Super Bowl XLI

Teheheman

Reaction score
But you just said that there was barbed wire around the stadiums, so me saying that there was barbed wire around the stadiums WAS true. I can prove that there have been flares taken into stadiums, and people have been injured. Not just in soccer stadiums, but there was an incident somewhere not that long ago, where people did it in a basketball stadium. Yeah, we have had our problems in the US, but we never brought flares, and stuff like that into the stands. We aren't drunk enough for things like that at the time.

Daniel

Super Scooter

Reaction score
... :confused:

Somewhere, I missed something in this thread. That's okay, though. I don't mind.

Super Bowl Predictions: Sabres: 1,000,000,000! Lakers: 2

messyplace

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
But you just said that there was barbed wire around the stadiums, so me saying that there was barbed wire around the stadiums WAS true.
In the past, not in the present so it has no relevance to your point. It doesn't show that American fans are more civilized.

Teheheman said:
I can prove that there have been flares taken into stadiums, and people have been injured. Not just in soccer stadiums, but there was an incident somewhere not that long ago, where people did it in a basketball stadium.
Okay, if you can prove it, do so. Then I can see where you're coming from.
Teheheman said:
Yeah, we have had our problems in the US, but we never brought flares, and stuff like that into the stands. We aren't drunk enough for things like that at the time.

Daniel
You now assume these people are drunk? Why must they be drunk? If anyone is throwing flares at people they're just idiots...hooligans. Otherwise they just take them to create an atmosphere..and again, never inside English football stadiums. It's just not allowed. If anyone does it, they'd be thrown out.

There may not be flares brought into your stadiums no..but I have read in certain games(can't remember which of the sports) there have been fights which lead to deaths..

Even when I was in America a couple of years back, there was a shooting after a college match of some sort....i think i'd rather be in a stadium with people with flares than with guns.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
Dang, that's one lop-sided score

Daniel
Not only lop-sided, but confussled all to heck!

I would pay good money to see the Sabres take on the Lakers. :smile: Would they play hockey on the basketball court, or basketball on the hockey rink? I'm going for basketball on the hockey rink, cuz it'd be just too darn funny!

Teheheman

Reaction score
First off, I would like to point out, that if you have to put it up in the first place is too much. You'll never see that outside Soldier Field, or Yankee Stadium. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200863,00.htmlI never said that they were drunk, I'm just saying that most people that do that stupid stuff have had a few too many and have impared their judgement. But, of course, the incident that you are talking about was outside the stadium, not inside. I know that the one that I just posted was outside also, but the fact that English fans are violent means that you saying they are more civilized is kinda silly

http://media.www.thesandspur.org/media/storage/paper623/news/2005/04/22/Sports/Soccer.Match.Stopped.After.Fans.Throw.Flares-931890.shtml?sourcedomain=www.thesandspur.org&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com&sourcedomain=www.thesandspur.org&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com
http://www.wnbc.com/news/10474172/detail.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism#United_Kingdom
I know that the first 2 aren't the UK, but it proves my point on soccer violence overseas. They take soccer WAY too seriously. That's just my opinion

Daniel

Teheheman

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Not only lop-sided, but confussled all to heck!

I would pay good money to see the Sabres take on the Lakers. :smile: Would they play hockey on the basketball court, or basketball on the hockey rink? I'm going for basketball on the hockey rink, cuz it'd be just too darn funny!
That would be interesting. Though, I see that as a good possibility though if they play hockey.

Daniel

messyplace

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
First off, I would like to point out, that if you have to put it up in the first place is too much. You'll never see that outside Soldier Field, or Yankee Stadium. I never said that they were drunk, I'm just saying that most people that do that stupid stuff have had a few too many and have impared their judgement. But, of course, the incident that you are talking about was outside the stadium, not inside. I know that the one that I just posted was outside also, but the fact that English fans are violent means that you saying they are more civilized is kinda silly

http://www.wnbc.com/news/10474172/detail.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism#United_Kingdom
I know that the first 2 aren't the UK, but it proves my point on soccer violence overseas. They take soccer WAY too seriously. That's just my opinion

Daniel
"if you have to put it up in the first place it's too much"
No, it isnt, its simply a precaution. You don't seem to know what you're talking about.

So you have no proof of flares in English stadiums?..you said you had proof though? where is it?
Instead you show me a riot in Serbia in basketball? and a match in Italy where I have already stated a number of times it is legal for fans to take flares in and it's their tradition...doesn't happen here.

I never said English fans are more civilized, don't randomly make things up to suit your argument. All ive said is, American fans are not more civilized than anyone elses.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Could we please get this thread back on topic instead of an argument whether soccer or football fans are more violent?

At first I was leaning towards Indianapolis winning easily (by 14+ points) but now I'm thinking the Bears may pull this off. The deciding factor (as in most football games) will be the QBs. Grossman has looked horrible in some games this year. If Lovie Smith can come up with a game plan like the NFC championship game and limit Grossman's chances to make mistakes the Bears could win this. Indianapolis has the far superior QB but Manning has a long history of not playing well in big games, and they don't get any bigger. That should give da Bears a chance. I'll go with a final score of:

Bears 21 Colts 23
Vinatieri with another late game-winning feildgoal

P.S. As a lifelong Packer fan it is impossible to pick the Bears in any game. It just isn't acceptable.

messyplace

Reaction score
MuppetsRule said:
Could we please get this thread back on topic instead of an argument whether soccer or football fans are more violent?
As long as someone apologises for suggesting he is more civilized than me.