1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The "Next Muppet on Family Guy" thread

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by muppet maniac, Oct 2, 2006.

1. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I just noticed, I'm pretty sure the intro music in that clip is Don't Stop Believin' by Journey... which is one of my favourite FG moments of all time :D.
  2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I noticed that too! And yes, oh my gosh... one of the BEST FG moments EVAH!
  3. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

That poor lady and her dead husband... "Oh my god, that IS Journey!" I freaking love that song. :D

And since I'm a Star Trek nerd on top of being a FG obsesser, everyone needs to watch this now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XofplX0VFy8&
  4. theprawncracker

Hahahahahahaha! Oh my GOSH! I LOVE that! Is that actually Patrick Stewart's voice? If not, it's an amazing impersonation. I am so glad I went out and bought the first four Family Guy DVD sets when they were on sale at Best Buy for only $18 a piece.
  5. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

No, it's actually Patrick Stewart! Which makes it that much more awesome. He plays Stan's boss on American Dad so he probably recorded this cameo at the same time.

I have volumes 3, 4, and 5 (the one that just came out). I buy them at Costco for $20 each. They are worth so much more than that but it's great that we can get them cheap, eh? The next one I'd like to buy is volume 2, because I love the episode when Brian becomes a police dog. Also, I've only seen clips of Road to Europe and I want to see it from start to finish.

Edit: Since we're on the subject, there's also a cutaway of the bridge of Star Trek where Captain Picard (played by Stewart of course) is laughing about Commander Worf's face. http://youtube.com/watch?v=eKW97uEF5vA
    Enjoy, Prawnie!
  6. theprawncracker

Awesome clip, MrsPepper! And speak of the devil, I'm watching Volume 2 right now... :p I still need to get Volume 5 next time I have the money...
  7. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I love that song, and I love when amateurs sing it, but I hate baseball cards

Daniel
  8. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

ROFL! That was absolutely perfect, Daniel. You get hugs for that.
  9. Teheheman

Thanks, I LOVE that moment, such a random Adam West moment and it's probably the single best moment in the episode. HUGGITIES go to you for enjoying that.

Daniel
  10. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

"we get an actual Muppeteer in the voice cast (Victor Yerrid)"

I know Julianne Buescher did an episode for the show but then that was It. Who Knows?
  11. MuppetMarc

MuppetMarc New Member

So the newest muppet reference for this episode was where Joe was picking out new legs for a leg transplant. One of the options was a pair of Big Bird legs.
  12. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

Anyone catch the Pigs in Space reference on tonight's 100th episode of Family Guy? Plus, in the highlights episode right before they showed the "wrong sounding Muppets" clip. ;)
  13. SgtGonzoPepper

SgtGonzoPepper New Member

I saw the Pigs in Space joke and I was the only one of my friends who got it. I loved it!
  14. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Yeah, that was a good one. I sqeualed at the TV when I heard it.

**cue echo**

PIIIGS IIIIN SPAAACE!
  15. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

On the 100th episode clip show, they showed the clips of the "Wrong-sounding Muppets" (just the part with them backstage and Kermit's dull "yay"), and Cookie Monster in rehab (the part with him in the room with the doctors). Even though the rehab part was funny, they got Cookie Monster a bit wrong, having perfect eyes and talking with proper grammar. If it were the REAL Cookie Monster, it's go like...

Doctor: (with a plate of cookies) What are these?
    Cookie: Me no know.
    Doctor: Whaddaya MEAN you don't know?
    Cookie: Me no know how they got there!
    Doctor: Well, I think you DO know.
    Cookie: No, janitor guy was here making beds... he put them... me was in potty. (gobbles up the cookies) AHHHM-num-num-num-num... (the doctors hold him down) AAH! AAH! You guys Nazis! You freaking Nazis!
    Doctor: (gives Cookie Monster a tranquilizer shot) Ssh-ssh-ssh...
  16. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

That was freakin' hilarious...:D

BJ
  17. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

I have one, What if Peter or Chris was asked to see a dentist, and they mistake Dr. Teeth for one?
  18. Teheheman

Or it would be like them going to the Dentist and Dr. Teeth would be in there and have a cavity or something like that. I dunno, it sounded good at the time.

Daniel
  19. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Dude! That dull "Yay" is hilarious! Kermit waves in a wiggly way while doing this! How hilarious can it get? BTW, the Dr. Teeth bit would be insanely funny!
  20. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

I still say "Family Guy" should do a parody of "Sesame Street News," "Monsterpiece Theater" or "The Adventures of Super Grover!" They could even recreate their title cards and (hopefully) get Jerry Nelson to do the announcer voices for the respective parodies.