1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

TMS Season 2 coming August 7, 2007

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. anathema

anathema Active Member

Behind you! >:)

Mwahahahahahaaa!

2. Luke

Luke Active Member

I'm also surprised about the Weezer thing, but i think its one of the best things the Muppets have done in years, besides VMX. They were going thought the pop culture phase at the time and it was an appropriate thing to do and was done well. Wasn't that documentary shot by MTV? If it was then i'm not sure it'd be included, we'll have to see i guess.

3. MuppetMarc

MuppetMarc New Member

To qoute myself in life, "I DON'T WANT AN XBOX, I WANT A WWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

A Women's Institute?

Bea:zany:{Which is what W.I. generally stands for...I think...I'm confused...}regard

5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if the Weezer special is being included (though it sounds like it is), but if so, it's weird that that and the valentine special are being included. I thought that the reason why the first set didn't have both pilots was because of disc space, and both the valentines pilot and the weezer special are a half-hour long (none of the other season one features besides Sex and Violence lasted a half hour). If there ends up not being room for both, then the valentine special better be what's left in.

I wasn't even aware that Disney owns the Weezer music video. I thought that was owned by whoever Weezer is under contract to. Unless, of course, Disney owns Weezer's contract. If so, then I guess that it is good that Disney is willing to negotiate distribution rights for it's Muppet DVD releases, and I hope that Disney can someday get the rights to release some Muppet content that Disney doesn't actually own (like The Great Santa Claus Switch).

6. anathema

anathema Active Member

Upstairs, first on the left :)

7. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think they mean "more than a music video" because the music video was shot like a little mini Muppet Show. Geffen records is Weezers label and it doesn't look like there is any relationship with Disney and from what i gather, music videos, even if they have guest stars are the property of the record company. Music videos are shot as promos for the bands, and so i doubt it would have been a major deal for Disney to get that as its great promotion. Probably just something nice and easy for them to include.

As for the "making off" type things - sometimes they are shot as advertising features by the record companies - in which case they usually have an "Advertisement" type banner on screen, and sometimes the TV companies shoot them as programs. I never saw it at the time, but i think it was an MTV thing and i think they shot all their ones themselves and used them as regular programming, so Viacom would own the rights.

8. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

*EYES POP OUT, JAW DROPS and POOPS* :excited: AHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! a date a date a date a daaaaate!!! oh my gosh! its about time man I'm soo counting down the days to buy it :flirt: oh and ahhh for get about the poop part there hehe :p

9. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

My goodness, I cannot express how EXCITED I am that we finally have a date for the release of this set!!

I LOVE the big Piggy face box and I hope it stays like that.

I can't wait to see and hear one of my favorite all-time Muppet show songs from Don Knotts' episode "Puppetman". I LOVE that song!

I have seen that Valentine's episode when it was aired on Hallmark a few years back, and all though it's cool that it's being included on here, I didn't find it all that entertaining.

Hopefully we won't have to wait an additional two years between each of the remaining season:)

10. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

that is a great song :D

11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I am much pleased. I am wondering about possible cuts, but man - they needed to release season two. People were hoppin' up and down on one leg outside! ;)

12. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

Puppetman is from the Senor Wences episode, not the Don Knotts episode.

13. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

Amen to that i have been waiting so long as well i am so glad that one of two of the art works that i liked where chosen , the bosus features are so great as well This set is going to be so cool .;)

14. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour Active Member

I agree DISNEY LISTEN USE THE CLOSEUP FACE SHOT!!:mad:

15. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

*pulls self together* *literally* AUGUST 7TH IS ONLY... *gets out calendar* *starts counting the days*

8,121,600 seconds
    135,360 minutes
    2256 hours
    13 weeks (rounded down)
    94 days

16. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

i am so excited to see the another of the muppet show on Dvd.

17. MuppetMarc

MuppetMarc New Member

Well, I guess over the pond you haven't heard of the Wii. It is the newest gaming system from Nintendo.

18. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

I thought Season 2 was a little early for it.. but it is a good song!

19. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

So there is also going to be a special fuzzy package. I wonder if that cover will resemble the non-fuzzy cover, or if it will be more different, similar to how the last few season sets for The Simpsons have had two different boxes.

If Disney wants to include the Weezer video, which was made more than two decades after the show ended, I wonder if Disney will release more material from after the shows run as bonus features. I don't know if Weezer's video inclusion is because it takes place at the Muppet Theater, but if that's the case, I would rather have The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson as a feature (though I guess the chances of that being a feature and being uncut are slim, though if it was a feature on a Muppet Show box set and it's delay was because Disney needed to workout getting permisison for various clips and character rights, it would definately be worth the wait).

But some other Muppet Show-related stuff that I would have rather seen announced as a special feature include:
    The Muppets Go to the Movies
    Of Muppets and Men (though that should be saved for season five, since it was made during that season)
    The Muppet Revue
    The Kermit and Piggy Story
    Childrens Songs and Stories
    Rock Music
    Muppet Treasures
    Muppet Weird Stuff
    Country Music
    Fozzie's Muppet Scrapbook
    Rowlf's Rhapsodies
    Muppet Moments

And there are a lot of other Mupet things I would like to see. But I feel like those would be appropriate for season setsof The Mupet Show.

And the fact that the Go Fish video is going to be included got me thinking. If Disney really is planning on releasing a Mupets Tonight set after all five seasosn of The Mupet Show get released, maybe it would be great if season five had some sort of Mupets Tonight feature, to make people aware of it's existence and get them excited. Maybe not a full episode, but a highlight reel.

If I were to compile a Muppets Tonight highlight reel for a specialf eature, I would include the following clips:
    Kermit hires Clifford to be the host
    Muppets Tonight Theme (without Kermit's introduction)
    Clifford introduces the show
    Tony Bennet and Kermit sign Firefly
    Gonzo and Zippety get their tapes mixed
    Seinfeild Babies
    Carl the Big Mean Ventreloquist
    Starfish and Coffee
    Swift Witts (I don't kno the plots of any specific sketches)
    one of Clueless Morganm and Polly Lobsters skits (ditto)
    Seymour and Pepe's "ELIFINO" joke
    Bay of Pigs Watch: Spamela gets hired as the new life guard assistant
    City Stickers
    Johnny Fiama's Pasta Playhouse
    Gary Chuenga auditions new partners
    Flippers
    We Shall Be Free

20. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

Things like The Muppet Revue, Muppet Moments, Fozzie's Scrapbook, etc, those are all great on their own, but I don't see the need for them to be bonus features on a season DVD when really they're mostly clips from the show. Sure there is "new" material (Kermit and Fozzie clearing out the attic in The Muppet Revue), but if we're going to be getting all the season eventually, there's no need to have clips on the same set of DVDs. Releasing them seperately would be a different thing, but I don't think they should be part of the sets.

The Muppets Tonight is a good idea, especially if it's previewing the show's DVD set (who knows when and if that'll ever happen), but I have an addition to your list! :) My favorite sketch from all of MT would have to be the Kermit Frog (where's the 'the'?!) Club hehe ;) and one of the funniest songs they did was The Lion Sleeps Tonight, IMO.

I would love to see The Muppets Go to the Movies as well, though it's not my favorite of all the Muppet specials, and we'd BETTER get Of Muppets and Men eventually, haha! Unless they're going to release another edition of TMM (I already own two DVD versions and two VHS's...), I would like to see The Muppets Go Hollywood, which could definitely fit even though it's specifically about the movie. But above all, I would KILL for some commentaries!!!

I'm excited for these special features though, and I'm really happy we have at least these three. I was very impressed with the Original Pitch Reel and the Sex & Violence ep on the last set and I can't wait to finally see The Valentine Show. I personally love new Muppet footage (I personally love any Muppet footage I've never seen basically, haha! There's only so many times you can watch the making of In the Navy before you're like, great, wonderful, I love it, but now I've memorized it all and what about the making of something else?) so I'm really excited to see The Muppets on The Muppets. I'm sure it's not going to be just Kerm, Gonz and Riz (we're tight, those three and me hehe ;) ); we'll hopefully have Piggy and Fozzie at least. I'm a little confused about the Rizzo--he wasn't even in Season 2. But oh well. I loves me my Steve.

That's a long enough post for now, don't ya think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.