TMS Season 2 coming August 7, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I am much pleased. I am wondering about possible cuts, but man - they needed to release season two. People were hoppin' up and down on one leg outside! :wink:

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Puppetman is from the Senor Wences episode, not the Don Knotts episode.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I am much pleased. I am wondering about possible cuts, but man - they needed to release season two. People were hoppin' up and down on one leg outside! :wink:

Amen to that i have been waiting so long as well i am so glad that one of two of the art works that i liked where chosen , the bosus features are so great as well This set is going to be so cool .:wink:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*pulls self together* *literally* AUGUST 7TH IS ONLY... *gets out calendar* *starts counting the days*

8,121,600 seconds
135,360 minutes
2256 hours
13 weeks (rounded down)
94 days

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
i am so excited to see the another of the muppet show on Dvd.

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
A Women's Institute?

Bea:zany:{Which is what W.I. generally stands for...I think...I'm confused...}regard
Well, I guess over the pond you haven't heard of the Wii. It is the newest gaming system from Nintendo.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So there is also going to be a special fuzzy package. I wonder if that cover will resemble the non-fuzzy cover, or if it will be more different, similar to how the last few season sets for The Simpsons have had two different boxes.

If Disney wants to include the Weezer video, which was made more than two decades after the show ended, I wonder if Disney will release more material from after the shows run as bonus features. I don't know if Weezer's video inclusion is because it takes place at the Muppet Theater, but if that's the case, I would rather have The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson as a feature (though I guess the chances of that being a feature and being uncut are slim, though if it was a feature on a Muppet Show box set and it's delay was because Disney needed to workout getting permisison for various clips and character rights, it would definately be worth the wait).

But some other Muppet Show-related stuff that I would have rather seen announced as a special feature include:
The Muppets Go to the Movies
Of Muppets and Men (though that should be saved for season five, since it was made during that season)
The Muppet Revue
The Kermit and Piggy Story
Childrens Songs and Stories
Rock Music
Muppet Treasures
Muppet Weird Stuff
Country Music
Fozzie's Muppet Scrapbook
Rowlf's Rhapsodies
Muppet Moments

And there are a lot of other Mupet things I would like to see. But I feel like those would be appropriate for season setsof The Mupet Show.

And the fact that the Go Fish video is going to be included got me thinking. If Disney really is planning on releasing a Mupets Tonight set after all five seasosn of The Mupet Show get released, maybe it would be great if season five had some sort of Mupets Tonight feature, to make people aware of it's existence and get them excited. Maybe not a full episode, but a highlight reel.

If I were to compile a Muppets Tonight highlight reel for a specialf eature, I would include the following clips:
Kermit hires Clifford to be the host
Muppets Tonight Theme (without Kermit's introduction)
Clifford introduces the show
Tony Bennet and Kermit sign Firefly
Gonzo and Zippety get their tapes mixed
Seinfeild Babies
Carl the Big Mean Ventreloquist
Starfish and Coffee
Swift Witts (I don't kno the plots of any specific sketches)
one of Clueless Morganm and Polly Lobsters skits (ditto)
Seymour and Pepe's "ELIFINO" joke
Bay of Pigs Watch: Spamela gets hired as the new life guard assistant
City Stickers
Johnny Fiama's Pasta Playhouse
Gary Chuenga auditions new partners
Flippers
We Shall Be Free

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Things like The Muppet Revue, Muppet Moments, Fozzie's Scrapbook, etc, those are all great on their own, but I don't see the need for them to be bonus features on a season DVD when really they're mostly clips from the show. Sure there is "new" material (Kermit and Fozzie clearing out the attic in The Muppet Revue), but if we're going to be getting all the season eventually, there's no need to have clips on the same set of DVDs. Releasing them seperately would be a different thing, but I don't think they should be part of the sets.

The Muppets Tonight is a good idea, especially if it's previewing the show's DVD set (who knows when and if that'll ever happen), but I have an addition to your list! :smile: My favorite sketch from all of MT would have to be the Kermit Frog (where's the 'the'?!) Club hehe :wink: and one of the funniest songs they did was The Lion Sleeps Tonight, IMO.

I would love to see The Muppets Go to the Movies as well, though it's not my favorite of all the Muppet specials, and we'd BETTER get Of Muppets and Men eventually, haha! Unless they're going to release another edition of TMM (I already own two DVD versions and two VHS's...), I would like to see The Muppets Go Hollywood, which could definitely fit even though it's specifically about the movie. But above all, I would KILL for some commentaries!!!

I'm excited for these special features though, and I'm really happy we have at least these three. I was very impressed with the Original Pitch Reel and the Sex & Violence ep on the last set and I can't wait to finally see The Valentine Show. I personally love new Muppet footage (I personally love any Muppet footage I've never seen basically, haha! There's only so many times you can watch the making of In the Navy before you're like, great, wonderful, I love it, but now I've memorized it all and what about the making of something else?) so I'm really excited to see The Muppets on The Muppets. I'm sure it's not going to be just Kerm, Gonz and Riz (we're tight, those three and me hehe :wink: ); we'll hopefully have Piggy and Fozzie at least. I'm a little confused about the Rizzo--he wasn't even in Season 2. But oh well. I loves me my Steve.

That's a long enough post for now, don't ya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.