1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

TMS Season 2 coming August 7, 2007

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

i hope that happens also that would be nice :)
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It's just a shame that Jerry Juhl never provided audio commentary on any Muppet DVDs. I don't know if he would have wanted to give commentary, though. It's a shame that he didn't accompany Brian Henson on the MCC and MTI audio commentaries. And of course it's a shame that Jim Henson died years before DVDs were invented. I wonder if Jim would have provided audio commentary if he had lived to see DVDs. On one hand, he didn't keep many secrets, and wasn't against revealing too much behind-the-scenes information, but on the other hand, it has been said that Jim Henson didn't like to talk about past productions very much (It's a wonder that he was involved with so many compilation videos and anniversary specials).
  3. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

I can't see why this can't be done. Disney did a full length commentary track by Walt Disney for Snow White DVD. If he did his so could Jim & Jerry.
  4. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

You know, I bet he would have. I mean, later in life he might have had a different perspective on looking back, reflecting on past productions. Man, I would have loved to hear those thoughts!
  5. muppet baby

I know what they mean about the fact that Walt did they full Length cometary for snow white i guess the did not want to do the same for the muppets ohhhhhhhhhh well , shame on them .:) :mad:
  6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I didn't know that the Snow White DVD featured full commentary by Walt Disney. I guess audio clips were used. I know that the Looney Tunes: Golden Collections have audio clips of Chuck Jones, Friz Freling, and othe rpeople invovled with the shorts on some of the cartoons. I think there might also be a short that has full commentary by Chuck Jones (taken from an interview, or something). That could be done with a Muppets DVD, though in the case of The Muppet Show, I wonder if there are enough archived audio clips of Jim Henson, Jerry Juhl and other deseased performers that would fit in commentary for a specific episode (though there could be audio clips about the show and characters in general, if there aren't any audio clips about certain sketches).
  7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

*taps fingers and waits for the R2 announcement*

I wonder how the first season sold in the UK. I know I saw it on shelves in stores for quite a while, but whether that means there was a demand and they were regularly restocking, or whether they jus sat there...I don't know for sure.
  8. muppet baby

i have been wanting to know that also beauegard , i hope that it did sell well there that would be great to know i would hope that i would be sold there .
    i would love to have the regin 2 release of the entire series .:) When they all come out of the muppet show of course along with region 1
  9. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Yay!:) This is awsome!;) Wait a sec, $39.99?:crazy: Oh well, it will be worth it!
  10. muppet baby

Oh wow i can not believe it the original Piolate , that is so great i can wait to buy this set and miss piggy is on the cover oh boy , i can not wait .:)
  11. Telly

Telly Active Member

Watching the first stuff makes me wanna watch the stuff from the late 70's and 80's when the Muppets developed their personalities more. :flirt:
  12. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I hope the way the disks are in the box isnt the same way as the 1st season. I hated having to take one disk out to get to another one. I hope its a fold out box with one disk on each flap
  13. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

We had a format in Australia with a cover that opened up with each disc in separate flaps. I agree it would be annoying Sarge to take out a disc just to get the next one for immediate play. I hope they are more sensible with the way they package them for you this time.
  14. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

We should have a Muppet Central release party, haha. Like, the day it comes out everyone, at a certain time (idk, 10pm EST so that west coast people are home from work), all gather to the forums and we watch the first episode together. They do this on a lot of TV show forums, so I've seen, where they all watch episodes and write to each other at the same time. IDK, I think it might be fun. It's just an idea :)
  15. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I love that idea Sarah. We should do it.
  16. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Oh, we should DEFINITELY do that, Sarah! Great idea!
  17. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

And we could have our own thread about it (or a live chat, or something) and archive it so we can always look back on how witty we all are. ;)
  18. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

TOTALLY! *hugs Pepper*
  19. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

How witty we are... hehehe

Well I'm glad people like the idea :) Course, it's months away, but I think it would be fun.
  20. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

Excellent idea Sarah!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.