TMS Season 2 coming summer 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
David French said:
And where did you get your info about the Valentines special being on the Season Two set? That's the first I've ever heard.
I didn't say it was official news. That was the plan way back when Season 1 was released.

"If you continue to look at the list of features fans will notice the item of “original pilot”. As many Muppet fans will tell you, there were two pilot episodes produced for The Muppet Show (“The Muppets Valentine Show” and “The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence”). Members of the DVD production team have said that they hope to include both pilots on the set, but depending on the disc space available they may only be able to fit one (exactly which one is unclear right now). If both pilots don’t make the cut for the season one set, the unreleased pilot may be included on the season 2 set. Fans will have to wait for Disney to release more information to know for sure if both pilots made the cut – but at least one pilot episode will be included (and maybe more)."

You can read the whole article here: http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2005/060105.shtml

And, thank you for correcting me on the other matter. I was wrong, and I admit it. I just didn't realize it was such a big point.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Well, the unreleased pilot may be included on the season 2 set but the unreleased pilot may not be included in the season 2 set. Nothing is set in stone. Really we just have to wait for the official announcement before we assume anything because the DVD producers like to keep us on our toes (especially after 16+ months, who knows what plans have changed). So don't assume this or that will, or will not, be this way or that way.

But I hear that the official announcement of the set should be here soon, or should I say soon-ish…whoops I've said too much :embarrassed:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
I didn't say it was official news. That was the plan way back when Season 1 was released.
Sorry. I should reword that. That was "a thought" way back when Season 1 was released.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Well whatever features are on it, I'm pretty excited.

...although admittedly I did just buy the first season yesterday. Don't pelt me.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I've seen parts of season two. And if the guest star list is any judge, it should be full of wonderfulness!

GelflingWaldo said:
But I hear that the official announcement of the set should be here soon, or should I say soon-ish…whoops I've said too much :embarrassed:
psst! say more! You know you want to......

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
I've seen parts of season two. And if the guest star list is any judge, it should be full of wonderfulness!

psst! say more! You know you want to......
Yeah, you can say more. We promise not to tell a soul. :halo:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Right! I promise nobody but us and the hundreds/thousands of other people who browse this forum will ever know!

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I hope that these numbers could be cut from these Season 2 episodes, perhaps due to music rights to the songs:

Don Knotts:

Song: "Sweet Gingerbread Man"

Nancy Walker:

Song: "They Can't Take That Away From Me"

George Burns:

Song: "Chattanooga Choo Choo"

Julie Andrews:

Song: "Won't Someone Dance With Me"

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
SIGH! You really do hope! that these songs could be cut do you TSF?:rolleyes:

Well I'm sure I speak for 99% of the rest of us that we hope there will be no cuts at all.

Why would you want cuts to be made to the Muppet Show DVDs?:confused:

Jerry Nelson even told me once by PM that he was upset by every cut made to Jim's series on the season one set and I told him that back when the television stations in Australia started cutting backstage scenes, some skits etc. on the re-runs I always felt even that was an inexcusable shame.:frown:

I certainly will be disappointed if cuts are made on Season 2 but I'll still gladly take the set. Better than nothing.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
i HOPE season 2 is out by Valentines Day (Feb 14) as (i hope anyways...) that The Muppets Valentine Show is on this set and thats "early 2007" still isnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.