TMS Season 2 coming August 7, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Muppets Tonight is a good idea, especially if it's previewing the show's DVD set (who knows when and if that'll ever happen), but I have an addition to your list! :smile: My favorite sketch from all of MT would have to be the Kermit Frog (where's the 'the'?!) Club hehe :wink: and one of the funniest songs they did was The Lion Sleeps Tonight, IMO.
I can't believe that I forgot about The Kermit the Frog Club. I did think about mentioning The Psychiatrist Sketch but forgot to. But then for a highlight reel it would be best to not include every good moment. I envision such a feature to subtley promote a Mupets Tonight set, but not exactly be a trailer (just in case Disney decides not to release any Muppets Tonight DVDs). But if season five were to have a Muppets Tonight highlight reel as a direct preview (even if longer than an average DVD preview), then Disney had better be sure that it will be released sooner than two years later.

SarahOnBway said:
we'll hopefully have Piggy and Fozzie at least. I'm a little confused about the Rizzo--he wasn't even in Season 2. But oh well. I loves me my Steve.
I just noticed that the list of characters included that says "and others". If Fozzie and Miss Piggy are in the new feature then I think it's weird that Rizzo would be mentioned but not them. But if Rizzo is included then I hope it also has other characters who werne't on the show during the second season, like Lew Zealand, Beauregard, and (though I guess it's a long shot to have him in an interview/ discussion-type feature) Lips.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Hahahaha, I just imagined what an interview with Beau would be like. Full of elipses no doubt :wink: hehehe, awww Beau.

"Huh?"

Awesome.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
That is so awesome, I'm so happy about this.

I have that music video of Weezer and the Muppet titled "Keep Fishin" on DVD already with the Weezer music video DVD and on my Ipod, :smile: , but looks like I'll have it agian.

Luke

Reaction score
I don't know why they don't put out a "Best Of Muppets Tonight" since the slightly younger fans who came onboard at the time of MT might be encouraged to buy into that and then snap up the past seasons of TMS.

I can definitely see Of Muppets and Men making it onto one of the DVD sets, i guess they are saving it as they've had to get through the two pilots on set 1 & 2.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I can definitely see Of Muppets and Men making it onto one of the DVD sets, i guess they are saving it as they've had to get through the two pilots on set 1 & 2.

yeah i had the same thoughts too Luke! :smirk:

Telly

Reaction score
Yeah I hope they keep the close up shot of piggy. It'd be cool if for the other seasons they went back to the close up shots of the characters' body.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There are three other seasons that will undoubtedly have Fozzie, Gonzo and Animal faces on the packaging (I kinda spotted a theme). So, with these releases, what should the Special Features be? I really, really think one should be The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson, but maybe not until the last one. :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
There are three other seasons that will undoubtedly have Fozzie, Gonzo and Animal faces on the packaging (I kinda spotted a theme). So, with these releases, what should the Special Features be? I really, really think one should be The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson, but maybe not until the last one. :smile:
I think it would be good for that speical to be introduced (that is if we ever get it) The Jim Henson Hour DVD's. It would be good because that would have almost been the last thing he would have done.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe Disney should save one of the unused Miss Piggy covers for if The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show ever gets released on DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.