The... -wait fer it-... "What made you laugh today?" Thread

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
So, in reading class we pretty much got to sit wherever we wanted and do just about whatever we wanted as long as we stayed in our seats. There were three groups formed around the classroom: the popular chicks (every female student that was there today except me) with two boys added in, most of the guys, and "the loners" (two boys and me) who were just scattered around in random desks on the other side of the room.

So, I'm just sitting down in my regular desk, writing a bit, looking at the other people in the room. Suddenly, one student in the all-male group shouts out, "Let's play the Quiet Game! Whoever talks is out first is out," and then the students in that group are just making hand motions and pointing at each other while occasionally making sounds that don't quite qualify as talking.

The teacher then starts watching them and said, "If I knew you'd have so much fun playing the Quiet Game, I'd have done that every day." Of course she would want all of us quiet. :wink:

Kiki

Reaction score
My mum told me she was going to Target today, and I asked her if she could get me a lip smacker (hooray for stereotypical girly things, hurhur :stick_out_tongue:). She was sort of meh at first, but when I came home from school she was like, 'OH... by the way, I got you one...' and she begins scavenging through her handbag. She hands it to me and then goes, 'Here you go, just don't put it on your lips'. I love my mum, even if she is a bit of a nazi about chemicals, but... NO MUM, OF COARSE I WON'T PUT THE LIP SMACKER ON MY LIPS, THAT'S CRAZY-PEOPLE TALK.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
In study skills we had to watch the movie Shark Tale, and just about the whole time I was just sitting at my desk writing and thinking, Ugh...What a dumb movie except for during one scene: A shark singing "You are the Wind Beneath My Wings". I pretty much had to bury my face in my hands just to keep from laughing too loud.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
My black cat. He makes me laugh sometimes. If he wants to be petted, he'll jump on my lap, and meow at me, and let me tell you something: he's a hugger, and a kisser. If I don't have my neck up, he'll bang my chin so he can lick my chin. He's front declawed, and he just loves to knead me when he's happy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, so at this other forum I post at, we had a new member register last night...

She confessed that she mostly lurks around, but she said she had to make an account just so she could post an announcement: I annoy her.

Yep, that's the way it really happened, lol. I'm willing to bet it was either a troll from a rival forum where just about everybody takes issue with just about everything... or someone here makin' rounds, lol.

Either way, it was pretty funny.

Kiki

Reaction score
Okay, so at this other forum I post at, we had a new member register last night...

She confessed that she mostly lurks around, but she said she had to make an account just so she could post an announcement: I annoy her.

Yep, that's the way it really happened, lol. I'm willing to bet it was either a troll from a rival forum where just about everybody takes issue with just about everything... or someone here makin' rounds, lol.

Either way, it was pretty funny.
LOL! Sorry, I shouldn't laugh, buuuut... xDD

Eh, some people have to much time on their hands.

APRena

Reaction score
My mom and I got into an actual ARGUMENT about the etiquette surrounding singing a song that is stuck in your head. I maintain that it's rude, that's akin to sneezing in someone's face (i.e thus the song will spread to another person and annoy them). But she thinks that the only way to remove the earworm is to sing it. This boiled down to, "I own this house, I can do what I want!" of course. Not particularly funny in the moment, more the fact that we were serious about this.

Kiki

Reaction score
My 80-something year old next-door neighbour just popped in, and I told her that I was the only one around, with the exception of my grandma and nanna, who were both in the shower at the time. She looks at me and goes, "I hope they're not in there together, s***...". She always cracks me up. xD

Kiki

Reaction score
Was funny at the time...

Me: (*Lightly touching a dying rose*) Don't get rid of it just yet, okay? It's so pre--
My Grandma: (*Gasps frantically*) Noooo! Don't touch it, don't touch it!
Me: Oh, okay. (*Points at the rose*) But I love how faded it--
My Grandma: No, nooo! It's delicate! Don't touch it!
Me: Bu-- but I wasn't touching it. xDD (*points*)
My Grandma: Nooo! What did I tell you?
Me: I'm not-- I'm pointing--
My Grandma: (frantically) D--d-d--d-- don't point then!

Reminded me sooo of the "Nigal's guitar collection" scene in This is Spinal Tap. x3

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
We were playing a game called "Actor's Nightmare" where one person has a script and the other has to improvise and try to make sense. A boy and I were chosen, and I got the script, however, my first line included me saying something about "your husband" to the other player, much to the surprise of him and everybody else in the room. Yeah, we ended up changing the script after that.