The... -wait fer it-... "What made you laugh today?" Thread

dwmckim

Reaction score
Sign outside an apartment complex: "This is a sign. Move here." Burst out laughing!

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
LOL, I was in science class today, and this just randomly happened. First my mom/the teacher was handing out some papers, and she was saying all the names of everyone in each group, and when she got to our group, she called me "Alex" and then the girl who sits next to me said, "Hey, Abby..."

Ironically, my name is Aly, and I share a few classes (including science) with a girl named Allie, and there's a boy named Alex in that class. :confused: Maybe I should just start calling myself "Alice" to reduce confusion. :wink:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I was watching Sesame Street, and it was Episode 3934, where Baby Bear needed a haircut. My dad walked in and sees the hair and says, "Since when is Baby Bear emo?"

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Some of you would probably find it very lame, but I just got the Drawn to Life game. I just drew some weird little hero dude, but then they asked me to name it. I couldn't think of a good name, so I just put "Nobody."

Then I found out you could create more than one character, so I did another one but left it completely blank so you can't see anything at all and named it "Somebody."

Kiki

Reaction score
This actually happened last night, but my brother was talking to his friends' girlfriend and they were discussing stuff they liked as kids. Then she asks my brother if he ever liked the Muppets. Now, obviously I'm more muppet-obsessed than him, but I do consider him an enthuesiast because he grew up with it all as well and he knows much more about Jim Henson stuff than your regular Joe Bloggs. Bottom line: He knows muppety-goodness, and living with me... he doesn't really have a choice. xP Anyway, he told me this, and it made both of us laugh.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
So, it was a long week, and yesterday morning I fell asleep while riding in the car to school. My mom had the radio on, and I woke up in the middle of when they were talking on the radio about Adam Lambert. So, I think, "What an incredible coincidence!" then fall asleep after it was over. Then at school, my friend Erin said she needed to get some spiked shoulder pads "like Adam Lambert," because of my tendency to occasionally rest my arm on her (and some other friends') shoulder.

But that's not all.

This morning I wake up and turn on the TV, which just so happens to be on the Music Choice "Pop Hits" channel, and then I instantly hear the opening notes to "Wataya Want from Me?" by (Who else?) Adam Lambert. LOL.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was reading about how Julia Louis-Dreyfus got her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame today... but they mispelled her name on her star as "Julia LUIS-Dreyfus".

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
A few things.

First off, my friend Erin had a picture of "Justin Beaver" online. Nothing funnier than a teen pop star's head on the body of a furry swamp animal. :wink:

Also, we have a yearly week long field trip to Washington, and Erin, Brittany, and I (none of which went on any of those trips) were joking about if we all went on the trip next year and were roomies at the hotel.

Next, I had my backpack on, and I was leaning over into the car, trying to pick up my clarinet case and a folder, but the weight of my backpack slipping onto my upper back/shoulders caused me to nearly flip over onto the backseat. Don't know why I found that so humorous, but I just did at the moment.

And lastly, this made my friends laugh more than me, but it was rather normal by our group's standards. My friends and I were waiting for school to start, and we were talking about singers, then I just randomly blurt out, somewhat off topic, "Is Elton John still alive?" Cue the two guys staring at me at an awkward silence followed by some light laughter and Nick saying, "Google is your friend for this stuff," to which I tried to be funny by responding, "Yeah, Google and I are kinda...'seeing other people'..." >.<

Kiki

Reaction score
^LOL!

For me, it's funny when my brother and I are both sleep-deprived. Generally we function well when it comes to late nights, as we're both night-owls, but it's been a long week, and... er, yeah. I don't know anymore. .___. But we just do funny things. Just then, my brother (who's nearly 20, gotta love it) broke into song, going, "OH CAN'T'CHUU SEE, THERE'S A BIRD ON ME..." and so on. :smile: xD