TMS Season 2 coming August 7, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh this is fantastic!! Muppet Morsels! WHOO!! :excited: Three months to the day tomorrow!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
you and me both man! I love seeing all this muppet stuff I've never seen before it's sort of like Jim's still around and bringing us new great things!:big_grin:
Yeah! I quite enjoyed "Sex & Violence." I saw it for the first time when the Season 1 set came out, and it seemed as if it were made yesterday. I liked Nigel & Sam, Statler & Waldorf in their home or whatever it was, the Mt. Rushmore stuff, and especially The Electric Mayhem and Floyd's groovy eyes.

I can't wait to check out the Valentine Show!!:smile:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Press Release

BURBANK, Calif., May 8, 2007 – Muppet news flash!—Two years after Walt Disney Home Entertainment raised the curtain on The Muppet Show: Season 1 DVD, The Muppet Show: Season 2 – Special Edition will debut on DVD for the first time on August 7, 2007.
The 4-disc set features all 24 digitally remastered and restored episodes from season 2.

Rediscover the clever writing and irreverent comedy of The Muppet Show with the DVD’s famous and outrageous skits, songs and silliness, and catch your favorite, legendary guest stars: Bob Hope, Elton John, Peter Sellers (The Pink Panther), George Burns (Oh God), Julie Andrews (The Princess Diaries, The Sound of Music) and Steve Martin (Cheaper By the Dozen, Shop Girl).

The Muppet Show: The Complete Second Season – Special Edition includes collectible, flocked “Muppetational” Piggy packaging as well as hours of bonus features, outtakes and exclusive interviews. Having aired only twice in the last 34 years, the extremely rare and collectible “The Muppets Valentine Special” has never been released on DVD or VHS. “The Muppets on the Muppets” gives fans the real scoop in personal and revealing interviews, Weezer takes on Miss Piggy in their video “Keep Fishin’” and even the brand new menus will keep you laughing!

Muppets creator, the late Jim Henson, lends his incredible voice talents to Kermit and the Swedish Chef. Frank Oz speaks for Miss Piggy and Fozzie Bear, with veteran puppet designer Dave Goelz (Fraggle Rock) as the larynx behind the Great Gonzo. The Muppet Show garnered eight Emmy® Awards during its 1976 to 1981 primetime run on ABC-TV and produced a series of Muppet films including The Muppet Movie and The Muppets Take Manhattan. Henson’s creative mind was also responsible for two non-Muppet Show related movies, The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth.

Bonus Features:

• The Muppets Valentines Special
    Starring a young Mia Farrow, Kermit, and some Muppets you might not recognize, this extremely collectible special has aired only twice since 1974, and never before been released on DVD.
  • Weezer and the Muppets
    The music video for “Keep Fishin’” featuring Weezer backstage at The Muppet Show.
  • The Muppets on the Muppets
    Personal and revealing interviews from Kermit, Gonzo, Rizzo, and others that will make you laugh, and may even make you cry.

Henson’s enormously successful career began in the 1950s with “Sam and Friends,” a late night TV show broadcast in the Washington, D.C. area. Before unexpectedly passing away in 1990, Henson created characters for a variety of TV programs—from “Sesame Street” to “Saturday Night Live”—and films such as Yoda from The Empire Strikes Back.

The Muppet Show: The Complete Second Season – Special Edition DVD is priced at $39.99 in the U.S. and $59.99 in Canada

source : ultimatedisney.com
No Muppet Morsels :cry:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Maybe there is no Muppet Morsels.but this "The Muppets on the Muppets
Personal and revealing interviews from Kermit, Gonzo, Rizzo, and others that will make you laugh, and may even make you cry." sounds amazing. Touching Muppet interviews that may even make you cry? I'm there!

CyberSteak

Reaction score
$60 Canadian? What's that about? Have they even looked at the exchange rate lately?

$40 US works out to $44.19 Canadian.

Once again Canada is getting the shaft.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
According to a customer review on the Amazon order page link dated May 8th 2007, direct quote, The bonus features are the first pilot The muppet show valentines day pilot, Muppets on muppets with Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo and Rowlf, the Weezer music video with annals, plus Muppet Morsels and commercials for the episodes.

I'll be disappointed if the morsels are missing but I'm hopeful that this reviewer has researched the upcoming release and knows what he's said is accurate.

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
This is great. i am glad that there are more muppets interviews. Why no commercials. Thats wierd. This is is great though to finnally have it.

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
I wrote that and its supposed to be The Muppets on the Muppets
Personal and revealing interviews from Kermit, Gonzo, Rizzo, and others that will make you laugh, and may even make you cry.

plucky

Reaction score
FINALLY! Now, how long until more Fraggles? I can't remember anymore!

So, I only read the first 3 pages, but I'm sure the big question now is "What will be missing?"

Well, happy birthday to me, I know what I'll be getting this fall :smile:

-plucky

Status
Not open for further replies.