The Weird Al Show on DVD this tuesday

minor muppetz

Reaction score
NotAShrimp said:
This is definately what I was thinking of. Thank you very much minor muppetz! :smile: I remember this video a little better now. It basically goes through Al's life like a narrated documentary, but a really funny one. There was an ALTV segment I was picking out of it that I found particularly funny that I probably remembered as more important to the video than it really was. Once again Thanks! And might I add wOw! You had a serious amount of info on the promotional video. It's actually pretty interesting!
Yeah, this video had some clips from the first (and possibly the second and third) AL-TV special. I don't remember too much about the special (I rented this video once, right when I was starting to become a Weird Al fan, and shortly after renting it the video store that had this video closed, and I haven't found any copies at any other video store or library). I first heard of AL-TV because of this video, and at the time I wondered what AL-TV was (I had previously seen the 1996 AL-TV special, but didn't know the specials title at the time).

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
There was a Compleat Al book, too, if I'm not mistaken, but sadly I've never seen either.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
There was a Compleat Al book, too, if I'm not mistaken, but sadly I've never seen either.
Are you you don't mean The Authorized Al?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
Are you you don't mean The Authorized Al?
Oh, dude. You're right. (Smacks self) Bad Al fan, bad!

See? Told you I never got to see either!

NotAShrimp

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Yeah, this video had some clips from the first (and possibly the second and third) AL-TV special. I don't remember too much about the special (I rented this video once, right when I was starting to become a Weird Al fan, and shortly after renting it the video store that had this video closed, and I haven't found any copies at any other video store or library). I first heard of AL-TV because of this video, and at the time I wondered what AL-TV was (I had previously seen the 1996 AL-TV special, but didn't know the specials title at the time).
Interestingly enough, I too last rented this from a video store! It was probably in the late 80's, but it was in a video store. :smile:

P.S.
I like your sig... don't baleete it!:big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
NotAShrimp said:
I like your sig... don't baleete it!:big_grin:
I won't baleete.. err, delte it for awhiel, but if I do eventually change it, I'd like to let those who read this thread who see this after the sig is changed know what it is:

"It's dot come!"

A line from the introduction cartoon at www.homestarrunner.com.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Tim Kelly said:
Wow, Sam Goody still exists? The one at my local mall closed years ago, and I thought they were all gone.

In any case, I did tape all the episodes of "The Weird Al Show" but definitely intend to acquire the DVDs! I was just watching a bunch of Al's "interviews" on youtube last night, cracking up the whole time.

The Sam Goody at our mall closed about a month or so ago. I would like to maybe get these DVD's as well but its going to have to get behind a long list of other stuff i'm gonna get first

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have a long list of DVD's I want as well... and had I had the money, I'd'a got it for 21 bucks, on sale. It's just so sad this show was canned, and then 2 years later CBS just reran crap from Nick Jr. and has ever since, with the exception of one year having a few non jr. Nick shows... sadly they brought all Nick Jr. back.. crap with them!

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
I love Weird Al and I have already gotten this DVD. I remember watching this when I was like 5 in 1997 and some memories have stayed with me ever since, like the episode when Harvey becomes huge because of the radioactivity in the microwave. I don't remember however that freaky 3 second Ear Booker bumper with the "Bite Me" in the background on TV when I saw it. Man, that thing might have triggered an epileptic attack with some kids. One problem with my DVD's is that sometimes it cuts out and freezes up. Wonder if anyone else had this problem...? All in all, I'm sure happy though that it's out on DVD and now it's in with my DVD collection.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm glad I came across this old thread. I want to say I received the show for last Christmas and it's wonderful. :big_grin::excited: