernie.

“Yes, that’s the one,” said Kermit.

“So, are you going to play with us today Kermit?” asked Ernie.

“Yeah, I can play with you guys. I miss you guys when I’m not here,” said Kermit. For now he decided to not worry too much about Grover. He also vowed to visit Sesame Street more often once he figured everything out.

“I can’t wait to see Grover’s show tomorrow!” exclaimed Ernie.

“Yeah, me too,” said Kermit a little less enthusiastically.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Ok Grover, now we’re going to have you in take off position for the next picture,” said the photographer.

He had been taking pictures of Grover for four hours and Grover was getting tired.

“Ok,” said Grover quietly. He was still feeling a little down because Mindy wasn’t there.

“All right, I’ll take the picture on three,” said the photographer.

Suddenly Grover heard someone whisper “Hey Grover!” off on the side. After the photographer snapped the photo Grover looked over. Mindy was there!

“All right, that’s a wrap!” said the photographer.

“Ok, let’s take five,” said Jake.

“Thank you!” exclaimed Grover.

“Yeah, yeah, just don’t take off your costume, we’re not done yet,” said Jake.
Grover didn’t care, he ran over to where Mindy was standing.

“Hi Mindy!” whispered Grover.

“Hi Grover, I know I’m not supposed to be here today, but I thought you could use a friend and this,” said Mindy taking a small package out of her bag. In it were a dozen chocolate chip cookies.

“Cookies! Oh, it is a very good thing a friend of mine is not here right now!” exclaimed Grover.

“Have a couple and then hide them in your dressing room, hopefully they’ll keep you going today,” said Mindy.

“Thank you so much. You are a very good friend,” said Grover giving Mindy a hug.

“Hang in there, I’ll be back tomorrow and we get to see the show for the first time! Won’t that be exciting?” said Mindy.

“Yeah, it will be,” said Grover.

“Everyone back on set!” yelled Jake.

“You’d better go I’ll see you tomorrow!” said Mindy.

“Ok Mindy! Thanks again,” said Grover and hurried back to the set. He had a new burst of energy.

“All right, the rest of the day looks like this, tape another show and tape all the promos that will air on TV. for the show. We’re going to be working late people,” said Jake.

Grover sighed. He remembered what Mindy said.

“Well, at least I get to see the show for the first time tomorrow,” he thought and then got back to work.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Yaaaaaaaay! An update!! :excited: And a good one at that!! I won't point out the reference, I'll let Lisa get it :wink: and I'm sure she'll love it! Great chapter Beth! Can't wait for more! :big_grin: