TMS Season 2 coming summer 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
David French said:
The two original Prowse and Stevens Pilots probably should be left for Season Five, as should the Of Muppets and Men special. The Muppets Go Hollywood should have been on the Muppet Movie DVD, while The Muppets Go to the Movies should have been on the Great Muppet Caper DVD as they were recorded to promote those respective films.
I agree that Of Muppets and Men should be included on the fifth season set. If the original pilot versions of the first two epsiodes do get released in the season sets, I think it would be best to spread them out, maybe one in season two and the other in season three, or later.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Logically

Dil said:
Why, why do you want to release the Season 2 DVD MONTHS later than the Season 1 DVD, Disney?
Back when the episode first aired there was a 19-month gap between the airing of the first season's finale (episode 124) the second seasons finale (episode 224).

It took 345 months from conclusion of Season 1 to the release of the complete first season appeared on DVD.

If season 2 was released today (which I know it isn't) it would only be a 342 month gap from the conclusion of season 2 and its DVD debut. So to be fair, it wouldn't be until after February 2007 that the release gap from season 1 to season 2 would be a disproportional spacing. So having it come out in spring (March/April 2007) is a reasonable release (only about a month or two longer than audiences in 1978 had to wait after watching season one to see the complete second season).
:wink:

Aaron

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Back when the episode first aired there was a 19-month gap between the airing of the first season's finale (episode 124) the second seasons finale (episode 224).

It took 345 months from conclusion of Season 1 to the release of the complete first season appeared on DVD.

If season 2 was released today (which I know it isn't) it would only be a 342 month gap from the conclusion of season 2 and its DVD debut. So to be fair, it wouldn't be until after February 2007 that the release gap from season 1 to season 2 would be a disproportional spacing. So having it come out in spring (March/April 2007) is a reasonable release (only about a month or two longer than audiences in 1978 had to wait after watching season one to see the complete second season).
Zing!

David French

Reaction score
Dil said:
Why, why do you want to release the Season 2 DVD MONTHS later than the Season 1 DVD, Disney?
Ummm...maybe because TMS is only part of Disney's back catalogue and they don't want to saturate the DVD market with just TMS and nothing else.

GelflingWaldo said:

I had a good laugh over that post. Well done.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Nicely said. I was thinking the same thing and didn't have the patience to research it. :stick_out_tongue:

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Having the original pilot and pitch film was good ...but I agree that Season 1 could've had more features. Here's an idea for Season 2, how about a blooper reel?

Telly

Reaction score
I think they'd should put all of the Muppetisms on one season. I'd really like to see trailers for the Muppet movies. Also I think they should release the Muppet specials (not necessarily as extras, but just on DVD). Why was the Muppet Baby scene in "Muppet Family Christmas" cut out of the DVD release?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
David French said:
The two original Prowse and Stevens Pilots probably should be left for Season Five, as should the Of Muppets and Men special.
The Juliet Prowse and Connie Stevens episodes were already on the Season One set. Both were considered pilots. The First season also included The Sex and Violence pilot, and it was originally planned that the second season would contain the Valentine Special pilot. Once that's out, all of The Muppet Show pilots will have been released.

David French

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
The Juliet Prowse and Connie Stevens episodes were already on the Season One set. Both were considered pilots. The First season also included The Sex and Violence pilot, and it was originally planned that the second season would contain the Valentine Special pilot. Once that's out, all of The Muppet Show pilots will have been released.
When myself and others say the "original Juliet Prowse and Connie Stevens Pilots", we are referring to the original edits of those episodes, as opposed to the broadcast versions. Check the TMS episode guide on this site if you're still confused as to what we're referring to.

And where did you get your info about the Valentines special being on the Season Two set? That's the first I've ever heard.

Son of Enik said:
Having the original pilot and pitch film was good ...but I agree that Season 1 could've had more features. Here's an idea for Season 2, how about a blooper reel?
Do any exist? Off-hand I know of two bloopers - one from a trailer where Fozzie's mouth gets stuck and the other from the Raquel Welch episode where Fozzie calls Scooter "Kermit" - and both have already been shown as part of the It'll Be Alright on the Night series.

Telly said:
Why was the Muppet Baby scene in "Muppet Family Christmas" cut out of the DVD release?
It couldn't be cleared for the R1 release, but I understand that it could be cleared for the R2 release.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
If any bloopers do indeed exist, I'd love to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.