1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

TMS Season 2 coming August 7, 2007

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I can't believe that I forgot about The Kermit the Frog Club. I did think about mentioning The Psychiatrist Sketch but forgot to. But then for a highlight reel it would be best to not include every good moment. I envision such a feature to subtley promote a Mupets Tonight set, but not exactly be a trailer (just in case Disney decides not to release any Muppets Tonight DVDs). But if season five were to have a Muppets Tonight highlight reel as a direct preview (even if longer than an average DVD preview), then Disney had better be sure that it will be released sooner than two years later.

I just noticed that the list of characters included that says "and others". If Fozzie and Miss Piggy are in the new feature then I think it's weird that Rizzo would be mentioned but not them. But if Rizzo is included then I hope it also has other characters who werne't on the show during the second season, like Lew Zealand, Beauregard, and (though I guess it's a long shot to have him in an interview/ discussion-type feature) Lips.

2. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

Hahahaha, I just imagined what an interview with Beau would be like. Full of elipses no doubt ;) hehehe, awww Beau.

"Huh?"

Awesome.

3. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

That is so awesome, I'm so happy about this.

I have that music video of Weezer and the Muppet titled "Keep Fishin" on DVD already with the Weezer music video DVD and on my Ipod, :) , but looks like I'll have it agian.

4. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Oh, oh! You clean that up! :o

5. Luke

Luke Active Member

I don't know why they don't put out a "Best Of Muppets Tonight" since the slightly younger fans who came onboard at the time of MT might be encouraged to buy into that and then snap up the past seasons of TMS.

I can definitely see Of Muppets and Men making it onto one of the DVD sets, i guess they are saving it as they've had to get through the two pilots on set 1 & 2.

6. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

yeah i had the same thoughts too Luke! :smirk:

7. Telly

Telly Active Member

Yeah I hope they keep the close up shot of piggy. It'd be cool if for the other seasons they went back to the close up shots of the characters' body.

8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

There are three other seasons that will undoubtedly have Fozzie, Gonzo and Animal faces on the packaging (I kinda spotted a theme). So, with these releases, what should the Special Features be? I really, really think one should be The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson, but maybe not until the last one. :)

9. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I think it would be good for that speical to be introduced (that is if we ever get it) The Jim Henson Hour DVD's. It would be good because that would have almost been the last thing he would have done.

10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Maybe Disney should save one of the unused Miss Piggy covers for if The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show ever gets released on DVD.

11. jimmy dean

jimmy dean New Member

Is there going to be Muppet Morsels?

12. Telly

Telly Active Member

One of the bonus features I'd like to see on the upcoming seasons are the Muppetisms that are on the Time Life Best of the Muppet Show collection.

13. Luke

Luke Active Member

I guess on each release they'd include some kind of main extra feature like they have on the first two - so i would guess we'd see Of Muppets and Men, and hopefully Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson. Not sure about the other one ... possibly The Muppets : A Celebration of 30 Years or (knowing Disney) Muppets At Walt Disney World ????

14. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's also no mention of whether or not there will be cuts. We'll just have to wait and see.

15. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

As far as I'm concerned I'm prepared to expect cuts realizing that if they couldn't get rights for all the songs used the first time it will possibly likely happen again the second time.

Of course if there are no cuts at all that'll be a beautiful surprise.
    And as for the morsels I suppose whether they are continued with or not depends on people's personal critical feedback. If sufficient people appreciated them on season 1 it would be logical to carry them on into season 2.

Like you said Daffyfan2003 we'll just have to wait and see.

16. Animal

Animal New Member

Great news indeed! :)

I just dont see why the Weezer video has to be on it...? I mean, it has nothing to do with the good old Muppet Show in the Jim Henson days.

Also, I hope we wont see Pepe in the interviews....

17. kbug67

kbug67 Member

Here's the dvd info from the Amazon Pre-Order page

So it looks like the Muppet Morsels are actually here! YAY!!!

But it may only be a copy and paste job from the first season as it has

Anyway we only hope!

Also does anybody know about a UK Release yet?
    Im getting mine from the US anyway but im just curious

18. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

that sure looks like what it is, because it also has "Sex and Violence" instead of "The Muppets Valentine Show"

19. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

I'm really looking forward to "The Muppet Valentine Special." I've never seen it, and I loved "Sex & Violence" from the first set.

20. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour Active Member

you and me both man! I love seeing all this muppet stuff I've never seen before it's sort of like Jim's still around and bringing us new great things!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.