The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

anytimepally

Reaction score
You know, I know everyone bad mouthed the Bullwinkle movie, but I think they did a pretty good job with it. Considering how bad Dudley Do-Right turned out. And let us not even begin to count the number of things thy got wrong in the Inspector Gadget movies... THEN incorporated the talking Gadget mobile into the cartoon (though I will say, Gadget's Biggest Case was surprisingly well done).

I hope this gets them to release the show on DVD. Especially the Alvin Show and Chipmunks go to the Movies (Back to Alvin's future kicked shell!)
I just wish they'd finishing releasing Bullwinkle on DVD.. there was a preview for the Season 4 set on the Season 3 DVD, but it's been 2 years since that was released, and we've heard nothing.. I e-mailed them, and they said to check back in six months :grouchy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just wish they'd finishing releasing Bullwinkle on DVD.. there was a preview for the Season 4 set on the Season 3 DVD, but it's been 2 years since that was released, and we've heard nothing.. I e-mailed them, and they said to check back in six months :grouchy:
I heard they canceled the season sets since they started releasing best of sets.:grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I heard they canceled the season sets since they started releasing best of sets.:grouchy:
Absolutely stupid. No one wants "Best ofs" with the exception of "ooh, I like it enough to buy one disk, but not a whole set" types.

I hope HOPE they don't ruin the Chipmunks with this movie. The TMNT movie was well written and animated, and I liked it a lot. The Garfield movies were pretty good. The Fat Albert movie had such potential, but they ruined it having them come out of the TV (I'd rather had a movie that was just a story, not the cartoons coming out of the TV and alive). Scooby Doo was cool in the first 10 minutes chasing the ghost in the factory, but the rest of it was ruined by the fact that they made a big joke of the campiness of the cartoon; although Scooby Doo 2 was cool because they had all the monsters from the cartoon coming alive.
The TMNT movie was one I'd take exception from all the other films. They weren't trying to make a remake, but rather a semi-sequal of the first 3 movies. By not making it a remake, I felt the movie was excellent. The others were remakes, and they suffered from it.

I will say, I liked how Scooby Doo1 made fun of the cartoon, but I feel the "What's new Scooby Doo?" series did a better job of subtly poking fun at the older series, while trying to improve upon it.

Fat Albert was flawed since it had several different scripts and they decided on that one. I found it funny since Bill Cosby wrote the script, and he never wrote for the actual cartoon itself.

But when it comes down to it, the worst ones I've seen were Inspector Gadget, which got everything wrong (though the sequal made an attempt to make refferences to the cartoon) and Dudley Do-Right, which was just totally off from the get go, trying hard to be the more superior George of the Jungle (up to the point they had a random former Monty Python comedian in it).

Now, unless Chipmunks is a remake, and not an extension of the characters (like TMNT) it will suffer.

anytimepally

Reaction score
I worried about this at the time myself, but they did release the first Best Of sets the same day as Season 3, so I thought maybe they were just supplementing the season sets for people who didn't want to spend so much money.. also, they were distributed by Sony Wonder, so the fact that they had to find a new distributor might be a reason we haven't seen Season 4.. I'm trying to stay hopeful :smirk:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
George of the Jungle for the win. That movie got it all right.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I worried about this at the time myself, but they did release the first Best Of sets the same day as Season 3, so I thought maybe they were just supplementing the season sets for people who didn't want to spend so much money.. also, they were distributed by Sony Wonder, so the fact that they had to find a new distributor might be a reason we haven't seen Season 4.. I'm trying to stay hopeful :smirk:
So did Sony Wonder go out of business or something? Because I heard Sesame Street is getting a new distibutor for their DVDs as well.

Also, they release several more Best Of sets since then, so I don't them getting a new distributor is the main problem.

Well, to drive this thread back on topic, the Chipmunks must really be making a comeback this year because when I was at Wal-Mart today, they had a 25 cent ride outside the store and it was like a little trolley and a funky looking Alvin was the conductor.

anytimepally

Reaction score
So did Sony Wonder go out of business or something? Because I heard Sesame Street is getting a new distibutor for their DVDs as well.
sort of.. Sony decided to get rid of them so they could focus more on their own products rather than distributing others'

Well, to drive this thread back on topic, the Chipmunks must really be making a comeback this year because when I was at Wal-Mart today, they had a 25 cent ride outside the store and it was like a little trolley and a funky looking Alvin was the conductor.
that's really neat!