1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Tickle Me Elmo 10th Anniversary Edition

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by CoOKiE, Aug 13, 2006.

1. I seen the TMX Elmo doll on a news channel this morning right when it was released. He is so cute and I can't wait to buy him!
  2. SSLover

SSLover New Member

I thought he was adorable! When I first saw him, i thought he was cute but it was nothing that i thought. But then when i saw him roll around, thats so cute!

:excited:
  3. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

I got one today at Toys R US.

People were buying that doll left and right. Every customer at the cash register had at least one. Someone had 3!

When I got to the store around 11:30, an hour and a half after the store opened, there were only 2 left.

But it's a cool package, I haven't opened mine to give to my daughter yet. Even the box has an Elmo sound.
  4. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

The showed the new Tickle Me Elmo on The View this morning. The very first one off the assembly line that they are going to auction off. It is autographed by Kevin Clash. They were playing with it and showed what the doll does and it is incredible. I could not stop laughing. It was the funniest toy ever. It's gonna be a hot item for Christmas this year. Probably more so that the first edition. This is something that anyone who needs cheering up should have. If I were having a bad day, one push off this toy would put me in stitches. Everyone needs to see the new TMX!
  5. EasyBeinGreen

EasyBeinGreen New Member

I got one... and good thing... amazon already has the price raised to 100 dollars and they are going for 150 on ebay... the guy in front of me at wal mart bought 5 and said he was selling them...
  6. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

WOW! I just clicked on this thread to read the posts and then noticed that there are 54 guests viewing this thread. Wow I never saw a number close to that high before for one single thread.
  7. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

i see 49 right now lol
  8. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

With all the big lead up to his release, and after reading that an insider couldnt beleive all the features, I thought that Elmo might actually lip sinc, so I am a bit dissappointed now.I suppose that's what you get when you make a big lead up and suspense.
  9. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

10. RubbeRoomStudio

RubbeRoomStudio New Member

yeah, i asked my wife to get one today while she was out... i got home and there was this elmo sitting there...(i don't really like him, but wanted to see what the buzz was about)... My twins were afraid of the thing at first... when he rolls, they still run... He does look very similar to the one 10 years ago... i was working at KB Toys then... WOW! was that an experience... Overall, i give it a 7 out of 10... i do like when he kicks his feet on the second time after he says "Again!" allright... there was my 2cents
  11. EasyBeinGreen

EasyBeinGreen New Member

yea, it actually ended up selling for $280.50... absolutely nuts...kind of upsets me though that people would buy a bunch to sell at these high prices... I just think of all the kids who could have one but wont because their parents cant pay 200+ dollars
  12. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Why would you buy it if you don't like him regardless of the buzz? Just curious. It's gotten so expensive already that is pretty risky for ya there. Well, I'm glad you found it to be fun afterall. I did too. I love how he falls and rolls around laughing, but what really gets me is when he gets back up on his own. Brilliant!
  13. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I agree with you 150%! It saddens me also. Why can't everyone buy them for the price they should be sold at? I hope that the retail stores won't start raising the prices like this. All children should have the opportunity to have one. To spend $300 for a toy like this, or anything over $30, is insane.
  14. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

My town was already completely sold out of TMX Elmos this morning!:eek:
  15. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

Well the people buying all of them on ebay are porbably getting them for their kids. I wish I had gone to Toys R Us and picked up a few for an ebay investment.
  16. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Wow, Snowth! That's crazy. I came up with an idea earlier today based on what I remembered from the original Tickle Me Elmo drama. Since shopping in the stores for this thing would be so crazy, wouldn't the easiest and less stressful option be to just order the toy online? Then I realized now that it might not be so easy because online retailers are selling them for way more than they should be. It's frustrating.
  17. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

But is that really necessary? Isn't it more important for the children to get to have these wonderful toys instead of using the product for "ransom money". Don't tell me you would have the nerve to turn around and resell it for an obsene amount of money for your own profit. I'm not trying to point fingers and if it looks like it I am really sorry, I just can't believe there are people that would do such a selfish thing.
  18. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I agree, Forget all this over pricing stuff, children should be able to just play with, enjoy and fun with a toy. I think adults kind of ruin that a little. I maen at 125$, come on. Your gonna have to tell youe children that they shouldn't play whit it and it's not a toy with prices like that.

What has truly become of the chrismas season, and is Elmo really to blame, or is it greed?
  19. I'm waiting awhile before I get mine. I got to get $$ for it first of all and I don't want to go get it and be disappointed that it's sold out. Gosh, I can't wait!!!
  20. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Elmo has nothing to do with it, Ilikemuppets. It's the greed of our society. It makes me sick, personally.