TMS Season 2 coming August 7, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Reaction score
I am also surprised about the Weezer thing (I assume that the behind-the-scenes documentary is included), but it wasn't that great of a production.
I'm also surprised about the Weezer thing, but i think its one of the best things the Muppets have done in years, besides VMX. They were going thought the pop culture phase at the time and it was an appropriate thing to do and was done well. Wasn't that documentary shot by MTV? If it was then i'm not sure it'd be included, we'll have to see i guess.

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
To qoute myself in life, "I DON'T WANT AN XBOX, I WANT A WWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

Beauregard

Reaction score
A Women's Institute?

Bea:zany:{Which is what W.I. generally stands for...I think...I'm confused...}regard

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the Weezer special is being included (though it sounds like it is), but if so, it's weird that that and the valentine special are being included. I thought that the reason why the first set didn't have both pilots was because of disc space, and both the valentines pilot and the weezer special are a half-hour long (none of the other season one features besides Sex and Violence lasted a half hour). If there ends up not being room for both, then the valentine special better be what's left in.

I wasn't even aware that Disney owns the Weezer music video. I thought that was owned by whoever Weezer is under contract to. Unless, of course, Disney owns Weezer's contract. If so, then I guess that it is good that Disney is willing to negotiate distribution rights for it's Muppet DVD releases, and I hope that Disney can someday get the rights to release some Muppet content that Disney doesn't actually own (like The Great Santa Claus Switch).

anathema

Reaction score
To qoute myself in life, "I DON'T WANT AN XBOX, I WANT A WWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"
Upstairs, first on the left :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
I wasn't even aware that Disney owns the Weezer music video. I thought that was owned by whoever Weezer is under contract to. Unless, of course, Disney owns Weezer's contract.
I think they mean "more than a music video" because the music video was shot like a little mini Muppet Show. Geffen records is Weezers label and it doesn't look like there is any relationship with Disney and from what i gather, music videos, even if they have guest stars are the property of the record company. Music videos are shot as promos for the bands, and so i doubt it would have been a major deal for Disney to get that as its great promotion. Probably just something nice and easy for them to include.

As for the "making off" type things - sometimes they are shot as advertising features by the record companies - in which case they usually have an "Advertisement" type banner on screen, and sometimes the TV companies shoot them as programs. I never saw it at the time, but i think it was an MTV thing and i think they shot all their ones themselves and used them as regular programming, so Viacom would own the rights.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
*EYES POP OUT, JAW DROPS and POOPS* :excited: AHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! a date a date a date a daaaaate!!! oh my gosh! its about time man I'm soo counting down the days to buy it :flirt: oh and ahhh for get about the poop part there hehe :stick_out_tongue:

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
My goodness, I cannot express how EXCITED I am that we finally have a date for the release of this set!!

I LOVE the big Piggy face box and I hope it stays like that.

I can't wait to see and hear one of my favorite all-time Muppet show songs from Don Knotts' episode "Puppetman". I LOVE that song!

I have seen that Valentine's episode when it was aired on Hallmark a few years back, and all though it's cool that it's being included on here, I didn't find it all that entertaining.

Hopefully we won't have to wait an additional two years between each of the remaining season:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.