1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Fifth Semi-Annual Muppet Central Awards Ceremony!

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by theprawncracker, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Pork

Pork Active Member

Yeah, thanks for that.

Your not the only one who thought that.

But...I wonder why Pork is such a "nice masculine name" anyway. Perhaps in another language it's quite feminine.
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

You know I was just kidding ya, hon. Maybe it's the "P" like "Paul" and "Peter"?
  3. Pork

Pork Active Member

Perhaps I did.
    Maybe it's because Pork reminds us of food...and food reminds us of people who eat lost of food..which reminds us of men? :hungry::shifty:
  4. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Congrats everyone. I hope you all like your awards!
  5. Pork

Pork Active Member

like...LIKE? what's all this about like. I LOVE my Award! ! ! ! Thanks so much for all the work you put into them. They are really Chawesome! :)
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Yea I saw the awards and thought they where very well made and would have loved to have one, but hey I may get one next year!
  7. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Eh... they're all right...

Which is why I'm printing mine out and hanging them on my wall! :excited:
  8. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Thanks! They look amazing.:)
    On A different note, perhaps we should have a table like the 2nd post (of this thread) of who won what for quick reference posted here.
    EDIT. I read it. ALL of it. I was nominated for 7 awards and won 2. Thankyou all so much for the votes. I am also kinda honoured that I was nominated for biggest fan of Sesame Street. XPPPPP
  9. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Congrats, dude! I voted fer ya... (hey, we got nominated fer best MC duo! XD ;)) and congrats everyone! :excited: I'm still rapt that I got nominted fer, like, 5 things! ^_^
  10. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

:confused: I didn't write two of those, did you mean to put some of my fics there?....These are all my fraggle fics so far (with better edited versions are all on FF.net):
    An All Hallow's Love (I noticed you put 'Eve' *hee*)
    Rock and Rain
    Those Of The Black Snow
    Everything Seems To Sing
    Song Of A Midnight Place
    Where The Wild Wind Blows
    But To Fly...

I'm surprised everyone loved Rock and Rain so much, I did not get many reviews so I was not sure if I scared everyone for life :confused:.
    I'm sort of sad Midnight Place wasn't in the running, but I'm happy that I won anything at all..All that bottled up lifelong fandom shows I guess :excited:
    With Fraggle Rock fandom I always give 100% of my soul into what I write and say :).

Oh and my name is weird, I was going to use the name RedSaga (with dragons and swimming contests) but I thought it sounded too dramatic so I redid it Redsonga, A Red Song (a song Red sings) :3:excited:
    Aaaaw..*hugs little baby Matt* You give me fanfic ideas, yes you do : D. Who's the sweetie?
  11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Heh... For that Songa I direct your attention to the "My Harmonica" Fraggle fanfic series. :smirk:
  12. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I have been trying to read some of the very old fraggle fics here but for some reason most of the older stories have no spacing in them what so ever, not even when people talk, so in place of this (using my fic):

They are almost always like this:

Only sometimes a bit worst with the dialogue and paragraphs not even starting on any sort of a new line and broken code from text formatting that no longer works :(.
    I know it's just a little thing, but one of the hanging on troubles of my learning disability is the fact that I need spacing when I'm reading to make sense of everything, or even the best writing gives me a gorg of a headache...I'd even format them myself if it would help or if the authors didn't mind:\.
  13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Well, if you're referring to My Harmonica, and Fraggle stories written by Effy...well, they have a very specific format. I actually found that was the very magic of them. The strange grammar (due to Russian influence), and the formatting. That was what made them special to me. But I can also understand why they would be hard to read.
  14. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

This is more all the older FR fics that I've found (most of them at least)...
    I have nothing against different wording, or even how the chapters are broken up by themselves, I never let that effect my pov of a story really, it's just how the words themselves are laid out to me..There is no magic in eye strain (from no spaces and all bold text) and half dead fonts (from I guess, when the forums used different codes) IMHO :(:sympathy:. I..I just can't read it :(, I really really want to, I do, everyone else can ...

My spelling and drawing may be better now, but my dyslexia is alive and well...
  15. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I don't have that problem ... but I dislike having to imagine where the sentence or the paragraph ends. Imagine reading ancient texts, which didn't use punctuation or line breaks or word breaks at all. THAT is something that I admire (or pity) people who study that sort of thing. That would drive me insane.
  16. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

It's weird that I have the trouble I do because my actual reading comprehension level itself has always been very very high..It's just, I can't see the words so much to use my understanding when they are all mushed together :(. (And while speech to text is good for writing sometimes, I don't like a text to speech reading program if I can help it because 1) With spaces in a story I don't need the extra help and :excited:2) Golly, most of their voices are annoying :coy:
  17. Mary Louise

Mary Louise Active Member

My Harmonica

How many stories are there in the "My Harmonica" fanfic series? I've read the first two, and they were amazing!
  18. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

It looks like there are only two :)
  19. Mary Louise

Mary Louise Active Member

Well, if there are ever any more, I would love to read them. And I wanna be swallowed by Beauregard!
  20. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I just want to add even though I can't read it right now I think 'Play,My Harmonica" is one of the prettiest titles I've ever heard :). FR does go toward titles that, if all the FR fanfics online were put together, would make a lovely poem :3