The Collector's Club...

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, I think a collector's club is imperative for the Muppets line. So we all agree it should be no less than $15 and no more than $35 right? I know the Vanishing Cream Beaker is th emost unique exclusive to date(and weve had a ton so far: KErmit tux, EB piggy, Dr. Teeth repaint, Kermit lunchbox industry invite, and now VC beaker)

///beaker

ps: is anyone noticing the eb piggy beats the pants off regular piggy?

Kedrick

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker

///beaker

ps: is anyone noticing the eb piggy beats the pants off regular piggy?
Not just the pants!! She beats the PVC outta her and then buries her on the Island of Misfit Toys!! Move over Charlie in a Box, regular series Miss Piggy is moving in!:smile:

Clint

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
My understanding is Palisades is considering a collectors club for non-retail exclusives only. meaning, we could buy VC Beeker and the Animal repaint that are being sold at cons, but the club would not offer the EB Piggy or Tux Kermit that are being sold through retail outlets. I suspect that is for two reasons-- one, we can get the retail exclusives without too much effort (you can order both Piggy and Kermit on-line) and two, it probably violates the contracts Palisades has with EB, TRU and other stores that get exclusives for Palisades to sell them. Think about it, if the hard core fans can buy the exclusives from Palisades directly, that will cut into the profits for the retail outlets and that will hurt Palisades in the long run (fewer companies will take on the expense of an exclusive because it wouldn't bring in the hard core fans in the same numbers).

So I think we are looking at the con exclusives only. I'd love to see a club exclusive-- even a repaint-- but I suspect the cost would be prohibitative for Palisades. Even if they get 200 members, would that really cover the development and production costs on a figure? I don't know, but I tend to doubt it.

Still, we can dream. A collector's club would be a great way to get some of the more esoteric Muppets out there (Uncle Deadly, Uncle Deadly....)

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I also agree with MuppetQuilter. I'm not gonna shell out $35 just so I can have the chance to shell out $15 to buy the VC Beaker (the only reason I'd spend $35 on this club is so that I can get both the VC Beaker and Animal repaint for free). I think that $10-$20 would be reasonable.

I don't want a whole lot of snazzy crap like t-shirts, member cards, or the chance to name all of Ken's future children and pets. I just want a chance to buy some of these exclusives...

MikeHornPalisad

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Thanks for the thoughts on the club. I think there are a couple of factors that are holding us up from just jumping in full force on it right now:

1. We are short staffed right now and I'm afraid to start a club and have crummy service. The club really needs to be more than just the right to buy the regional exclusive figures.

2. I think it was MuppetQuilter who talked about the number of members. If it, by some miraculous way, got up to 1000 or more members, then it would be a totally different organization than if it is 50 or 100.

3. Value. Do we do a low entry price club with very little besides joining the list as a member benefit? Or do we charge more and add in a figure? Or a shirt? Hat? Some other cool thing? ANd just what is a reasonable price?

THese are the main issues that we are struggling with. The summary is, we have heard you. We want you to get Vanishing Beaker. We will come up with a plan soon!

Mike H

uncleduke

Reaction score
I think if they started a club and the initial dues were $30-$35, and for that you received a VC Beaker, as well as the opportunity to buy the other figures as they became available for $20 delivered, that would be fair to everyone.
With the retail of $15 for Beaker at Wizard World, we will be lucky if we got one off eBay for $40 plus shipping.

Further, I think we should all be extermely appreciative that the folks at Palasaides are even listening to us, and making this opportunity a possibility, which is all it is at this point.

They are in the business of producing toys and sending out bulk orders to mass retailers, not sending out onsies and twosies to a small (yet vocal) minority. Heck, they may not even do the shipping to the retailers, it probably comes off the boat in either Los Angeles or New York, and get re-routed directly to the retailer.

I have been collecvting toys for over 15 yeears, and have never seen a company willing to go to these lengths for the dedicated few. If all they want for their effort is an extra $5.00 per figure, I will pay it, and smile while I'm doing it.

Foreignman

Reaction score
You're absolutley right Duke, I hope that as a reward for Palisades amazing consumer-relations this product will work out very very well for them. Three chears for Palisades, Hip Hip Hooray!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!! Mike Horn and Ken Lilly, we are eternally in your debt.:big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
I think the low cost solution is best if there aren't going to be club exclusive figures. I don't think people really want to pay money for hats or T-shirts. Just a nice monthly email newsletter will do or a special secure page at the website. Maybe even a small discount off the regular figs if you buy whole waves at a time from the Palisades store. Kinda the same thing Sideshow toys is doing for the busts but with the possibility to buy exclusives.

Oh and is this going to be an international club ?