The "Next Muppet on Family Guy" thread

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
yeah I saw it was sort of offended by stewies comment..but I guess jim being brought up is better than no jim and the muppets at all..oh and btw he said wrong sounding muppets not raw.

After thinking about it is was a point that the Dr. told Jim that he was fine and then he died monthes later. and the Muppets do sound bad ut was great

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I just saw the bit on You Tube. Kermit didn't have his collar on in it (must be due to copyright issues?)

I also noticed that Family Guy seems to be working to get every (major, that is) Muppet character on there (appearance, mentions, spoofs and props). I mean, so far we've had:

Ernie
Bert
Rats (including Rizzo, since he was one of the bellhops in GMC)
Big Bird
Kermit
Miss Piggy
The Count
Grover
Cookie Monster
Bunsen
Beaker
Elmo
Telly
Statler and Waldorf
Swedish Chef
Fozzie Bear

...and all we need now are:
Electric Mayhem
Gonzo
Oscar
Snuffy
Sam Eagle
Rowlf
Scooter
Yip-Yips
Two-Headed Monster
Guy Smiley

minor muppetz

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
I just saw the bit on You Tube. Kermit didn't have his collar on in it (must be due to copyright issues?)

I also noticed that Family Guy seems to be working to get every (major, that is) Muppet character on there (appearance, mentions, spoofs and props). I mean, so far we've had:

Ernie
Bert
Rats (including Rizzo, since he was one of the bellhops in GMC)
Big Bird
Kermit
Miss Piggy
The Count
Grover
Cookie Monster
Bunsen
Beaker
Elmo
Telly
Statler and Waldorf
Swedish Chef
Fozzie Bear

...and all we need now are:
Electric Mayhem
Gonzo
Oscar
Snuffy
Sam Eagle
Rowlf
Scooter
Yip-Yips
Two-Headed Monster
Guy Smiley
If the Electric Mayhem make an appearance, I wonder if the writers will go as far as to include Lips.

Some people have mentioned that it would be funny to show some Sesame Street characters in a street corner buying weed, or Oscar offering something illegal. Maybe it would be funny to have Lefty make an appearance, selling drugs (or have one of the Family Guy characters dress as Lefty and act the same way).

CBPuppets

Reaction score
The Swedish Chef wasn't even Speaking Mock Sweden.

Frogster

Reaction score
He means when Peter was at the hotel in "The Son Also Draws" and asked the guy at the front desk if they had rats as bellhops like the Muppets. No rats were seen.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Haha just watched it! Hilarious! Swedish Chef looks really good...

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Here's some more ideas:

*Fozzie being heckled by Peter at a comedy club, and then Fozzie goes on a rampage and attacks him

*Peter has learned, "Never trust street bums" and it cuts to him on some inner-city street in NY and Oscar tricks him into buying something stupid. Of course, Peter falls for it.

*Swedish Chef rapping

*The crystal shard as a prop

*Have one ending of an episode spoof the usual endings of The Muppet Show-characters come out for the "goodnight"; Statler and Waldorf give last comment, and Zoot's saxophone

*(Insert character here) says that "people make many stupid mistakes all the time", and it cuts to Buffy the Vampire Slayer killing...The Count(!) Big Bird, Grover, Elmo, Ernie, Bert, Oscar and Cookie give her a devastated look, and later in the episode they show up at a graveyard and cry over his tombstone.

*Grover demonstrating "near" and "far"

*Oscar applies for a job

*Sesame Street ending spoof, with ALL the major classic characters seen in the background

*The reason why Sesame Street never really had a major female character, is finally explained: the male characters keep grossing them out everytime

*Racecars/spies cartoon spoof

*Someone uses Snuffy as his allibi (for doing something bad)

*Chris goes to war with the Fraggles after picking on him (of course Lois doesnt believe him, but we hear explosions, yelling, etc outside)

*Cookie Monster admits that he "did it all for the cookie"

*Lois is afraid to go outside the house again after being stalked by a bum/theif in the alley. When she attempts to go out, several things sartle her---Oscar comes out of a nearby garbage can. Lois runs off but he says "Hey! I just wanted to talk! (changes mood) Ah, forget it (drinks a bottle of alcohol) Nobody ever wants to talk to me (keeps on drinking)"

*A "big-nosed" criminal is out on the loose, who is described as "a man in blue". When it's on the news, they show an artist's depictual of what he might look like, and it's Gonzo. Later, the cops bust into Gonzo's home, where he's happpily relaxing in peace, and they arrest him. Gonzo tries to convince them that he's innocent.