The 5ive Present: The Muppet's vs. Las Vegas

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<runs in, very much out of breath>

....ok.....I... read.... up to.... um.... Jerry Stinger? Yeah, Jerry Stinger, with Beaker meep meep and... I love what I've read, love every inch of what I've read, and I can't wait to read more, and I would read more, except... it's late, and I have to teach tomorrow morning... and I have my own stuff to write, so... But Beau, I wanted to tell you, I have FINALLY started reading this excellent, wonderful script, and I keep laughing and laughing and.... <collapses>

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ain't it just amazing what insomnia does to me? Now I've read all that's been posted, I love it, and I'm ever so impatiently waiting for more. As usual.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
bEau I just want t comment, i can't remember if I have or not. These scrips are amazing, and you and everyone who wrote them deserve 10 gold stars each. But it's taking me a while to read through them so i'm a little behind! :concern: So I don't have alot of specific things to comment on just yet.

Sorry for the spelling errors.. I don't feel like fixing 'em.

Beauregard

Reaction score
No problem with the spellings, Pepper, thanks for commenting!

I thought of you while I was posting, cause there's a whole bunch of Sal in there!!!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Oh, you though of me, eh? Excellent. Though this Sal is much funnier than my version is!
So, yay, I'm FINALLY up to date! I LOVE the bits with Sal and Johnny, i can't get enough of those two. They crack me up.
So, here's the verdict, with as much constructive critism that I can pack into one post! :wink:

Parts I liked:
The Jerry Stinger bit with the meeping - that was just good clean fun, in my opinion, as Beaker is just being misinterpreted, and Jerry Springer has a history of taking things way out of control. Compared to some other references, this one is very mild.
Piggy exchange with the sandwhich - that was gold. Complete mayhem, I loved it.
The courtroom - love the fact that it was sung! Made me laugh. THough I will admit I couldn't follow it very well.
Mahna Mahna - YES. That was just awesome.
Kermit and Fozzie - really cute, touching song between them. :smile: Fozzie and Kerm haven't had many good "best friends" type moments recently.
Johnny and Sal - Kinda didn't get the bit with the typewriter, but the lines between these two were so much fun. I LOVE these guys!! The thug part, and the hatbox part, were particularily funny for me.

Parts I didn't like:
Prison scene- WHAT is OJ simpson doing in a muppet movie?!? I mean, Winona Ryder as a reference isn't so bad, as I think her sentence was for shoplifting, but that was way too far. Also, the rest of the scene doesn't make a whole lot of sense at all.
Robin cameo - Um, what is Robin doing in a dark alley, acting as the middle man between Johnny Fiama and some gangsters?! I didn't understand that at all! I mean, yeah sure, it's fun to throw muppets in to get some cameos, but it just doesn't make sense.
Hoawrd the Pig - (and the exchange between Gonzo and Rizzo immediately afterwards) - I'm not gonna lie, I laughed out loud so much reading that. But I think it's a bit gratuitous, and shouldn't really be in there.
Kermit - it seems like Kermit is the only muppet who can make things happen, but he's stuck in jail! Everyone else seems a bit useless, like their scenes are just excuses to make really funny exchanges (though that has been acheived), but nothing is advancing.

Beauregard

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Parts I didn't like:
Prison scene- WHAT is OJ simpson doing in a muppet movie?!? I mean, Winona Ryder as a reference isn't so bad, as I think her sentence was for shoplifting, but that was way too far. Also, the rest of the scene doesn't make a whole lot of sense at all.
Robin cameo - Um, what is Robin doing in a dark alley, acting as the middle man between Johnny Fiama and some gangsters?! I didn't understand that at all! I mean, yeah sure, it's fun to throw muppets in to get some cameos, but it just doesn't make sense.
Hoawrd the Pig - (and the exchange between Gonzo and Rizzo immediately afterwards) - I'm not gonna lie, I laughed out loud so much reading that. But I think it's a bit gratuitous, and shouldn't really be in there.
Kermit - it seems like Kermit is the only muppet who can make things happen, but he's stuck in jail! Everyone else seems a bit useless, like their scenes are just excuses to make really funny exchanges (though that has been acheived), but nothing is advancing.
In retrospect,i agree with you. At the time I wrote it, I had no idea abotu O.J. but Scoot said it t'would be funny.

Robin..ok, I must admit, I thought it was hilarious that he was acting between J and S and gangsters... :stick_out_tongue:

H. the Pig...hmm..agreed. but...I did snigger...

And, hmm...you are right. Most of these scenes would have hit the cutting room florr...but, there's action coming soon!!!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Don't worry, I'm definately enjoying it! I can't wait to see what is next to come. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Lemme see...a weird Bunsen abd Beaker expreiment...a Gonzo song...a chicken factory...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Beau, could you do me a favor? Stop "seeing" and start posting! Me wants to know what happens!!!!!!!!!!!